Smok GX350 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimboHD2005

Apr 14, 2017
Vapenw honored a warranty replacement. While I was waiting for the replacement I bought a new one. Worked great for a little over a month than started having the exact same issues as my old one with wattage going all the way up and down. I powered down and then turn back on and it would work for couple minutes then it went back to the same old possessed mod I was used to with my old one. I wouldn't recommend this mod to anyone. Way to glitchy and the fact that I had the same issues with two of the same mods will keep me away. Bad product IMO.

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
Smok have gone way downhill, I have an Xcube ultra that is still running flawlessly after one year an it's condition is perfect but now they are making mods like the alien that seem to be having nothing but issues. I don't know why people are still buying smok mods! Their customer service is terrible. I got my first alien in January an the screen is just blank. Nothing, doesn't even vape. I have a feeling the gx350 is gonna be no better!

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Goodness gracious, what a quality control disaster.

I remember when the first Vamo came out (circa 2012) and had a host of problems. Brass, easily strippable 510/eGo connector. A connector pin that would get stuck down. A chipset that was set to default AVG mode instead of RMS.

KSD didn't solve all of these problems until the V3 was released but by then, the damage was done. Take note, Smok.

I still have and occasionally use a Vamo V3 and V5 and for the money, they're still the best low wattage mods I've ever used. But I see them for sale at $10 or $15 on ebay and other clearance-type sites.

tl;dnr version: Wait a year or two for Smok to work out the kinks, and the GX350 will be a $20 .... kicker.

Reactions: Skold

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
I've really fallen out with smok, as well as a few companies. That kaos spectrum feels so terrible in the hand, the fake leather is terrible & the screen feels like it'll just fall off. I'm prone to dropping mods an the screen is all cracked. They really had it with the 213 an now Sigelei.
Companies are just bringing out products to compete with people & the mods are garbage.
I think Smoant are bringing out some really good mods though, and that's cos they don't bring out a million mods at once. That charon is amazing. If anyone wants a good dual battery don't go for the alien an spectrum which seem popular atm. Go for the charon or Battlestar :)

JimboHD2005

Apr 14, 2017
Smok have gone way downhill, I have an Xcube ultra that is still running flawlessly after one year an it's condition is perfect but now they are making mods like the alien that seem to be having nothing but issues. I don't know why people are still buying smok mods! Their customer service is terrible. I got my first alien in January an the screen is just blank. Nothing, doesn't even vape. I have a feeling the gx350 is gonna be no better!

I had the same issues with an Alien mod as well. Three Smok mod fails over the course of three months.

Reactions: Skold

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I swear we need a warning at this point. :( I'm so glad I didn't get sold one of these before I knew what I was about (sorta). I'm starting to think Kangertech products are good, at least none of mine started smoking out of the vent holes (I would have been terrified).

Sorry all you guys. That's no fun at all. Hope ya'll got warrantied, though I think if a mod started doing the stuff smoke products do, I'd be asking for a refund, and buying something else....

Anna

paulnewvaper

Aug 21, 2017
2 months and the black finish where my Fingers press has worn off. Very Ugly, this is my last Smok Product. I didn't drop or abuse it in any manner that would have caused this.

I've never had anything like this happen before. Yes I've had APV damaged by drops but not through just regular use.

Just used it every day. I'm going to try to return for warranty to MadVapes but I'm pretty sure they will accuse me of abuse.
View attachment 648917
Mine also - after only 4 weeks' use! Not only on black button but silver finish worn where fingers and thumb grip (all way round). Bought it from Litejoy.co.uk and waiting for a reply before starting a PayPal claim.

This is a product designed to be held, gripped etc - not a cheap mod but the only one to wear so badly. I will check if it is cloned also...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread