Smok TFV4 Sub Ohm Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
Overhang on Sig 150, expected 24.5mm basically a Subtank Plus V2 size. No biggie.
WP_20150801_020.jpg

Last edited:

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
Next up some photos showing the tank and that it is a compression fit tank so the coil screws to base and bottom and top are held together with the threads on top the coil.

The drip tip top does come off separately from the AFV base. It is 2 pieces.

Also a pic showing RBA instructions (not included).

WP_20150801_015.jpg
WP_20150801_006.jpg
WP_20150801_003.jpg
WP_20150801_001.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Rixsta

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
So initial thoughts are..

1. It did not leak the 1st 10 minutes which beats my Starre Pro experience & nothing seems over engineered.
2. Build quality is top notch, no expense spared as far as I can tell
3. Top fill design is effective and as good as Starre Pro & Crown top fill (meaning not hard to do it cleanly) *BUT* being able to push a drip this deep may take the cake.
**I want to add I wish I could get it to slid open without the drip tip being needed. Tugging the tip to open is making the tip wiggle slightly loose each time (a threaded drip tip would solve this on V2?)**
4. It would be sweet if the air slots lined up the coil cotton slots but that would be asking a lot
5. Drip tip, very nice and a super tight fit with double gaskets.
6. Appears that it will be VERY easy to clean
7. Chimney opening is NO LARGER than a Subtank Nano, so that seems a little bit of a choke point and I have to ask why???????? I mean looking down into the drip tip. I expect flavor to be good though
8. Flavor is excellent due to probably the smaller chimney
9. *Updated* The temperature of the larger triple coils is so much more vapable at 100-115 watt range than anything I have tried.

Things I wonder.......
1. How much are coils going to cost? I have a feeling these will be 4 packs for at least $20?
2. How long will coils last with 3 or 4 of them inside and only one giving out destroying the package - These are coils that it is going to hurt tossing in the trash. I see rebuild-able ready made coils housings coming now that I have seen this giant beast coil. Imaging just popping each coil and keeping the housing some way (you heard it here 1st) a pre-made RBA hybrid "ready made".

More to come on performance in just a few....but I am up to 50 watts with nice clouds and an ice cold vape. More than one way to achieve temp control!!!!!!!!!!!

WP_20150801_021.jpg

Last edited:

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Just shooting some thoughts myself

We'll just keep to this thread then as @sd3614 has beat me too it and is doing a dam good job anyway, have you tried the quad coil, it smashes the triple coil to bits for flavour, I won't be using the triple coil after trying the quad, it beats the Starre and Crown for flavour on that coil.
The coils here in the UK are around £19.99 so more expensive but then your getting more coil for your money and as long as they last as long as the Starre and Crown, Ill be happy, I mean I was paying over £8 for 20 smokes, so it's no big deal for me.
Design is top notch, top fill is awesome and the hinge is very nice with a snap shut, I like you get an extra seal for the top too..
Limited air flow from the top but it doesn't matter, there's enough and it doesn't bother me.
I thought the Starre drank juice, try the quad coil and OMG, you really need to DIY juice to use this.....or be loaded lol
This beats the Starre Pro in my opinion, well it beats all that I have tried and I would say this has took the top spot over the Crown, it is such a good tank, really, I am in love with it, no dry hits even at the top end wattage.
The rba is massive and easy to build on, I think people are really going to love the tank just for the rba alone, I don't build much but for those who do, you'll love this..
Threading and over all machine quality, top draw too
I think I have finally found "that" tank I have been searching for, with the quad coils, the triple as I said, in my opinion are below average.
Thanks again to @sd3614 for the pictures..
I'm a happy vaper today !!

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
So I just finished a tank (5ML's) @ 130 watts and it was barely warm with plenty of flavor & as much as Crown if not more. Bravo to the double walled tip keeping my lips cools.

115 (sweet spot) watts on this tank is like 85 watts on the Crown but my lips are cooler. Now I love my Crown, but this tank is a different beast. We officially have a Ferrari of Sub-Ohm tanks, the Crown is just my every day driver Corvette. Despite the small outlet on the Chimney air flow was good but not as airy as I'd expect or had hoped.

Clouds? Yes it can make them very well. I will not say it is "hands down" out chucking my other tanks puff to puff but its rock solid.

I will also let it sit upside down for a bit and nothing seeped out. Tonight I will leave it on its side full and see what happens.

Last edited:

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
Just shooting some thoughts myself

We'll just keep to this thread then as @sd3614 has beat me too it and is doing a dam good job anyway, have you tried the quad coil, it smashes the triple coil to bits for flavour, I won't be using the triple coil after trying the quad, it beats the Starre and Crown for flavour on that coil.

The coils here in the UK are around £19.99 so more expensive
I'm a happy vaper today !!

$19.99 UK for how many coils?

In the U.S. the kits are just shipping with the triple coils right now, but I am curious is the quad coil uses the same diameter coils as the triple - That would be cool, but since I heard power rating only went up 10 watts from triple to quad an assumption was they shrunk the coils. Guess I would need to see them side by side. Right now I feel like I have 3 Starre coils inside and I am pretty pleased.

Yeah so far I have to go in this order based on flavor, ease of use, clouds, value and performance.

1. Smok - They seems to have done everything right, it is scary but not much to pick on here as long as it does not leak over a few days use.
2. Crown - Hands down the #2 tank, but one heck of a tank - $30 with excellent top fill room
3. Starre/Maganus - Original designs AKA Starre and Maganus V2 - $20 each all day long
4. Arctic - Enjoy it and I use the 5ML version so it plays with the big boys

I have used Herkles, Starre Pro, Subtank, Atlantis as far as recent experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rixsta

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Its for a pack of 5, thing is the triple coils are £19.99 and quad are £17.99....but thinking about it, the quad is basically in one line upwards as the triple are, well, not, I'd say the triple cost more to manufacturer so that's probably why.

The quad coils are thinner than the triple, the quad does get hotter though, even at 110w its to hot for me, I vape mine around 92w and its perfect, there is no denying the flavour is better, it's very noticeable !

You will see what I mean when you get some :thumb:

Last edited:

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
Its for a pack of 5, thing is the triple coils are £19.99 and quad are £17.99....but thinking about it, the quad is basically in one line upwards as the triple are, well, not, I'd say the triple cost more to manufacturer so that's probably why.

The quad coils are slightly thinner than the triple, the quad does get hotter than the triple, even at 110w its to hot for me, I vape mine around 92w and its perfect, there is no denying the flavour is better, it's very noticeable !

You will see what I mean when you get some :thumb:

Yes, the triple is very cool and was not really hot @130 just warm. My Crown at 120 is HOT. I can live with $18-25 for a 5 pack. That is good to hear!

Last edited:

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Yes, the triple is very cool. I can live with $18-25 for a 5 pack. That is good to hear!
Yeah, the quad is def a warmer vape but I'll take that for the flavour. I wonder if the triple will last longer having separate cotton for each, where as the quad only has one..

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
This is the first time the wife has really complained about the vapour, she vapes too but the clouds this thing throws out are ridiculous, open the drip tip and I think these are the biggest clouds I've blown, not even my dripper can match this beast. This is def not a beginners tank !!

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
Just did a juice test.

You can fit 4ml of juice in the tank with the triple coil and 5ml with the quad. I also forgot to mention, with the quad coil you get more of an airy draw too, not sure why, but you do.

So can you put up a picture of the quad and triple by side top down? No rush, when time allows by all means.

Did your package come with both triple and Quad? Or you just buy a pack?

Yeah I'm loving the power. Just finished a 3rd tank 120 watts all the way. Very nice!

Last edited:

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
This is all very good to hear. I said I was going to wait for reviews before buying this one, I didn't. I ordered it Friday, should be here Tuesday. Unfortunately, only with the triple coil.

Wait till you hit that Triple at 120+ plus watts if you got the power. You may not being saying "unfortunately" haha. That is what they decided to release in the U.S. for everyone's 1st impression in the kit right? I think 1st impressions will be very good once they start rolling in. Any Sig 150, Snowwolf or IPV3Li owner will be in heaven because you can actually use the power.

You will love it.

I will be on the prowl for coils over the next week.

Last edited:
Reactions: FreeJersey

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
So can you put up a picture of the quad and triple by side top down? No rush, when time allows by all means.

Did your package come with both triple and Quad? Or you just buy a pack?

Yeah I'm loving the power. Just finished a 3rd tank 120 watts all the way. Very nice!
Will do for sure when I'm home, up early this morning fishing...when you have 5 kids ya need a break ha. Mine came with the kit, the triple was in the tank and the quad was in the box on the left, spare glass on the right...

Reactions: sd3614
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread