Smok Q2 0.4 coil question

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoTCoFFe

Oct 21, 2016
Hi,

Everyone i am very new to vaping and recently i just purchase smok osub 80w tc kit which comes with Q2 0.4 coil so i have some confusions and questions:

What is this coil type is is this SS or? I try to use this under wattage mode and the recommend wattage they mention on this is between 40-80 but even when i try to run this on 40 the juice start to kind like boiling and hot so i am not able to vape at this instead i vape this at around 33 watts, So i want to know if this is normal? I use 50/50 juice.

Other question is if i can use this coil in Temp mode?

And last question is i want a cool vape with many clouds and less spitback and other issues so other then the tank comes with this what other high quality tank i can buy which will work best with this mode.

Thanks in advance :)

Grego25

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
I was just watching a YouTube video about that kit. Seems like a good choice. That might be too thin of a juice. I use 70/30 or higher. All my tanks run .25 to .5 & 40-70 watts. Typically tanks gurgle when the power is too low. The hot part does contradict that though. Where do you have the air flow set? It can feel hotter with it closed. I would try 50 with the air wide open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoTCoFFe

Oct 21, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Duplicate post

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi,
Everyone i am very new to vaping and recently i just purchase smok osub 80w tc kit which comes with Q2 0.4 coil so i have some confusions and questions:
What is this coil type is is this SS or? I try to use this under wattage mode and the recommend wattage they mention on this is between 40-80 but even when i try to run this on 40 the juice start to kind like boiling and hot so i am not able to vape at this instead i vape this at around 33 watts, So i want to know if this is normal? I use 50/50 juice.
Other question is if i can use this coil in Temp mode?
And last question is i want a cool vape with many clouds and less spitback and other issues so other then the tank comes with this what other high quality tank i can buy which will work best with this mode.
Thanks in advance :)
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might want to do non sub-ohm first (Over 1 ohms, pretty much uses the same equipment, the coil/wick is built different). You will get great flavor but the cloud production is not as intense as you can produce with sub ohm'g.
Could look into the pros and cons of sub ohm'g vs non sub ohm'g before you decide which way you want to go. Some folks jump right into sub ohm'g without looking at the hidden ramifications.Successful sub ohm'rs tend to know the ins and outs of vaping. That's why sub ohm'g is tagged as advanced vaping.
Might like to read:
Vaping 101: A Guide to Vaping - Best Vape Deals - Cheap Vape Mods, Tanks & eJuice | Vaping Cheap
All About Sub-Ohm Vaping - The Perks and the Problems
What is Sub Ohm Vaping? Our Sub Ohm Vaping Guide & Tips
ECF Sub-Ohm Advisory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread