Smok Tech ACE Now Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowedude654

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Hi Ray. I responded to your comments on YouTube but I'll reply here too. You can use these: Circuit Board Spacer. Put that into your connection and you won't have to worry about prying up the pin. And as far as I know, the "low load" message means that there is a short in your coil. On the SID in particular, if the actual mod has shorted out somewhere, it will read "Short" on the screen. I'm not sure how much you've fiddled with the mod already, but try changing your coil or tank on the SID before you give up on it completely. =D

Crowedude654

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I find it a little odd that this isn't on the official Smoktech website.

The aluminum version wasn't on par with the quality we expected after longer-term use, so we asked them to discontinue it. The Stainless Steel version is still available though. And not everything available is on their public website.

vdrummer

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Jersey
I just got the Ace since my eVic failed epically on a drop test. Nice unit. Feels more sturdy than the eVic. It doesn't have all the ells and whistles like the eVic. The one thing I will miss is the US port. Nice to just having to carry a micro-USB cable so yuo could just plug into any available USB port to charge. It is about a half inch longer than the eVic overall. The one question I have is when checking the battery level it shows only the battery voltage. Is there a way to change it to show the relative battery level in percentage?

Also mine came with a 18350 short tube.

Last edited:

Sardonic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The aluminum version wasn't on par with the quality we expected after longer-term use, so we asked them to discontinue it. The Stainless Steel version is still available though. And not everything available is on their public website.

Can you clarify this? The aluminum version is on the madvapes site, so if the quality isn't on par, what does this mean for that one? I'm finding very little info anywhere on the Ace and for 50 bucks, I'd like a little assurance of a working device.

Crowedude654

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Can you clarify this? The aluminum version is on the madvapes site, so if the quality isn't on par, what does this mean for that one? I'm finding very little info anywhere on the Ace and for 50 bucks, I'd like a little assurance of a working device.

The pin on the bottom of the switch would get pushed up over time, especially with button-top batteries, and would eventually short out the board. They've since fixed the issue, but I'd still recommend using flat-top batteries only.

Sardonic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The pin on the bottom of the switch would get pushed up over time, especially with button-top batteries, and would eventually short out the board. They've since fixed the issue, but I'd still recommend using flat-top batteries only.
I only ever use flat top batts in my mods for that exact reason. Seems to me somebody should design a mod with a positive stop and protection for the circuit board that won't allow a battery to just squeeze itself up in there and move stuff around. Pipe dream in the $60 mod market but I measure everything before screwing it down, and never force it farther than it goes naturally. (insert sexual innuendo here).

ClasslessKing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sorry if I'm digging up some old threads here, I know a lot of people just absolutely abhor that stuff.

I bought one of these at a B&M store and so far, it's been working quite well for me. The only issues I've had thus far are this:

The spring on the battery bottom came off and they just replaced the battery bottom for me, no charge.

The glass in the front screen came out and they sent it in for repair and gave me a loaner. They have someone in house I beleive that does repairs and he has a pretty good success rate from what they tell me. I'll leave it to when I get it back to see.

Other then that, it vapes like a champ for what I paid for it, and I haven't had any issues with buttons or anything else. Yes, the firing button is off-center and that will KILL some people with problems with perfections, but what the hey, I like it and the tanks that I bought for it match it perfectly (What can I say, I'm a sucker for looks).

If you can pick one of these up on the cheap, go for it. IT's a nice mod and it works well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread