Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Those of you that have recently purchased theirs, is anyone still seeing paint issues?
The black has peeled on mine and I have considered getting another since I like the former factor etc...
I put a partial wrap on my alien and where I didn't wrap peeled lol.

There's so much inconsistency with these. I have one of the earlier ones and have had no finish issues, but plenty of others have. I guess it just depends on your personal tolerance for a possible issue on a new one as there doesn't seem to be any decent predictor for getting a "well finished" one.

EODPaul

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Ottawa Ontario Canada
I got mine about a month and a half ago, and aside from me messing up the update and needing help to fix it(thanks, Eskie), the mod is great. Mine has a bit of paint scuffed around the edges, but nothing normal use wouldn't cause. I've seen a couple of others with big flakes missing. I did the fire bar rattle fix on YouTube, and have to say this mod is fantastic, aside from reading resistance weird from time to time with changing tanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eskie

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
Where mine was peeling, I decided to own it lol. Did a partial homemade carbon fiber wrap when i got it, but not the top section. So mine is 3 tone now. ☺
20170225_201802.jpg

cassandraschild

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
Springfield VA
SS316L: 0.00092
I'd recommend djlsbvapes.com, also has a very good YouTube channel.

Would this be the same setting with all TC mods, or just the Alien? If so, is there a place where I can find these settings in one place? I'll check out the page and youtube. Thanks a ton!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Would this be the same setting with all TC mods, or just the Alien? If so, is there a place where I can find these settings in one place? I'll check out the page and youtube. Thanks a ton!

All TC mods (unless they're DNA in which case you can load a custom curve rather than a single number.) The TCR is simply a property of the metal, not the mod. Here's a list of TCRs for popular wires

TCR ratings.jpg

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Those are all greater than signs, yes? What happens if you use coils with less ohms? Less accurate readings/controls?

Generally yes. But it is only a guide to resistance and dependent on the board you're using for TC. I routinely have 316L builds below 0.5 ohm and they're fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread