Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
thanks! I am still 90% of the time on the triple as my all day juice is in there. Then I will try the quad for a longer period and skip the sextuple for now as I sold all my >.3 ohm mods!
I might have come across sounding like the triple coils are junk, they most certainly aren't, they are better than most on the market but compared to the quads and sextuple they just lack a little flavor for me compared to the other two, which is why I wouldn't buy them.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
I'm a cloud chaser and love huge clouds even if I go out I still take dark horse or mutation x with me. The problem for me is driving. When I drive I vape all the time, non stop. It's rather dangerous to use a dripper in this conditions [emoji61]
I have couple subtannks but TFV4 is my favourite. I use it with the deck so with the right coil, wick and juce I blow huge clouds through the window and laugh looking at surprised people passing by. It really is a good tank and have unique filling system that put me off at first from buying it but now I just love it. Quick and clean filling, ready in seconds. I think of buying another one as with my use it gets hot rather quickly.
I would recommend this tank to everyone. [emoji100]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Im a flavor chasing mod womper who likes clouds. The other night we got off work and we have to call the guard to open the gate so we can leave. I took two hits off my TFV4 as the guard was driving up and had my window in my car down. The guard pulled next to the passenger side of my car and asked if I knew my car was smoking. :lol: That was using the tri coil at 90 watts :D

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
Trying out the Ti coils today. So far we have a very flavorful vape @ 572/100 Joules. Very impressive as I am new to all this temp control but decided to just skip on and try Titanium.

Opening up a new TFV4 package today I noticed (A) glass already melted to rubber seal (seems to be an on going theme) which tears as you pull away the glass (keep extra seals around!!).

*Also (B) glass was chipped along the bottom. I think these are all reasons people could have leaks and a thorough inspection dis assembly reassembly should take place before any initial use of these tanks.

Now noticing these things and addressing them first....I filled and vape without any leaks.

WP_20150903_012.jpg
WP_20150903_006.jpg

Last edited:

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area
Trying out the Ti coils today. So far we have a very flavorful vape @ 572/100 Joules. Very impressive as I am new to all this temp control but decided to just skip on and try Titanium.

Opening up a new TFV4 package today I noticed (A) glass already melted to rubber seal (seems to be an on going theme) which tears as you pull away the glass (keep extra seals around!!).

*Also (B) glass was chipped along the bottom. I think these are all reasons people could have leaks and a thorough inspection dis assembly reassembly should take place before any initial use of these tanks.

Now noticing these things and addressing them I filled and vape without any leaks.

View attachment 486902 View attachment 486903

But how do they compare to the quads? Flavor wise and juice drinking wise?

I have a Smok TFV4 Sub Tank on order at the moment. I will be using it on a Smok M80 TC mod. I will probably use the 0.2 sub ohm 3 coil head at first and just go from there. Wished I could report more, but that will have to wait until after the weekend. Thanks of all your input > :blink:

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
The more I use these Sextuple coils, the more I like them, that is the trouble trying to do a mini review within a day.. I actually think I like them more than the Quads now, great flavor and a cooler vape is really nice.
can u do a 40w 50w to 100w re-review of the quads and sextuples again, if it truly is a cooler vape for the sextuples vs the quads i might end up picking some up myself

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
can u do a 40w 50w to 100w re-review of the quads and sextuples again, if it truly is a cooler vape for the sextuples vs the quads i might end up picking some up myself

It is a cooler vape with the sextuples edging the flavor, the quads will be warmer due to the lower resistance at the same wattage. If your after the flavor and a cooler vape, those are the coils to buy. I vaped them side by side for hours, it was just the sextuple coil was pretty new vs the quad which was broken in, that's why today, I'm getting a bit more flavor and it picked out a few flavor notes that the quads didn't, it was also nicer to vape first thing this morning, than that warm thick vapor you get off the quads. I hope that helps.

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area
just got my tfv4 guys, and i was told that when i first use it i should put liquid on the coil, fill tank and let the tank sit for like 24 hours.... is that valid?

No. I didnt even wet the wick. I simply filled it and let it sit about 15 mins. it wicks the juice pretty darn good on its own, but then as thirsty as this tank is I would sure how it wicks well!

kougialis

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2014
Cyprus
No. I didnt even wet the wick. I simply filled it and let it sit about 15 mins. it wicks the juice pretty darn good on its own, but then as thirsty as this tank is I would sure how it wicks well!
thnks for the reply, i was kinda ...... hearing that since i wanted to try it today

Reactions: sd3614

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
just got my tfv4 guys, and i was told that when i first use it i should put liquid on the coil, fill tank and let the tank sit for like
24 hours.... is that valid?

X2!!

I don't even let it sit that long, but don't put juice on the coil. This tanks coils and the Uwell Crown coils do fine without it. I do a few dry puffs and then just ramp up the power over 5 minutes or so.

Hope you like it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread