Status
Not open for further replies.

CoreyDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2016
Nottingham, UK
Hi All,

Not been able to find any reviews on the new smok GX350 so thought I'd do a little review for anyone who may be considering one. Mine arrived on Tuesday so had a few days to play about with it.

For those who dont know the GX350 is Smok quad 18650 VW TC Mod to go against the RX300 and the iJoy Maxo.

A few little points to start. Batteries need an external charger (unlike Alien). Micro USB included for updates.

First impressions are, I'll be honest, poor. It looks quite dull (I have the Black/Red version). The paint feels thin and cheap, not helped by fact its matt. I can even see the base metal through the paint on the battery door! The plastic carbon inserts are also clearly cheap and in my case, not even stuck down properly. The battery door (when no batteries are inserted) feels like it is ready to fall off. Quite a disappointment given how well built (and rather stylish) my Alien is. Any tank over 25mm will have overhang (a pet hate), odd since the new Smok TFV12 is 28.5mm in diameter!

Once you get past that initial disappointment, you are in for a treat! It's a monster. Let's be fair, no one is going to run it at 350w but it handles any power you want to put through it effortlessly. I'm running at 55w and since Tuesday I haven't had to charge it once and still indicating 1/4 battery remaining (LG HG2s). The screen only displays 2 battery meters but the discharge seems identical between the 2 meters (Something the Alien never did) so really no need for 4 indicators. The screen is fantastic, clear, clutter free and feels very tough. Menu interface is typical Smok so easy to navigate with everything you need. The fire bar is solid and requires a bit of gentle force to get it to fire but for me I like that, prevents accidental firing and feels really well put together, no rattles and creaks. With batteries in place the battery door is firmly locked, though does make it a little tough to open. It is no taller than an Alien and only a few centimetres wider, impressive given it's a quad mod. It's heavy (obviously) but surprisingly isn't so bad I'm not willing to take it out and about with me. Feels natural in your hand with the firing bar capable of being fired with your fingers or palm given you option to hold it however feels comfortable.

Overall, if you can get past the rather bland and cheap exterior, this is a great mod and will run anything you can throw at it with ease. Feels tough enough to take a hard life, just don't expect the paint to hold up!

CaponeGiaccone

Mar 8, 2016
Hi All,

Not been able to find any reviews on the new Smok GX350 so thought I'd do a little review for anyone who may be considering one. Mine arrived on Tuesday so had a few days to play about with it.

For those who dont know the GX350 is Smok quad 18650 VW TC Mod to go against the RX300 and the iJoy Maxo.

A few little points to start. Batteries need an external charger (unlike Alien). Micro USB included for updates.

First impressions are, I'll be honest, poor. It looks quite dull (I have the Black/Red version). The paint feels thin and cheap, not helped by fact its matt. I can even see the base metal through the paint on the battery door! The plastic carbon inserts are also clearly cheap and in my case, not even stuck down properly. The battery door (when no batteries are inserted) feels like it is ready to fall off. Quite a disappointment given how well built (and rather stylish) my Alien is. Any tank over 25mm will have overhang (a pet hate), odd since the new Smok TFV12 is 28.5mm in diameter!

Once you get past that initial disappointment, you are in for a treat! It's a monster. Let's be fair, no one is going to run it at 350w but it handles any power you want to put through it effortlessly. I'm running at 55w and since Tuesday I haven't had to charge it once and still indicating 1/4 battery remaining (LG HG2s). The screen only displays 2 battery meters but the discharge seems identical between the 2 meters (Something the Alien never did) so really no need for 4 indicators. The screen is fantastic, clear, clutter free and feels very tough. Menu interface is typical Smok so easy to navigate with everything you need. The fire bar is solid and requires a bit of gentle force to get it to fire but for me I like that, prevents accidental firing and feels really well put together, no rattles and creaks. With batteries in place the battery door is firmly locked, though does make it a little tough to open. It is no taller than an Alien and only a few centimetres wider, impressive given it's a quad mod. It's heavy (obviously) but surprisingly isn't so bad I'm not willing to take it out and about with me. Feels natural in your hand with the firing bar capable of being fired with your fingers or palm given you option to hold it however feels comfortable.

Overall, if you can get past the rather bland and cheap exterior, this is a great mod and will run anything you can throw at it with ease. Feels tough enough to take a hard life, just don't expect the paint to hold up!
I have a hunch that most people are going to share many of your thoughts on the mod and prefer the RX300 or Ijoy Maxi instead. I have a broken Koopor Primus 300 but there are better, however very few, choices this week on the market. The 300W/quad 18650 box mod is going to remain a niche in the mod game and there won't likely be more than one of these devices per the usual common manufacturers of decent mods, if any at all. So I've used the RX300 all evening Sunday, and it's not anything like the RX200. No disappointments, no problems! just more power and battery life!

spencer___ss

Apr 18, 2017
Hi All, dose anybody know how to take the gx350 apart I got the batteries stuck I got the front one out but that's all

Not been able to find any reviews on the new Smok GX350 so thought I'd do a little review for anyone who may be considering one. Mine arrived on Tuesday so had a few days to play about with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread