Status
Not open for further replies.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Well, since you didn't get a reply, for a first mod I'm big on recommending regulated devices. If you've been using a variable voltage ego or something of that nature and you don't care for vari-volt, which I don't see how it can be the case when first starting out, then it would be good for you. I asked above if there are any kicks that would work with the size restriction of this pipe, but there's been no response. Without a kick, there will be no voltage regulation, so your voltage will drop with your battery from start to finish. It's a really solid, compact mod. Unfortunately, I don't think many people in the pipe forum will be able to answer this. People in this forum love their lovely pipe mods, and this doesn't really fit the bill so much.

You can find good regulated mods for around the same price if that was what the decision was formulated around.

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
I have the clone (from fasttech) of the Smok epipe, and use it daily with a Vision ET rda:

pipe.jpg

cheers,
andrew

Janusxvii

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
I just came across an extension cap on LiteCig. I guess with one cap you can use an 18500 and with tow an 18650. This makes me think that MAYBE you could use one to accommodate a Kick. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience on this? I've been looking for a power regulated e-pipe for a while now, and this might be a winner if I could find a way to Kick it.

http://www.litecigusa.net/Smoktech_Pipe_Mod_Battery_Extension_p/smok-pipe-extension.htm

Last edited:

gayhalo

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2013
Ross-on-Wye UK
Yes just ordered an extension tube and a kick. One extension will take a 350 plus kick or a 500. 2 tubes will take a 500 plus kick or a 650. Not received yet I will let you know how I get on.
On batteries I have button top batteries which are fine you just have to put them in upside down. When I put the kick in it will be in the bottom of the battery space where the screw cap is. I hope to use the screw cap to get at the kick and take the extension off to change batteries.
I have done this because I love my MVP but it is toooooo big to take out .... I love the pipe as it fits in my pocket so well.
I hope to let you know next week.

gayhalo

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2013
Ross-on-Wye UK
Ok. Parts received. The kick does not fit with a 350 battery and one extension. Either it's too short or my battery too long. The extension tube is too large inside diameter to allow the negative contact of the click to touch the side. There is a plastic tube in the battery compartment of the pipe so although the diameter is correct there is no electrical contact. Not going well so far. I will find out from the suppliers if the flat top 350s are shorter than the button top. If I can physically get the kick and battery in I can use some copper shim inside the battery compartment to get the negative up to the click.

danca90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Zagreb, Croatia
Ok. Parts received. The kick does not fit with a 350 battery and one extension. Either it's too short or my battery too long. The extension tube is too large inside diameter to allow the negative contact of the click to touch the side. There is a plastic tube in the battery compartment of the pipe so although the diameter is correct there is no electrical contact. Not going well so far. I will find out from the suppliers if the flat top 350s are shorter than the button top. If I can physically get the kick and battery in I can use some copper shim inside the battery compartment to get the negative up to the click.

My flat top measured at 3.5 cm.

LeftHandBlack

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2013
Brighton Co
My Brother got one last weekend and loves it! It is the Smoktech Pipe mod. And like others have stated yes a ego to 510 adapter is handy. He uses the Mini Protank on his and with the longer stem it looks very much like a pipe. He gets good vapor from it and its very portable in size. There are a couple of different brands available on Ebay and even more elaborate kits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread