Smok Quantum won't turn on after bluetooth firmware update

Status
Not open for further replies.

vonpire

Jun 22, 2016
I bought a smok Quantum the other day and after using it for a few days without any issues I decided to use the bluetooth feature using the smok app to update the devices firmware. After waiting for the data transfer to finish, it said it was completed and the device will automatically reboot, now 4 hours later it hasn't rebooted and will no longer turn on. The battery is charged and the mod will still connect to my phone via bluetooth but there is no display and the mod will not work at all.

Stolmi

Jun 22, 2016
I bought a Smok Quantum the other day and after using it for a few days without any issues I decided to use the bluetooth feature using the Smok app to update the devices firmware. After waiting for the data transfer to finish, it said it was completed and the device will automatically reboot, now 4 hours later it hasn't rebooted and will no longer turn on. The battery is charged and the mod will still connect to my phone via bluetooth but there is no display and the mod will not work at all.
I bought a Smok Quantum the other day and after using it for a few days without any issues I decided to use the bluetooth feature using the Smok app to update the devices firmware. After waiting for the data transfer to finish, it said it was completed and the device will automatically reboot, now 4 hours later it hasn't rebooted and will no longer turn on. The battery is charged and the mod will still connect to my phone via bluetooth but there is no display and the mod will not work at all.
Any fix I'm having the same issue

DebiK

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Georgia
I just saw this mod today and was very interested in it. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has had or not had the updating problem. The bluetooth was a very strong selling point for me, so if it doesn't work... uggh.

It would be good to know if others have used the cable to update it and if they failed or succeeded.

DebiK

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Georgia
I watched DJLsb Vapes' video on the Quantum. He says not to touch the device nor the app during updates or rebooting or "you might break the device."13:12 on the video.
@Mike Sisco @Stolmi @vonpire Did you get your devices working? Did you close the app window or mess with the device? I'm seriously thinking of getting the Quantum, but would like to know that I would not be wasting money.

Mike Sisco

Dec 14, 2015
I watched DJLsb Vapes' video on the Quantum. He says not to touch the device nor the app during updates or rebooting or "you might break the device."13:12 on the video.
@Mike Sisco @Stolmi @vonpire Did you get your devices working? Did you close the app window or mess with the device? I'm seriously thinking of getting the Quantum, but would like to know that I would not be wasting money.

If I were you, I'd wait. I generally like SMOK prodcts, but I think they screwed this one up. They will probably release an update soon. Until then, don't waste your money.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Here is a link to the upgrade guide which shows the option for USB or OTA. I was doing some reading to see if I could help you turn these bricks back into functional devices and read about manual disconnecting after update and not extracting the Zip file into a Hex causing issues. Good Luck people!

Quantum - SMOK® Being with you for all great vaping time!

2016-05-10-14_45_370351.jpg

BK_Malik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I agree. I don't think SMOK has released the wired version of the update, though ... at least I can't find it.
I can't either, when I try the usb option the next page is blank (Android phone). Can't use the OTA either becaue the confirm upload link is greyed out.

paludicola

Jul 5, 2016
Any updates? If you guys found a fix pleaaaaase tell me.
The same thing happened to mean the same day i received it. I did the update, i did 15 minutes of waiting but i think it's dead. I tried to turn it on but it doesn't work. I'm glad my warranty isn't run out but i don't want to wait longer for it....
EDIT: somehow i can still connect via bluetooth to the box but the update doesn't work, neither the pc update feature...

Last edited:
Yet another example of why I DON'T "upgrade" my mods, computer, laptop, tablet ... (barring and not including the forced "upgrades" from Microsoft, of course. And yes, those can be defective, too. I had to do a system restore once because the "upgrade" was contaminated/defective, making my laptop unuseable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread