Smok Quantum won't turn on after bluetooth firmware update

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonSG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Have downloaded from smok's website and followed instructions here. Upgrade showed pass but still does not turn on.
Also, Dataflash keep saying 'File size too big!'. APROM passed though. Help will be appreciated.

Update: Works (for now) after several tries at 'Erase All' then change to APROM and update. This is tiring.

Last edited:

John Vezirian

Sep 27, 2016
Tagging onto this thread... I purchased one of these also, but my issue is not from updating but mine appears to be bricked also. I received mine and took from the box, inserted a nice new fully charged EFEST and installed a Aspire EVO with a .4ohm coil on this. Hit the fire button five times and it turned on, it read the coil, wattage, voltage, hit the fire button, and it fired, hit again, on the third use, I got the SOMK logo like it rebooted, no error warning like shorted, low battery, or shorted, you know the usual things. It came up showed the data as before, hit again and it did it again. it did this 4 times, and now nothing, it will not even power on at least that I can tell, getting ready to send in for warranty repair, but thought I would check here to see if anyone else had this happen.......?

Joshua225

Oct 23, 2016
You will get no help from SMOK... I tried the downloads, all the fixes... If you are in the U.S. just send it to MadVapes, they handle all the warranty issues for the U.S. Only problem, I sent mine in and they just sent me back a R-Steam 80W Mod, they did not send me back a new or repaired Quantum....
Thanks for the reply. I am in the Uk, so I'm not quite sure who I would be sending it to.

John Vezirian

Sep 27, 2016
I think if you go to their website, look at warranty info, there was a place to put in your location and they have a RMA form.... But I know it is frustrating as SMOK is totally non responsive. I have to call MadVapes about mine, I did not really want the R Steam, honestly not really happy with a lot of their mods.. I have bought several different ones.. XPro M80, hell did not last a year, replaced it twice, same issues, thing would work fine then you could not shut it off, It would power off, then turn back on by itself...Have had a few Xpro M65's, lucky they last 6 months, hell I had one catch fire, it fired and would not shut off, no time to unscrew it get battery out, I got the tank off then too hot to handle, tossed out the front door, it went up in flames on the front lawn, scary as hell. I have had good luck with the Cube Mini's though and the H-PRIV series. I liked the Quantum, might give another one a try...

Joshua225

Oct 23, 2016
I think if you go to their website, look at warranty info, there was a place to put in your location and they have a RMA form.... But I know it is frustrating as SMOK is totally non responsive. I have to call MadVapes about mine, I did not really want the R Steam, honestly not really happy with a lot of their mods.. I have bought several different ones.. XPro M80, hell did not last a year, replaced it twice, same issues, thing would work fine then you could not shut it off, It would power off, then turn back on by itself...Have had a few Xpro M65's, lucky they last 6 months, hell I had one catch fire, it fired and would not shut off, no time to unscrew it get battery out, I got the tank off then too hot to handle, tossed out the front door, it went up in flames on the front lawn, scary as hell. I have had good luck with the Cube Mini's though and the H-PRIV series. I liked the Quantum, might give another one a try...
Alright, thanks man. I'll give that a go. I bought my mod from ukecig, and the warranty card that was in the box was not filled in- hopefully this doesn't cause any issues.
I'll let you know how it goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread