Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
This coil thing is confusing at this tank. Sites are selling the dual RBA head, but only in 5 packs? And the quadruple coils seem to be cheaper than the triple coils (at gearbest). So it is a mess currently :)
The quad coils are cheaper because it is 4 wires, one cotton, where as the triple have separate cotton and coils and cost more to manufacturer.

Kindwick

Verified Member
Jul 18, 2015
Rochester, MN
soundcloud.com
T3 Triple Coil is 3 individual Coils in one Head.
T4 Quad Coil is 2 Duel Parallel coils stacked. Like the Starre Tank's Duel Coils.
T1 Single RBA.
T2 Duel RBA.

They are All available her Cvapor.com

SMOK - Cvapor.com

You can use this coupon code: GRE10OFF
Buggers! I missed the coupon. Oh well...she hits like a beast on the X Cube 2!

IMG_0676.jpg

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
im getting jealous man mines gets shipped out tomorrow..how hard wattage wise have you hit it so far?
I have hit the triple at the full 130w, time and time again, no problems, no dry hits, I have nothing bad to say about the tank or coils. BUT, as I have said in the other thread, the flavour of the quad coil is so much better than the triple, the quad is a step up from anything I have tried, it reminds me of what drinking those flavours would be like, it is incredible. The quad coil does run hotter and I found 92w to be the sweet spot. The coil is thinner than the triplle too which means instead of the 4ml you can fit in the tank with the triple coil, you can fit 5ml with the quad. Be warned, if you think the Starre and Crown drank juice, you ain't seen nothing yet. I am so so SO glad I diy my juice, I have just made up 500ml which is steeping ,ready to use on this tank, which cost £5, I will never buy juice online or in store again, plus, my juice kicks their butts, there is no way, I would be buying retailers juice at those crazy prices.
The top fill design is by far the best, what a clever idea, it puts the Starre Pro to shame, I have sold my Starre Pro today after using this, I feel I have finally found that tank I was looking for when I first started sub ohming, it is a complete game changer.

MagicJosh

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2015
Boston, MA, USA
Im waiting until they start making double coil rba bases. Because the rba base is why i buy any tank. Ill never buy more premade coils unless they can be rebuilt like kanger subtanks coils. Double coil RBA Tank! Maybe the future of the subtank mini. :)
This is one of the only premade coils I would purchase because its different and packs a punch with the 3 and 4 coils design. But the 24 mm tank will look funny on the smaller mods.

skrymir

Jul 14, 2015
Canada
Im waiting until they start making double coil rba bases. Because the rba base is why i buy any tank. Ill never buy more premade coils unless they can be rebuilt like kanger subtanks coils. Double coil RBA Tank! Maybe the future of the subtank mini. :)
This is one of the only premade coils I would purchase because its different and packs a punch with the 3 and 4 coils design. But the 24 mm tank will look funny on the smaller mods.
You can buy the TF-R2 coil for about $9 at cvapor.com I bought the kit and the dual coil RBA deck.

Reactions: Kindwick

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
Tried this a week ago and honestly, the vape is just too hot for my tastes. I like warm, but this is literally HOT. At 100 watts that is.

That's too bad. I'm really interested in this tank, but I was really hoping to go up to 100+, especially on the quad coils. I guess I would have to get it and try it personally to see if it's too hit for me. I saw a teaser pic of another tank that can go up to 150w, but I can't remember what it was.

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
I have hit the triple at the full 130w, time and time again, no problems, no dry hits, I have nothing bad to say about the tank or coils. BUT, as I have said in the other thread, the flavour of the quad coil is so much better than the triple, the quad is a step up from anything I have tried, it reminds me of what drinking those flavours would be like, it is incredible. The quad coil does run hotter and I found 92w to be the sweet spot. The coil is thinner than the triplle too which means instead of the 4ml you can fit in the tank with the triple coil, you can fit 5ml with the quad. Be warned, if you think the Starre and Crown drank juice, you ain't seen nothing yet. I am so so SO glad I diy my juice, I have just made up 500ml which is steeping ,ready to use on this tank, which cost £5, I will never buy juice online or in store again, plus, my juice kicks their butts, there is no way, I would be buying retailers juice at those crazy prices.
The top fill design is by far the best, what a clever idea, it puts the Starre Pro to shame, I have sold my Starre Pro today after using this, I feel I have finally found that tank I was looking for when I first started sub ohming, it is a complete game changer.
so the triple coils are inferior in taste and vapor production to the quad coils?
whats the point of the triples then?

Kindwick

Verified Member
Jul 18, 2015
Rochester, MN
soundcloud.com
I get that, but I usually vape at 130-150 watts, which is why I would want a tank I can vape at similar wattage.

Here's the tank I mentioned. It's not out yet, Cyclone by Sense. Cyclone 150W Sub-Ohm Tank by Sense

Dammit! ANOTHER high wattage, temp control tank on the way?! You have sparked my interest and my infatuation for these bigger, "badder" tanks...sigh! I am going to have to make another tank racko_Oo_Oo_O

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
Lol I know how you feel. My brain goes a mile a minute when I think about these tanks. I've yet to make my decision on which tank. The FTV4 looks really good, and I'll probably end up getting it because I haven't seen anything better, and I'm not looking to wait much longer, I've already been reading on these for close to a month. Well, high power sub tanks in general. I wonder if you can recreate something similar on the dual coil RBA section. Parallel coils to match the quad coils, would just be vertical.

Also I can't remember, wondering if one of you guys knows off the top of your head and can save me look up the sites again. Are these coils kanthal or 316l?

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
To accommodate a wider range of vaping wattage choices to suit a broad audience...as simple as that sounds, that's my best guess.
Both coils have same ranges of wattage with quad coil 10w higher, the difference is 3 different coils vs a big giant quad vertical coil.. Triple seems to be their "flagship" but rixsta said the quad is better in everyway, so i am confuseeedddd, gona get the quad coils anyway

tony7432

Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
Sydney nsw australia
just keep in mind what taste good or better to one person may and can be the opposite to another person..the only way to truly know for yourself is to try it. luckly i believe the tank comes with one quad coil and one triple..so you can try both before you invest in more coils. i know she comes with a single rba kit, but i have my eyes open for the dual rba kit, they say its selling right now but i have yet to see it anywhere.

Reactions: Cacique

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
so the triple coils are inferior in taste and vapor production to the quad coils?
whats the point of the triples then?
Yes they are but don't get me wrong the triple are good but the quad is where the flavour really is.. What is the point of the triple, because it sells and looks more impressive than the quad.

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
just keep in mind what taste good or better to one person may and can be the opposite to another person..the only way to truly know for yourself is to try it. luckly i believe the tank comes with one quad coil and one triple..so you can try both before you invest in more coils. i know she comes with a single rba kit, but i have my eyes open for the dual rba kit, they say its selling right now but i have yet to see it anywhere.
I'm not on my own on this though, you only have to read or watch reviews, its very clear, the quad has more flavour, there is no denying that, when you try it, you will see...but your right, please try both before you buy more coils, I already have the scars from the Starre Pro, I'm not getting the blame for this too hahaha

Reactions: Mr.Mann

tony7432

Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
Sydney nsw australia
Yes they are but don't get me wrong the triple are good but the quad is where the flavour really is.. What is the point of the triple, because it sells and looks more impressive than the quad.
thats how they got me LOL..i saw the triple and ordered it over the quad

Reactions: Rixsta
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread