Smok Baby Beast on low wattage reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swaglife81

Apr 16, 2017
So I got to test out my buddies baby beast the other day on 6mg liquid and I loved the hit. I haven't been vaping to long but started with Aspire Nautilus 2. MTL for a week on 1.8 coils. Started DL on their sub ohm coils but the Nautilus 2 just isn't setup for it. I need to lung hit to be happy. My mod is 50 watts and has all adjustable options TC Ni, SS, temp, bypass, etc. At 21 watts I can get 4-5 days from the mod.

Is the baby beast a good daily driver option with the .6 ohm coils or even .4 ohm coils in the 40-50 watt range?

PS I'm down $120 the past 3 weeks on liquids, vape setup, etc. I'm just trying to find my happy medium to stay non smoker without spending $120 every 2 weeks

iVape524

Verified Member
Jan 26, 2017
I run the 0.4 q2 coil at 55 watts and it's a great vape. Here are smoks reccomended wattages on their baby coils

Attachments

• IMG_1073.JPG
    IMG_1073.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 2,883
Reactions: cloudbusting

Swaglife81

Apr 16, 2017
Thanks for the replies. I waited to do some more research before pulling the trigger. Went to 3 vape shops in my area. It's amazing how big vaping is now. Literally more vape shops than gas stations it seems.

I was getting so tired of the Nautilus 2, I grew to hate the feel of it after 3 weeks.

Picked up a Baby beast yesterday, primed the wick manually before putting the tank together. Than let it sit about an hour anyway. Watched a couple movies in the course of 4 hours breaking in the coils at 5 watt increments starting at 5 and waited til 12 he Mark before I hit 30+ watts. I'm wanting this to be a daily driver so I'm hoping that way of wick/coil break in will increase longetivity. Since this tank is efficient with power to vapor ratio I decided to still use my Aspire Zelos Mod.

Looking at alot of reviews and threads it seems most run this tank at 30-40 watts and hardly anyone runs it past 50 watts. Regardless of Smok specs, recommendations seems for 9 out of 10 people 30-40 watts is perfect. I'm interested in what other wattage levels people are at. I'm using the Q2 .4 ohm coil right now. The spare is the T8 coil, but from what I see the majority is using or likes the X4 over the others.

Anyone used all 3-4 coils and give a review on taste, cloud, cool/warm on each of the coils. Like the differences other than the generic descriptions Smok lists. Everything with their descriptions is rich or deep and that doesn't tell me anything.

nate77

Apr 27, 2017
Currently running an X4 at 45 watts on my Pico plenty of vapor, and flavor. Battery life sucks, I barely make it through the work day, and carrying a separate juice bottle is mandatory with the tiny capacity, and massive juice consumption.

I've used all the coils, and I think they are all pretty much the same, the Q2 that came with my BB lasted the longest though; X4's were all I could find when shopping for spares.

dyanaprajna

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2017
Indiana
I like the X4 coils at 45 watts on my Kanger 200w Kbox. I wasn't too impressed with the Q2 coils, and the T8 coil I run a little higher, around 55-60 watts, but it guzzles juice. But I would say the X4 coil is your best best, around 45 watts. You'll get decent battery life, and excellent flavor, but it does like the juice though.

Swaglife81

Apr 16, 2017
After a few days and getting used to a full DL and how to take a good draw I'm liking the tank. Sucks juice more than I thought but I came from a 13-20 watt MTL so, lol. I like this coil technology. I'm no expert but the size of the coil and being able to get huge clouds on low wattage sub ohm is great. I've tried 40, 45, and 50 watts but to me it's to hot. My happy range is 38 watts with about 75% open air flow. I do however want to grab the Smok spirals tank next. I do like the Q2 coil but haven't tried others yet so time we'll tell. These aren't the cheapest coils so I'm hoping I can get a 1-2 week span out of each coil.

From experience when these coils where out... Is it a slow thing or is like all of a sudden a burned taste. The Nautilus 2 coils I used were all of a sudden. Like a perfect taste and than the next hit is burned death vapors and the coil is done

Swaglife81

Apr 16, 2017
I Vaped alot and got 8 days out of the Q2 .4 ohm coil. I noticed sites are selling 2 versions of the Q2 one in a .6 ohm. The spare that came in the box is a T8. I'm still vaping it at 38 watts. Doesn't seem to taste nearly as well at the same wattage but definitely more dense clouds. I'll give this coil a try for a few days and see if I can get a X4 locally before I buy a 5 pack online. The Q2 tastes we excellent in my opinion. Anything past 40 Watts on the T8 on the Zelos Mod just tastes burnt I might need to invest in another mod even though I'm not going over 40 Watts.

Reactions: cloudbusting
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread