SMOK TFV4 game changer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthonyiro

Mar 24, 2015
Michigan USA
I'd say no to game changer. It's a tank that has an RBA deck, Top Fill, and tricoil or quad coil capability. Not the first tank to the have that with the exception of quad coil. It's a great tank, I have one, but I wouldn't say game changer. Not exactly innovation with it, nothing really new was provided with it, but again I do enjoy using the tank.

the horizon tech scion had a quad coil...it was ....ty but it was a quad coil :)
Horizon Scion Quad Coil 0.8 Ohms AirFlow Pyrex Tank

Reactions: Hans Wermhat

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
I have one Tank that will run through 20+ml in a day and only uses a Single coil build. :D
Me too. It's a Kayfun Lite. :lol: But seriously... Why does everybody have to insist that their way is better? If there was only one right way to vape, there would only be one mod and one tank.

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
Is this the tank that will start a movement of cloud chasing tanks? I'm talking like RDA sub ohming. What are your guy's opinions?
i have tried the freemax starre v2
i have watched countless reviews of the crown and freemax
MOST people rate them equal and usually freemax edges the crown a bit

now the tfv4, is it a GAME CHANGER? yes

why?

why its good:
a. 11 different coil configurations: u got dual coil, triple coil, quad coil, sextuple coil, ni200, titanium, single coil rba, dual coil rba, vertical coil rba, and cetera
coil prices are around the same as other newer tanks, some coils are a little more expensive, by going from 22mm to 24.5mm they were able to increase the size of the coils BIG TIME, the coils dwarfs any coils you have come across
b. crazy airflow
c. the mouth piece is innovative as well, it is layered so you dont burn your mouth vaping at high wattages and the afc works well... kind of get a cool air +warm/hot mixture at high wattages
d. the top fill design is by far the best designed

cons
a. the tank can get scorching hot from chain vaping, happens with my freemax too, EVEN with the ni200 coils set at 380 degrees, so its not really a con... tanks will get hot
b. they didn't give you extra set or two of the o-rings as they are the main reason this tank even leaks
c. it is a little heavy, but i got used to it

this is almost the perfect tank at the perfect size, this is the subohm tank of all subohm tanks, nothing can compare to it at the moment, but if you are happy with your freemax or crown at 40-50 watts, there is no reason to go to this tank, this tank shines at 50-140w, the flavor that you get at higher wattages is very good

Reactions: BigGOOSE

tony7432

Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
Sydney nsw australia
Buddy, I been vaping for years....I can build out anything you can and probally better tbh so dont imply I cant. I get paid to build so obviously I am half way good. Anyways. Enjoy your tanks.
no need for this attitude here boss, we are all for the same reason and we have enough issues with the government trying to tell us what is right and wrong for us and watching over us like that mental step brother who has nothing but bad intentions to the new child in the family..if your that good than thats great im happy for you..but rather than being cocky about it how about you make a few vids or tutorials and show us what it is that you do that makes your builds so good and im sure alot of us will learn alot from you and be happy that your part of our forum and in turn we can pay it forward by helping others the way i hope you decide to help us. not saying others need help..but i speak for myself and im always willing to learn something new.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
I been vaping the TFV4 for a week now and I can say I love it. I have drippers and subtanks and a bunch of other vape gear and the TVF4 does take vaping to a new level in my opinion.It does guzzle the juice so you best learn how to DIY if your going to use this atty but its well worth it. A velocity RDA with a quad coil vaped at 200 watts might have a more intense flavor but that doesnt mean it has a better flavor. I prefer the TFV4 over any of my drippers no matter how they are set up.

Reactions: Romano Cheese

tony7432

Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
Sydney nsw australia
Besides the stupidly way oversize coil-heads , what does it have that no other tank ever had before?
i dont think any other tank allows you to vape all day over 100 watts due to the coil heads..it basically gives cloud chasers the clouds they always wanted but for their own reasons did not want to build their own coils and use rda's..i understand not many people like to vape that high but allows you to do so if thats your thing. but at the same time for someone to argue oh come on why do you need more than 50 watts or 80 watts i can get the same vape at only 30 watts than we can also argue well why do we need these newer box mods coming out at 100 watts, 150, 165, 200, and even 250 watts..lol with all these powerful box mods it was only a matter of time before someone made a tank that can make use of that power

BigGOOSE

Verified Member
Jul 6, 2015
Besides the stupidly way oversize coil-heads , what does it have that no other tank ever had before?
This has been answered a few times within the thread. Ignore the epeen war but somewhere between page 1 and page 2 you have your answers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dcfluegel

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
No...the Crown is more like a dripper as is the Herakles. I dont use tanks, period BUT that Smok tank is for sure way over rated. Try a Uwell Crown and take the clearo off your mod and put a Crown on it lol.
may want to try it before you dis it - it's an exceptional tank - and I use both tanks and some pretty nice drippers (with decent coil builds)... of course your mileage may vary, but it would be a shame to let bias blind you to opportunities :)

Reactions: chopdoc

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Me too. It's a Kayfun Lite. :lol: But seriously... Why does everybody have to insist that their way is better? If there was only one right way to vape, there would only be one mod and one tank.

Tried to Explain that, but we are obviously in the Presence of a Mod God:facepalm:

Guess it is pointless to explain the KS Tank is a Dripper surrounded by a BIG reservoir(Tank) and You Drip by opening the Juice control.:ohmy:
Small Chamber
Adjustable Air Flow
Direct to coil bottom Air Feed

Experts know everything about one thing.......
The rest of us take the time to learn:D

First Mod my son bought was Set up by a Reputable B&M.
He showed it to me and I Ripped the Crap out and rebuilt it right.
He was amazed at the difference in performance.
Good enough for me.:banana:

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    "Game changer"? I don't know however:
    • dual coil swappable RBA section - who else has this feature?
    • don't like dual coils - there's a single coil swappable RBA section (who else has both?)
    • slide to the side top fill - anyone else? Anyone?
    • prebuilt coil options - anyone else with as many? Anyone?
    I have a Black one (along with 2x single and dual RBA's) on order. It might not be a "game changer" however it might work out to be a decent tank for my needs.

Reactions: So_Heaven

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Over the years I've seem a lot of "game changers" come & go. Nothing is a game changer until AFTER it has remained relevant for at least a year.
    The Screwdriver was a game changer, the Provari was a game changer. There are a bazillion different RBAs, RDAs, RTAs, none of which have been a game changer because they will be overshadowed by something new in less than a month. There are more great RDAs & RTAs out there than you can count.

Last edited:

FinchX

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 22, 2012
    Texas
    I've been vaping for a long time as well, and I've been a member of this site since about 2 years after I started...

I mostly stick to these subohm tanks because work makes dripping difficult. I haven't tried the TFV4 but honestly I don't see it pulling SIGNIFICANTLY more juice than my Crown tank does with the 0.25 coil in it.

I like the Crown tank, but honestly I can't vape it at more than 86 watts without getting the occasional dry burn hit (and before anyone tries telling me I'm doing something wrong, this has been tested with multiple liquids from multiple vendors, all of which are higher in PG, tried changing coils, and tested on my IPV 3Li, Sigelei 100plus, and my SnowWolf 200W)... I have to keep the 0.25s around 78 watts and pull hard and fast to avoid it.

Before this I was using several VCT Pro tanks from Smok and they worked really well though build quality was severely lacking. So I'll be trying out the TFV4. So that's just something I wanted to mention in regards to the actual topic here. The Crown is good, but I'm definitely going to be trying the new Smok...

I don't know who this RDA freak is, but sir, not all of us can use an RDA all day long, and I build just fine on the few I have and use around the house. I can honestly say these newer subohm clearos are getting pretty close to the RDA level, and if you're going to argue that tooth and nail, you're one of those pretentious vapesters who think everything you do is best and your opinions are the equivalent of the placebo effect if there's THAT much of a difference in your mind. Are they as good? No.. but is there as big a difference as you claim? No.

Also, just a side note, I've been listening to advice from crxess and several others for a long time on here, and reading some know it all disrespect and challenge their claims? Laughable to say the least... go hang out at your local B&M and show off your "amazing" coils to the local hipsters instead of polluting the forums...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread