Status
Not open for further replies.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Aside from the reported problems of these mods shutting down intermittently and bricking completely after a battery change, I am on my second one that has had the top separate partially from the body. On one it was on the trigger side and caused the trigger to fall off and on the other it is on the side of the 510 connection. I added longer screws to both but that only helped on the 2nd one. Has anyone else experienced this issue. I love smok products and this is the 1st time I have ever had an issue with one or rather 2 of their mods.
I have attached pictures of the issue. On the blue one you can see I changed out the screws and that works on that end but not on the side with the trigger

Attachments

• alien 2 (2).jpg
    alien 2 (2).jpg
    914.8 KB · Views: 140
  • alien 1 (2).jpg
    alien 1 (2).jpg
    689.5 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Havent seen this yet...but its such a shame that their QC is so bad.Over time there are more more complains adressed to smok,and they dont answer...Never getting a smok device again....

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
I used to like Smok Devices and they held up better than some of the others, but in the last year or so, it seems like they rushed some of their products to market before they had all the bugs worked out.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Havent seen this yet...but its such a shame that their QC is so bad.Over time there are more more complains adressed to smok,and they dont answer...Never getting a smok device again....

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Same i sent them an email a while ago since i had issues with their big baby tank, it's been weeks and never got any answer lol. Thought about getting a smok mod but nope gonna look elsewhere now, there's enough company that something's bound to interest me.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Same i sent them an email a while ago since i had issues with their big baby tank, it's been weeks and never got any answer lol. Thought about getting a smok mod but nope gonna look elsewhere now, there's enough company that something's bound to interest me.
I just got the I Joy Captain and it is a nice sturdy mod, as is the Captain RTA tank virtually leakless so far. I also ordered a Smoant Battlestar because they have been out a while now and nothing but good reports and I ordered the Smoant Charon bc I liked the looks and same chip as the Battlestar. Time will tell how these hold up but the workmanship on the Captain is great.

Reactions: stols001

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I just got the I Joy Captain and it is a nice sturdy mod, as is the Captain RTA tank virtually leakless so far. I also ordered a Smoant Battlestar because they have been out a while now and nothing but good reports and I ordered the Smoant Charon bc I liked the looks and same chip as the Battlestar. Time will tell how these hold up but the workmanship on the Captain is great.
I don't diy nor use rebuildables, though i've seen some videos on a recent captain mod (pd270 i think) can't lie it does look pretty awesome.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I used to like Smok Devices and they held up better than some of the others, but in the last year or so, it seems like they rushed some of their products to market before they had all the bugs worked out.

I don't have a solution, either, sorry. I do wonder if they rushed some of their production to get mods out the door before deeming, and are now sorry they did. I have to be honest, I've seen a lot of complaints lately from people who were previously very satisfied by Smok mods, and it seems odd that a company that had such a loyal following (and they do pack a punch with some of their features at their price point) is now having such troubles...

If it's still under warranty, maybe I'd try that first? They may have slowed down the QC folks conveyer belt nowadays?

Anna

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I don't diy nor use rebuildables, though i've seen some videos on a recent captain mod (pd270 i think) can't lie it does look pretty awesome.
They also have a SubOhm tank with OCC Coils, I don't have one but if they are as good as the Captain RTA I may decide to order one. Yes the Captain Mod is awesome

Reactions: QcVaper

pfaber11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
england
I'm on my third Alien in six months. Been replaced twice by the shop I bought it from. No more smok for me. Next it's gonna be the captain 20700 or the aspire speeder. My current Alien is 3 months old and done just over 16500 puffs. I expect to get a year out of a mod. All my other mods are still going and all over a year old. Vape on .

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I'm on my third Alien in six months. Been replaced twice by the shop I bought it from. No more smok for me. Next it's gonna be the captain 20700 or the aspire speeder. My current Alien is 3 months old and done just over 16500 puffs. I expect to get a year out of a mod. All my other mods are still going and all over a year old. Vape on .
I replaced the Aliens with an Ijoy Captain and a Smoant Charon 218. Both are good solid devices and I am loving the Captain Tanks. I also got a Smoant Battlestar, also a sturdy device. No more Smok products for me.

Reactions: Milan381

KC0YNU

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
McPherson, Kansas
I have an AL85 kit and after 3 months of use am not having any non user issues. I would try taking back to shop where purchased, or notify business/website ordered from first. Reputable sellers should be able to assist you in getting a GOOD working mod. Patience (hard to do sometimes) will be needed in order to allow sufficient time for issue to be resolved.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I have an AL85 kit and after 3 months of use am not having any non user issues. I would try taking back to shop where purchased, or notify business/website ordered from first. Reputable sellers should be able to assist you in getting a GOOD working mod. Patience (hard to do sometimes) will be needed in order to allow sufficient time for issue to be resolved.
My Aliens were about 6 months old when they started having problems, a co worker who bought an Alien 85 right before I bought my Aliens, showed me his case coming apart yesterday. It's not about the patience, there are numerous quality mods out there at a decent price that are built much better. I choose to spend my money on those.

Khannnnn

Sep 1, 2017
My Aliens were about 6 months old when they started having problems, a co worker who bought an Alien 85 right before I bought my Aliens, showed me his case coming apart yesterday. It's not about the patience, there are numerous quality mods out there at a decent price that are built much better. I choose to spend my money on those.
Sounds good man. Enjoy! Vape on vapers!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread