Smok TFV12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaroon

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2017
You also have that triple coil deck included? I did come across some info and reviews that the silicone(!!) insulators on it have melted after usage. This severe issue did hold me back on buying the RBA version. Most of the shops who will sell this setup are not able to inform me whether they send out these faulty decks, cannot inform me whether they will get revised ones,.. Not using PEEK insulators is just plain stupid

Guess I'll wait for reviews that will pour in once the item is being used by the masses.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
Ordered the RBA version last night,anyone have that or the clearamizer version?
The RBA version comes with both RBA decks which is why I got that one. Does anyone have either version yet? Give some input on how either performs. Thanks for help.
d0ec089e0bcffe0e11252358ed9cb925.jpg
I've had my TFV12 clearomizer for a while now.
My sweetspot is around 140-150w seen here on my RX300..
Not too hot and clouds are massive but it does tend to use more juice than my TFV8...love it!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
You also have that triple coil deck included? I did come across some info and reviews that the silicone(!!) insulators on it have melted after usage. This severe issue did hold me back on buying the RBA version. Most of the shops who will sell this setup are not able to inform me whether they send out these faulty decks, cannot inform me whether they will get revised ones,.. Not using PEEK insulators is just plain stupid

Guess I'll wait for reviews that will pour in once the item is being used by the masses.
Thanks for that info. I sure hope it is not a bad version because getting RMA thru FT is a hassle.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
d0ec089e0bcffe0e11252358ed9cb925.jpg
I've had my TFV12 clearomizer for a while now.
My sweetspot is around 140-150w seen here on my RX300..
Not too hot and clouds are massive but it does tend to use more juice than my TFV8...love it!

Thanks that set up looks sexy as hell.

Reactions: smacksy

Yaroon

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2017
Thanks for that info. I sure hope it is not a bad version because getting RMA thru FT is a hassle.

I know all about that pain

If you see The Vaping Bogan's review about tfv12 on YouTube, the issue is mentioned at around 16minute mark. These insulators just melt like candle wax around the entrance of where the legs of the coil go down.
The problem is discussed in the comment section of the TFv12 on FT as well

There's still a velocity styled RBA deck, but personally I like making use of more coils whenever possible. If this issue didn't existed I would have preordered it by now as well.

dyanaprajna

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2017
Indiana
I have two Cloud Beasts and a Baby Beast for my 220 Alien and GX350. I almost got the King for the GX350, but held off and got another Cloud Beast instead, because, while Smok products are top of the line, when they first introduce a new product, it seems like they're fraught with issues until there's enough complaints about them to fix them. So I'm holding off getting the King for now, until all the bugs have been worked out.

Yaroon

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2017
I've had mine for about 3 weeks. really enjoying it. didn't work well with my.

Oh crap...
I've been using rx200 for more than a year and no issues
I've recently started using rx300 and no issues so far on several tanks... Perhaps my 300 can handle the tfv12 the same proper way

Yea I watched his video but I was hoping it was just him getting a bad QC device. But it sounds like this is not the case.

There were 3 more links to video reviews posted in the comment section on Fasttech, all in Russian language but clearly with the same melting issue...
It amazes me that there is no single comment or statement released so far by Smok or the retailers selling Smok devices as the tfv12 is somewhat the flagship of Smok their tanks... I asked a few Chinese based shops who have this deck on their site but all they say is:"we don't have the item yet, we do not know about this issue"

As a chainvaper I rely on these RBA decks as I don't want to keep on buying these high priced coils continuously...

Last edited:

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Oh crap...
I've been using rx200 for more than a year and no issues
I've recently started using rx300 and no issues so far on several tanks... Perhaps my 300 can handle the tfv12 the same proper way
It's pretty poorly designed I'm not suprised if it works for a little bit but eventuall it won't and thats if your lucky. i can still make mine work but the 510 on this RX300 is poorly designed and the mod itself is a brick.

Yaroon

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2017
It's pretty poorly designed I'm not suprised if it works for a little bit but eventuall it won't and thats if your lucky. i can still make mine work but the 510 on this RX300 is poorly designed and the mod itself is a brick.

It surely is massive, but I can still touch my thumb with my middle finger when holding it. Big hands do help a bit ;)
The black carbon is a beauty though. If only that 510 was bit more centered. Other than that no complains.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anthony_Vapes

Yaroon

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2017
@Yaroon is that an RX200 or an RX200S? The RX200S has been my daily driver for over a year and no issues with the 510 contrary to reviews.

I never had a 200s. I was about to buy one but then the 300 got released

RX200 : not a single issue in over a year
I started with a reuleaux DNA200 and apart from having cracks in the battery cover inside (where the + and - symbols are) also no issue

Reactions: Anthony_Vapes

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I have 2 RX200's and they work just fine they are about 4-5 months old but working .
The 510 on each though s questionable and I am still waiting for the day I get the dreaded atomizer short message on screen. I do not know why (some) mod makers want to cut corners with the 510 and use as cheap of one they can to keep cost down. But come on,you can cut somewhere else 510 connectors are not that expensive?

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
b7e5b0b943f0fe9a3d325370de4bd6eb.jpg
speaking of 510's I really like this one on my RX300. It's stainless and a vast Improvement over my older rx200 and 200s mods, :)

it's not. have you taken it apart and seen what it really looks like? it's a piss poor design that's clearly made to fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread