SMOK tank issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

fedup2016

Oct 26, 2016
Hey all, I am having issues and need some help. Yesterday, my tank was just sitting on my desk. When I got home, I noticed all the liquid dripped out every where. I cleaned it all up, filled tank again and noticed it was black inside the mouth piece. I cleaned it all out, looked charred, which was bizarre. Changed atomizer, and it wouldnt work. Finally got it to vape a little. This morning, put in fully charged battery, won't vape. Could something have shorted, or fried, or what the heck is wrong with this freakin thing.

HELP, I have done everything I know and am wasting a ton of liquid refilling it only to have to dump it to take the tank apart over and over

gotch23

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Fukuoka, Japan
Hi fedup2016,

What tank and mod is it exactly?
So you already cleaned out your tank and changed the coil (you wrote atomizer?). Good. That's what i would have tried first as well.
I would try to put another tank on that mod, see if it works at all. It might be toast though...
Could it be that it fired for a prolonged period, while having it in your pocket eg?

fedup2016

Oct 26, 2016
Hi fedup2016,

What tank and mod is it exactly?
So you already cleaned out your tank and changed the coil (you wrote atomizer?). Good. That's what i would have tried first as well.
I would try to put another tank on that mod, see if it works at all. It might be toast though...
Could it be that it fired for a prolonged period, while having it in your pocket eg?

fedup2016

Oct 26, 2016
When I took it all apart last night after it happened, it was charred inside. I actually took the coil and set it in hot water and black specs came out of it. Obviously I tossed it. But even with cleaned out tank, brand new coil, all wiped down, it isn't working. It's like its not getting power, charge, whatever you call it. I puff on it and nothing. Then, I tried again and got a tiny vape and now nothing again.

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
it sounds like your tank leaked into the mod while you were away and autofired till it quit. I'm a little paranoid about these things mind you... but I honestly would toss it.

when storing tank mods for hours like over night or a day at work.. flip upsidedown and turn off. for a rda type I would turn off and remove the atty.

Reactions: gotch23

gotch23

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Fukuoka, Japan
yeah... like chellaigh said, i believe that is what happened. It somehow autofired, kept firing till battery was dead,
in the process burning up the wick, resulting in leaks.
I think the chip might have a defect, maybe that was what caused it, maybe it was the button that got stuck.
I mean, you could try changing the battery, see if it that helps... but careful and observe closely.
But in my estimation your mod is faulty, sounds dangerous as well, if it just autofired somehow. At best contact the shop where you bought it. Is there still warranty on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread