Smok G-Priv 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The baby beast tank has its fans and haters. If you find the right coil for you it can be a great tank, and if you are into sub0hming there's no reason not to get it, necessarily. I don't own that tank so I can't speak personally to whether it's the best option or not. I think you do get some nice options with coils, most people can find one they like. Priming can sometimes be an issue, depending on coil type, and some folks do poke holes in their coils (I believe? There are a lot of smok tanks) to get wicking to work a bit better....

With that said, you can put whatever tank you'd like on that mod, so there is no real need for the kit. You may find some of the other options to be more appealing to you and I'm sure folks will be along with suggestions.... Good luck.

Anna

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
It's a good tank, little small.
The coils you'll like, always preferred the duals (can't remember what SMOK calls them).

If you end up liking the tank, may want to get the Big Baby, larger but same coils and often comes with the RBA which I think makes it a far better tank.

Last edited:

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I have the original G-Priv that came with a Big Baby tank. I hadn't even heard about a G-Priv 2, so had to take a look. Looks really nice to me, but wanted to point out the kit comes with an X-Baby tank, not the Baby Beast. But admittedly, I'm not sure the difference other then the X having top air flow. While I can't help with how the G-Priv 2 works or vapes, I did want to comment that in my brief look, it looks like it only comes as a kit. If so, take it for a spin and see if it works for you. And even if you can get just the mod, compare the difference in price with the kit. Usually that additional cost is very reasonable for a tank.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I don't own either the first gen G-priv or an xbaby tank but i'll tell you my experience with the big baby beast: Long story short, if you're planning on using the tank alot and past the included coils, get the rebuildable base for it mine has issues reading/firing on some mods but generally it's been much better than any stock coils. If you're not into rbas yet don't worry but keep the rba if it comes with it.

Reactions: stols001

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
All of the Beast tanks are cloud machines. Don't even think about lower wattage, higher nicotine mouth-to-lung vaping because they suck at it.

They also drink your juice and the higher wattage they require will drain your batteries.

That said, they are really, really good at producing lots of vapor. If your thing is inhaling a large volume of warm-ish vapor and getting all of the flavor on the exhale, the Beasts are hard to beat.

Just make sure to find a budget bulk juice vendor or three and buy at least two high drain batteries for every battery slot in the devices that run the tanks.

I have two Beasts and an RBA kit. They're on my bench because I have tanks that deliver great flavor and decent vapor volume at lower wattage.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
You’ve gotten some good advice so far so I’ll just add a few things. If you decide you want a different tank that uses factory coils the Uwell crown tank is a solid performer. It holds 4mls and doesn’t drink juice super fast but still provides great flavor & vapor. The .5 ohm coils last a long time and is a good provider of flavor and produces nice clouds. Also I’ve got the Smoant Charon TS and it is a fine touchscreen mod that is a little less expensive that the g-priv 2. Just another option for a touchscreen mod that performs nicely in temperature control mode and power mode. I especially like the curve mode for power which when set up properly gives a nice stable vape throughout the pull like a great performing tc hit. Anyway just a few suggestions for you to mull over in your search for a nice vape setup, so good luck and I hope you find what your looking for.

Dekard

Oct 20, 2017
Is the provided baby beast tank included in the kit a good tank for this mod ? All opinions are welcomed :)
Hello.Ex baby beast owner here and very dissapointed with It.Too much leaking,getting very hot,coils after 3 days taste burned and u might get often dry hits.I suggest u ti go with uwell crown 3 or uwell valyrian the la test one. Cheers

Reactions: stols001

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I've got the Smok G-Priv, again it came with the Big Baby Beast tank and I'm using the RBA deck, Dual .40 ohm Clapton coils. I like it so much I bought 2 more tanks and RBA decks. These tanks and coils will not work with the Pico 25 vaporizer probably because the resistance is not right for it. I had the Pico 25 working with a Griffin 25 mini tank with a .24 ohm coil, seemed similar to the Smok RBA tanks. The Smok RBA tanks will work with the Voopoo vaporizer. Every thing I use is in temp mode. I get a fair amount of vapor and very good flavor. On the Smok tank you have to get used to it, very little wicking in the coils to avoid popping and much more cotton in the inlet holes to the wicking to avoid leaking has been working for me. I have the Voopoo which I like very much and it works as well for vaping as the Smok so it is a great value money wise. Got enough vaporizers but I'd probably go with the Smok G-Priv 2 because the original is so good and I like the touch screens.

• Useful
Reactions: Richard-D

E-Smoke

Unresolved Status
Oct 30, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Is the provided baby beast tank included in the kit a good tank for this mod ? All opinions are welcomed :)
The good thing about the Baby Beast tank is even if you don't like the Smok coils there are other tanks released over the last year that have the same size coils so they are all interchangeable the Wotofo Flow coils will fit so will the Vaptio frogman coils (i also believe the latest vaporesso coils will) on top of this you can get RBA deck.

• Useful
Reactions: Richard-D
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread