Smok TFV4 Sub Ohm Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drift Monkey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2014
Texas
I've been vaping on my quad coil for 3 days or so. Probably 5 tankfuls at most. Mostly between 90-100 watts, never going over 110. I disassembled the tank today to do some routine cleaning and noticed that the cotton in the coil is black. I'm using 90vg cereal killa. Was surprised to see the cotton so dark after just a few days and operating it way under it's max specs. Coil still tastes fine, i'm just a little hesitant to keep using it after seeing the condition of the cotton. Anyone else look at their coils? Thoughts?

Mine was pretty black after 2-3 weeks. Rinsed it out with vodka, then hot water. Seemed to do the trick...vaping on it now.

Reactions: ditc

ditc

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Mine was pretty black after 2-3 weeks. Rinsed it out with vodka, then hot water. Seemed to do the trick...vaping on it now.
Drift monkey, after you cleaned it out with vodka and hot water, how long did you let it sit before you started to vape it again? Also, did you attempt to dry burn it to clean the gunk on the coils themselves? I guess i'm just trying to get a better understanding of whether or not the dark color in the cotton is just from warm/burnt juice, or from burnt cotton.

sos2001

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2014
South Carolina
Got a 5 pack of tri-coils in today, along with the dual rba. Mind you that I am almost militant about not buying stock coils and using rba kits. But getting a dripper vape without having to yank off the top cap, and being careful not to over drip after a long day at work, won the day.

Daisychainvaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2015
DDrtpaE.jpg

Family

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
Lol For me it would probably be too much of a hassle, but I might try it just for kicks. I need to grab myself a pack of some replacement coils, gonna call the B&M that I bought my tank from and see if they're carrying the coils and see how overpriced they are. My tank will be 3 weeks old on Sunday, been using the same quad coil the whole time except for about 2 days where I tried the triple. Still tastes pretty damn good at 70-80w.

Reactions: jmercury1

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
I changed my Triple coil today @ 26 days and so many tank fulls I lost count. It was getting just a hint of burnt taste at 100 watts (or maybe I was just imagining it so I could change it). Hmmmm

Everything went good on coil swap, no leaks. I don't think it "needed it" but the seals o rings got swapped from some from Ebay. The bottom of coil did look oxidized Greenish. Hard to toss this chunk of metal in the trash.

I did not prime the new coil, I dry hit with the vents closed one time real deep, then I chain vaped at 65 watts until liquid was at the top of the glass. Then I took it straight to 115 watts and cranked away.

Last edited:

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Not been around for a while, mine quad coil lasted a month but after the third week, there was a drop in flavor a little bit.

Just a little heads up, when this tank decides to leak, oh boy does it leak, it pours out of the afc pretty fast, this was again due to the bottom O ring, somehow it had flattened itself to much, I had to take it out and wash it, then use a dinner knife to smooth it back in place, no more leaks after that. I think it was due to being tightened down too much.

Got sick of the drip tip too, this one is nice and cool and enhances the flavor even more..

20ijipg.jpg

Reactions: jmercury1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread