Smok Spirals Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
I got it, i get a satisfying MTL with the 0.6 ohm coil, and above average DL with the 0.3 with air all open.

I only got the 2ml, as a store had one gold one left in the 22mm for 10 bucks, which is why i thought why the heck not and tried it. It's ok.. The brit mini has already been discontinued, and that was a slightly better *MTL* tank. I feel very lucky i got 2 of those these past few months! DL is on par with BM and Spirals.

Already very hard to find Bm coils locally. Smok has to stop this coil craze and start offering adapters maybe. Eleaf did that with the MELO3 and GS air, you can actually vape a fantastic MTL in a melo 3, 4ml version too, using the 0.75 ohm MTL gs air coil in the tiny adapter. 17-20 watts, great vape.

I want to hack the casing and see if i can get one of the MTL gs air temp coils in it to replace the 0.75, to see if i can use the melo for MTL temp.. sorry for veering off a bit, but this coil craze with smok, where they change them like pioneer 4 u change their mods, can be annoying.

Ultimate is aspire. Rocking 0.7 ohm naut 2 coil in 2 year old silo tank, works perfect!

Anyway, spirals is a good tank and looks really pretty IMO.. i don't have a single rainbow coloured tank at all, so if i can find a 24.5mm 4ml version in the rainbow in stock, i will grab that...

What i would love to know, does the 4ml 24.5mm version use the exact same coils as the 2ml version i already have? That would at least be a good thing!

Cheers

Lavaca5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm using a longer, smaller bore drip tip, too. I might mix up some lower octane juice and give the .3 a try. I could probably get used to a restricted DL - which would make life easier all the way around - but not at my usual 18mg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: drysprocket

Lavaca5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I got it, i get a satisfying MTL with the 0.6 ohm coil, and above average DL with the 0.3 with air all open.

I only got the 2ml, as a store had one gold one left in the 22mm for 10 bucks, which is why i thought why the heck not and tried it. It's ok.. The brit mini has already been discontinued, and that was a slightly better *MTL* tank. I feel very lucky i got 2 of those these past few months! DL is on par with BM and Spirals.

Already very hard to find Bm coils locally. Smok has to stop this coil craze and start offering adapters maybe. Eleaf did that with the MELO3 and GS air, you can actually vape a fantastic MTL in a melo 3, 4ml version too, using the 0.75 ohm MTL gs air coil in the tiny adapter. 17-20 watts, great vape.

I want to hack the casing and see if i can get one of the MTL gs air temp coils in it to replace the 0.75, to see if i can use the melo for MTL temp.. sorry for veering off a bit, but this coil craze with smok, where they change them like pioneer 4 u change their mods, can be annoying.

Ultimate is aspire. Rocking 0.7 ohm naut 2 coil in 2 year old silo tank, works perfect!

Anyway, spirals is a good tank and looks really pretty IMO.. i don't have a single rainbow coloured tank at all, so if i can find a 24.5mm 4ml version in the rainbow in stock, i will grab that...

What i would love to know, does the 4ml 24.5mm version use the exact same coils as the 2ml version i already have? That would at least be a good thing!

Cheers

I agree about Smok and their coil ADD. I really wanted the Brit when I got the Spiral, but I could never find any replacement coils for it. To their credit, though, the Spiral Plus does use the same coil as the regular

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Vesh

nick779

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh
I actually really like both coils. The.6 is a versatile mtl / light dl coil. The.3 is a pretty nice dl coil.
I've found for normal 30/70 27w is good on the.6 and 38 is nice on the.3. Max vg though needs a few more watts though.

This is all using a cool down style curve with a 135% preheat.

I will say though that ive had a few leaks with the tank. The.6 will leak with enough air restriction/vacuum which I think is just my fault. The.3 dumped half a tank when I first filled it and left it for an hour. Haven't had much more time with the.3 though as I've been vaping my other two spirals tanks.
Still though, I love it enough to buy 3 of them for easy flavor switching.

mj79

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
mn
Yea... Not Smok quality IMO, But I went to twist the air opening to check it out, and unlike most other mods, ( the air ring piece that you actually turn ) can come right off.. As well as it doesnt line up properly with the air holes on the base..

I'll take a pic so you know what I'm talking about

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Ya, a bit of a pain for me and the ring too when taking apart. But once together, it doesn't bother me.

I'm actually coming around a bit on this tank. If it wasn't for the mild flooding on the .6 coil, this would probably be my number one sub tank. Really great flavor, and these coils really do last a good long while.

iVape524

Verified Member
Jan 26, 2017
My setup for the work day RX Mini with a spirals tank at 35 watts. Easy on juice consumption and perfect at 35 watts

Attachments

• IMG_1142.JPG
    IMG_1142.JPG
    986.7 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1143.JPG
    IMG_1143.JPG
    783.9 KB · Views: 77

mj79

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
mn
My setup for the work day RX Mini with a spirals tank at 35 watts. Easy on juice consumption and perfect at 35 watts

What coil do you like?

I tried the .6 first as it was said to have better flavor. But is a little tooooooo restricted for me. Easily able to DL , but I'd like something a little more open.. haven't. Tried the .3 yet

iVape524

Verified Member
Jan 26, 2017
I have been using this tank for about 4-5 weeks. I tried the 0.6 ohm coil and wasn't a fan. The 0.3 ohm coil is my favorite in the regular and plus model. I have both and like them quite a lot. I love the setup with the regular spirals on the RX mini. I'll be wicking up the rba section tomorrow so I'll report back with how I like that!

gf7800

Mar 16, 2015
Unboxed .. wicked up the RBA head right away it measured ~.6 hooked it on my Evic Vtwo mini , fired @20w ; and man.. the flavour is a killer I really love it and I think the pre-built .3 and .6 won't leaving the box any time soon haha.
But the only con for me is whenever I reduce the AFC it whistles like a ....* so I have to leave it wide opened .

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

LilyWai

Nov 6, 2016
Ooo can't wait to try it, have ordered the 4ml Spirals Plus.
I've been looking for a flavour-specific tank since I began vaping & am a bit of a fan of Smok products (quality, reliability and consistency). Just got a nice big order of Milkman liquids too.
Just hope the rba isn't as problematic and limited as some have said...

Reactions: JenJen101

LilyWai

Nov 6, 2016
In love with this tank! Everything I'd hoped for when I begun vaping is here in this rather quirky looking little unit. And an rba to boot. I'm starting to turn into a bit of a Smok fanantic, I know the coils aren't interchangable btween tfv8 etc..and that's a shame but geez, when they make a product they create quality.
Rba tip: any leaking is usually wicking related or you've got a fake. As with all Smok rba's - & I learnt this from the fab expert advice & feedback here - is usually a wicking issue. I've had none since I became more disciplined & practiced wicking techniques.
Happy vaping days, oh yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread