Smok alien wont connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackCRX

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Vancouver Canada
Trying this again; has anyone found the 1.2.1 firmware for download? Or is there a way to download the firmware from the alien. I'd like to update the firmware from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2 but don't dare to without the option to go back to 1.2.1.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk
Every few days I try to search the web for V1.2.1 but come up empty handed. I have read the ISP tool manual and did not find an option on how to download the original firmware that is on the chip.

I'm hoping someone smarter can figure a way to do this.... That or hope that smok comes to its senses and either release the V1.2.1 or a newer firmware

Reactions: KenD

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Every few days I try to search the web for V1.2.1 but come up empty handed. I have read the ISP tool manual and did not find an option on how to download the original firmware that is on the chip.

I'm hoping someone smarter can figure a way to do this.... That or hope that smok comes to its senses and either release the V1.2.1 or a newer firmware
Tried the ISP tool and I didn't find a way to download the software either. I don't think it can be done that easily.

Reactions: BlackCRX

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Good news, Smok website now states there are 2 different versions of the Alien....
SMOK[emoji768]
I'm hoping for a firmware release soon....
Also maybe merge the two Smok Alien threads to clean up and consolidate information?
Really weird that they released two different versions. Not very smart or cost effective I'd think.

Reactions: Eskie

BlackCRX

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Vancouver Canada
Really weird that they released two different versions. Not very smart or cost effective I'd think.

Agreed. I'm guess there was a chip shortage or something because they didn't expect the alien to sell as good as it did.
I remember on the initial release that ever reseller was on backorder or pre-order.

BigEgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Alabama

They didn't release two versions. Version A is apparently faulty so they changed out one piece of hardware on the board. Instead of recalling version A, they just said screw it and released version B with the newer hardware. This is typical of China, but it is what it is.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
They didn't release two versions. Version A is apparently faulty so they changed out one piece of hardware on the board. Instead of recalling version A, they just said screw it and released version B with the newer hardware. This is typical of China, but it is what it is.

Please supply some documentation for this statement.

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
2017-01-20-05_23_123130.jpg

replacing parts and releasing another one... is a new version... *headdesk*

oh and here is where i got the pic from... just for clarification...

Alien Kit - SMOK® Being with you for all great vaping time!

Reactions: SteveS45
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread