France
This weeks review is the Smok TF-RDTA atomiser

Hope you all enjoy it.

MG_2520.jpg

lamensterms

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2012
Australia
It looks good, but could be better if the base of the build deck was more like the Aromamizer. As it stands... I can't see any way to run dual vertical coils (the wick has to be fed into two juice flow holes either side of the posts). It just seems a little limiting on the build versatility. I came close to ordering one the other day, but cancelled when I realised this.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I got one. Not a bad rdta for the cost. That being said I was a little disappointed with the airflow. Compared to my Boreas anyway. Would probably work well for the mtl crowd. I found if you back the base off a little so that 2 of the airflow line up on the coils it's better. I'll use it more before I pass final judgement.;)

TimboZero

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2014
France
Hi Hightech Redneck, thank you for the feedback.
Can't say that I really agree with your airflow comment. Granted it wouldn't be for the cloud chasing dripper type of vaper, but with 4 airflow holes (each 2mm by 6.5mm) it has plenty of airflow to lung hit from it.
Perhaps, like me, you want a really open deck or maybe your build is choking the air holes a little ?

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
Many of the other rdta (boreas, supreme etc...) do have more airflow if you want to cloud chase or whatever was what I meant.
If I do not turn the base to get the airflow right on the coils it's is a tight draw. In my head the cotton being right in front of the holes restricts it too much. But as stated it is just my opinion. Kind of wish they had put a tooth or similar on the deck to make sure the coil lines up with the airflow. This is what they did on the boreas. When the air hits the coil directly as a dripper would the flavor is improved.
Have you turned your base so the airflow hits the coil directly to see the difference I'm referring to.

TimboZero

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2014
France
I absolutely agree with you there Hightech Redneck, an alignment pin of some sort would be a damned good addition to the design.
The wicks (especially if they are 'fat') can easily choke the airflow and need to be kept away from the air holes. I try to align mine so that the two 'active' ones (on a G2 deck) are next to the coils, which leaves the two 'passive' ones (only really there to allow for the G4 deck) aligned with the screw posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread