Smok Alien PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbt9000

Mar 12, 2017
hey vapers quick question when will the alien mod pcb turn off the mod, whats the max temperature,

and im hearing that the pcb is the temperature of the coil and not the board can you tell me what it is please ive hit 40oc before and im worried ill break the mod it cost me alot of money

im just getting paranoid that i have to be delicate and concidering returning it due to paranoia that it will just keep cutting out if i use low subohm builds

can someone reassure me please

michael

mbt9000

Mar 12, 2017
The tank will get hot on any MOD and the Alien will shut down if you were able to get the board that hot. If you are using TC Mode with the Alien it might not even get as hot as it does for me using standard wattage mode for the X4 coils. I got 10,000 puffs out of one coil so far with it.
how hot would you say is HOT for the mod to shut down on celcius roughly

mbt9000

Mar 12, 2017
I would have to look up what the cutoff temperature is but I would guess it would not feel confortable in your hand in my opinion. You are worrying for no reason in my opinion and vape on!! What coils or tank are you using on your Alien?
baby beast atm but i use a doge rda with dual ss coils .15 ohms mainly or in that range with different wires, i previously used rx2/3 and this is first time having PCB displayed and i keep thinking with it displayed that it means it will cut out easily and i wont enjoy the experience

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
After taking like 20 puffs on it the temperature is up to 31°C right now firing the X4 coil at 30 watts. Don't worry if you get the PCB that hot it will shut down and it should not cause damage because it is thermal protection which will shut it off before damage can happen. Or at least that is how it should work.

mbt9000

Mar 12, 2017
After taking like 20 puffs on it the temperature is up to 31°C right now firing the X4 coil at 30 watts. Don't worry if you get the PCB that hot it will shut down and it should not cause damage because it is thermal protection which will shut it off before damage can happen. Or at least that is how it should work.
i just dont want it to happen when i use it normally otherwise it wont fit my needs if you know what i mean

dyanaprajna

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2017
Indiana
If I'm not mistaken, I think I've either read, or seen a video, that said the pcb can get up to around 70 C before it starts to get too hot, but I can't be absolutely positive about that. But from what you've described, you're well under the point where you would need to worry about it. I've chain vaped mine for half an hour at 80 watts and it never got above 27 C.

mbt9000

Mar 12, 2017
If I'm not mistaken, I think I've either read, or seen a video, that said the pcb can get up to around 70 C before it starts to get too hot, but I can't be absolutely positive about that. But from what you've described, you're well under the point where you would need to worry about it. I've chain vaped mine for half an hour at 80 watts and it never got above 27 C.
thats good to hear, mine is at 36 C at 55w on 0.4 coil on baby beast i guess its the hand temperature and room temperature included too

Jehst

Apr 8, 2017
Bit late on this but I've had the pcb on my alien go into the the 50's with no issue. Im using my al85 which is currently at 43 degrees Celsius with a T6, 2.0 ohm n baby beast tank at 70 watts which I guess is the little brother but I'd expect them to act similarly as it's based on core temperatures of a sort. I find after 'chain vaping' for an hour or so, up to 3 and probably over, it fluctuates between 38 - 45. Never seen it above 45 though. There are always environmental factors as previously mentioned I this thread. Doubt this helps at this point but had to comment because I signed up due to finding this thread and the fact I'm looking for advice myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread