Smok TFV4 Sub Ohm Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

sig-cmt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2015
HoustΩn, TX
...after a couple tanks of high VG the glass finally separated without tearing the o-ring!
What I did to disengage the glass from compression was to twist and turn the tube left and right while lightly pulling it away from the base. I kept at it for what seemed like two minutes. Thought I was going to shatter the glass but all went well :) .

sig-cmt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2015
HoustΩn, TX
anyone knows how to solve this spitting issue im getting with the rba and quad coil?
Not sure what you have already done, but try rasing your temps and/or wattage. Fire it for a full two seconds before inhaling. Try a juice with a different PG/VG ratio. Your liquid is not vaporizing completely and/or may be being vaporized unevenly.

jemton

Sep 13, 2015
spits even more with more poping sound when up wattage

Not sure what you have already done, but try rasing your temps and/or wattage. Fire it for a full two seconds before inhaling. Try a juice with a different PG/VG ratio. Your liquid is not vaporizing completely and/or may be being vaporized unevenly.

when i increase the watt over 35-40< it gives no flavor and harsh throat hit. im using single coil rba.. on page 42 i posted some pic of how i wicked

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
when i increase the watt over 35-40< it gives no flavor and harsh throat hit. im using single coil rba.. on page 42 i posted some pic of how i wicked
Have you tried rebuilding it? Does this happen everytime you rebuild and wick it? I just got mine Saturday, and have only used the RBA with the stock coil stuffed with some rayon, but thus far I haven't had any problems with spitting, so I'm not sure what to recommend.

CloudOFsmoke

Sep 15, 2015
You could
anyone knows how to solve this spitting issue im getting with the rba and quad coil?
also try thicking your wick at the base to restrict the juice somewhat. That may help vaporizing what is on there. Also, how high is your coil? I cant open your pics (work computer being a PITA). If its too high it wont distribute the air evenly and can lead to spitting, not to mention it would be closer to your mouth and easier to get up there. Without really being able to see your coils its hard to guess. What kind/guage wire are you using and what is the diameter/number of wraps/resistance? Sorry if you mentioned this previously.

jemton

Sep 13, 2015
Have you tried rebuilding it? Does this happen everytime you rebuild and wick it? I just got mine Saturday, and have only used the RBA with the stock coil stuffed with some rayon, but thus far I haven't had any problems with spitting, so I'm not sure what to recommend.

yeap i have i think the spitting doesnt come from it not being hot enough.. cause its always the a loud poping or crackling sound that makes it spit up hot juice

jemton

Sep 13, 2015
You could

also try thicking your wick at the base to restrict the juice somewhat. That may help vaporizing what is on there. Also, how high is your coil? I cant open your pics (work computer being a PITA). If its too high it wont distribute the air evenly and can lead to spitting, not to mention it would be closer to your mouth and easier to get up there. Without really being able to see your coils its hard to guess. What kind/guage wire are you using and what is the diameter/number of wraps/resistance? Sorry if you mentioned this previously.

ok ive done a rewick again..

currently its on a 24awg wire. 0.69ohms about 6 wraps.

using ipv4s ( wattage mode )

should i take a picture of my coil ?

things i have tired.

1) wick all the way down the juice channel in the rba
2) wick just above the juice channel hole
3) cut 45degrees and leave abit down the juice channel
4) done all of the 3 above with more wick and lesser wick..

wattage used 20-60

still spits. still pops.

Last edited:

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
then whats the problem with my tank? :(
That I am not sure of. I'll post a pic of my wick when my juice gets low later, maybe it will help, probably not, its nothing special, I did it real quick not thinking I was going to vape the stock coil long.

Oh, here's a thought, what VG is your juice? I'm using 90VG, so maybe that is why I'm having better luck?

Jonner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Pennsylvania
Just a quick question, I'm waiting on the Mini version and then thinking of pulling the trigger. I need the mini for a DNA 40 mod that the regular version will not fit on. Is 40 watts enough to power these coils (without going rebuildable route)?

I guess what I'm looking for is a review of the Temp Control coils for this tank (titanium or nickel)?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread