Smok Alien

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who_Dey_1991

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2016
Ohio
About the paint:

That's been the most common negative review about this mod. Some people said theirs started chipping after just a week. The only chipping I've noticed on mine is on the battery cover from setting it on hard surfaces. The sides and the top are still in good condition. You can get silicone sleeves for it from FT.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Cloud Chaser9

Dec 3, 2016
About the paint:

That's been the most common negative review about this mod. Some people said theirs started chipping after just a week. The only chipping I've noticed on mine is on the battery cover from setting it on hard surfaces. The sides and the top are still in good condition. You can get silicone sleeves for it from FT.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
May the other people didnt get the final release or they are not taking care of it

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

Hamhawk

Oct 21, 2016
San Carlos, CA
I've had my Alien for almost 3 months now, got it in mid-September. I love the mod, but my paint is chipping and coming off, particularly the trim and the fire bar. It is not bad, but this mod will end up looking like my old istick 100tc which I've had to repair a few times. I have not exactly been gentle, nor have I been rough, but the mod has been in and out of my pocket a bit, along with keys, so I am not upset. Other than the cosmetics, it works like a champ. I've only used the onboard charging when I had really long days at work and needed some extra charge. It works well, but I prefer to use external chargers, and most days the set I put in first thing in the morning will last all day at 75w. Performance is great and still working like a champ!

Reactions: Cloud Chaser9

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    I've had my Alien for almost 3 months now, got it in mid-September. I love the mod, but my paint is chipping and coming off, particularly the trim and the fire bar. It is not bad, but this mod will end up looking like my old istick 100tc which I've had to repair a few times. I have not exactly been gentle, nor have I been rough, but the mod has been in and out of my pocket a bit, along with keys, so I am not upset. Other than the cosmetics, it works like a champ. I've only used the onboard charging when I had really long days at work and needed some extra charge. It works well, but I prefer to use external chargers, and most days the set I put in first thing in the morning will last all day at 75w. Performance is great and still working like a champ!
    Totally not trying to .... into your business, but I wouldn't put my keys int the same pocket as my mod. It may never happen but there is the slightest chance that your battery door may open and your batteries come out causing your keys to come in contact with them.... That is how very bad things happen. I would keep your keys on a clip of some sort like a carabiner, I do. Its easier to get your keys when they are clipped on and its safer for your mods and your body. :D;)

Hamhawk

Oct 21, 2016
    San Carlos, CA
    That is exactly what I do, all my keys are on clips, or carabiners. Doesn't stop the mod from rubbing against them going in the pocket, nor is this a daily thing, generally only when the wife and I are out, and only if I'm not wearing a jacket, or pants, with other pockets. I've also never ever had any issues with the battery door opening with the Alien, and wouldn't consider it an option if there was a chance it would open.

celticluvr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Yeah, I'm still very new to using mods with external batteries even though I've been a vaper for almost 4 years. I worry that there is still the slightest possibility that my mod being in my pocket (locked) might cause the batt door to open through crouching, bending over, etc. I'm sure it won't ever happen because it so snug and it would be awkward for it mysteriously open like that, but I err on the side of caution and put my alien in its own pocket :D:D I'm sure it'll become more natural eventually but I've only had this little guy for 2 and a half days :):) I'm sure digging it. :banana:

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    That is exactly what I do, all my keys are on clips, or carabiners. Doesn't stop the mod from rubbing against them going in the pocket, nor is this a daily thing, generally only when the wife and I are out, and only if I'm not wearing a jacket, or pants, with other pockets. I've also never ever had any issues with the battery door opening with the Alien, and wouldn't consider it an option if there was a chance it would open.

It's really no different with my phone. I may not be afraid of shorting it, but I don't want to scratch up my phone. Why shouldn't I treat my mod just as well? Granted, that's easier in the winter wearing more clothing, and thus more pockets.

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 15, 2016
    Ωhmsville
    TFV8 Cloud Beast.
    TheBig Baby Beast is nothing to scoff at, either.

Just remember to use at least 20a batteries (LG/Samsung/Sony) Even then, you shouldn't push the Alien past 120w. With 30a HB6/VTC3, you can go as high as 165w. Claiming 220w out of a dual 18650 mod is quite overzealous marketing.

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 15, 2016
    Ωhmsville
    Thanks for the heads up mate very helpful! Isn't rebuilding in tvf8 kinda hard for a newbie? Planning to get pharoah or avocado.

Cheers mate. No harder than any other smaller build deck, and there's always the premade stock coils. The Pharoah is my favorite by far. I run two of them single coil right around .30 ohm, and the flavor is lovely, and vapor production is outstanding.

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 15, 2016
    Ωhmsville
    There's just the slightest amount of overhand on the edge of the Alien...not even 1/2mm

2bv9zr.jpg

Reactions: kelstasy

kelstasy

Dec 9, 2016
    Philippines
    I don't use it on the Alien, but I'll do that...give me a few.
    Thanks man really appreciate it, btw in what mode are you really using the pharaoh?

There's just the slightest amount of overhand on the edge of the Alien...not even 1/2mm

2bv9zr.jpg
    I see Pharaoh kinda big for the alien, but can you correct me mate if I'm wrong the tfv8 is much taller than the pharaoh right?

Last edited:
    Reactions: mongo74

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 15, 2016
    Ωhmsville
    Wattage and TC, but usually wattage. I'm using a single fused clapton at roughly .3 ohm at 33w. It's a lovely, flavorful and cool vape. I'm a low wattage vapor, I tend to stay below 75w on most of my set ups, with the occasional push to 120w if I want to cloud up a room.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread