Smok tfv4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugs1970

Unresolved Status
Aug 22, 2015
Manchester UK
i got the kit yesterday, haven't played with the rba yet but the tri coil it came fitted with is a plume monster, this thing blows all my other tanks clean out of the proverbial ocean >:) I run it at around 75 to 80 on my ipv4 and it rules, haven't even touched my drippers today because of this beast....buy one...BUY ONE NOW :)

Reactions: Paul lamb

Pugs1970

Unresolved Status
Aug 22, 2015
Manchester UK
well, you can use a slow cooker to speed it up with some flavours, custard's and vanilla's take longer, but fruit flavours can be pretty much shake and vape most of the time, with a slow cooker you put the bottles in it (make sure they are glass) fill it with water up to the necks of the bottles ) I leave the tops on) then leave them i it for 4 hours and shake them every hour :)
if you can stop yourself from vapin straight away then put them in a dark cupboard for a week with the tops off after the slow cooker steep ;)

Paul lamb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2015
Newcastle, UK
well, you can use a slow cooker to speed it up with some flavours, custard's and vanilla's take longer, but fruit flavours can be pretty much shake and vape most of the time, with a slow cooker you put the bottles in it (make sure they are glass) fill it with water up to the necks of the bottles ) I leave the tops on) then leave them i it for 4 hours and shake them every hour :)
if you can stop yourself from vapin straight away then put them in a dark cupboard for a week with the tops off after the slow cooker steep ;)
Definitely something I need to cosider, I'm generally not a DIY buff but when it comes to vapeing and saving money I'm sure I'll get the hang of it

Pugs1970

Unresolved Status
Aug 22, 2015
Manchester UK
Definitely something I need to cosider, I'm generally not a DIY buff but when it comes to vapeing and saving money I'm sure I'll get the hang of it
well if you smoke premium juice at say, 14 quid a 30ml?...prob make it for about a quid :) ...and it's nicer, in my oppinion, don't know what the pro's use but mine seems a lot cleaner and fresher and vapes a lot smoother than there's :)

Reactions: Paul lamb

RebornLincoln06

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2014
Grapevine, TX
In all honesty, and this is just my opinion only, I think the TFV4 is a little over hyped. I've hit the quad coil (I think?) at 100 watts and even with all the airflow open it was still a really hot vape. I like hot vapes (I run claptons, parallels, etc. on my drippers) but I just honestly believe there's better tanks out there.

Pugs1970

Unresolved Status
Aug 22, 2015
Manchester UK
In all honesty, and this is just my opinion only, I think the TFV4 is a little over hyped. I've hit the quad coil (I think?) at 100 watts and even with all the airflow open it was still a really hot vape. I like hot vapes (I run claptons, parallels, etc. on my drippers) but I just honestly believe there's better tanks out there.
Your right about one thing mate it does get hot, I keep it around 60w with the triple and it's fine, I've had a lot of tanks and like you I run drippers and tanks with claptons, zippers etc but for the price I think this knocks others at the same price range out of the park, especially for build quality and performance, they could of got away with charging a lot more for it. That's just my 2 cents worth tho ;) lol

RebornLincoln06

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2014
Grapevine, TX
Your right about one thing mate it does get hot, I keep it around 60w with the triple and it's fine, I've had a lot of tanks and like you I run drippers and tanks with claptons, zippers etc but for the price I think this knocks others at the same price range out of the park, especially for build quality and performance, they could of got away with charging a lot more for it. That's just my 2 cents worth tho ;) lol

Yeah I can agree. It's a lot better around the 60 watt mark, but It seems like a tank marketed for the high watts (90-100) and you would think it would be able to retain heat a lot better with it's airflow. Also, it burns juice stupid fast.

tony7432

Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
Sydney nsw australia
i agree alot of hype went into this tank..and dont get me wrong i do like it and keep it in my rotation but being that i already have the v2,strarre, and the atlantis mega and my wife's herakles, if i walked into a shop and they were letting people use and after using would i buy it? i can easily say no i would not..i would just take the $80-$100 it would cost me for the tank and a 5 pack of coils and just stock up on more coils for my wife and i..i have tryed it all the way up to 110 watts for a few minutes the juice for me does not get warm its fine but the tank at the base does get really hot and makes me wonder how long those o-rings will last with that much heat..

Pugs1970

Unresolved Status
Aug 22, 2015
Manchester UK
i agree alot of hype went into this tank..and dont get me wrong i do like it and keep it in my rotation but being that i already have the v2,strarre, and the atlantis mega and my wife's herakles, if i walked into a shop and they were letting people use and after using would i buy it? i can easily say no i would not..i would just take the $80-$100 it would cost me for the tank and a 5 pack of coils and just stock up on more coils for my wife and i..i have tryed it all the way up to 110 watts for a few minutes the juice for me does not get warm its fine but the tank at the base does get really hot and makes me wonder how long those o-rings will last with that much heat..
That's a point actually, I have never run any tank that high so it never occurred to me about the o rings, and also it appears it's a lot more expensive over the pond, I paid £29.95 for mine which I thought was steal, and I do love the amount of clouds this thing produces, I have only had it a few days though so time will tell.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Well, to be honest mate I've just started to diy my own juice so Its not an issue, and MUCH nicer, I recommend doing that as much as I recommend this tank haha...which is loads in case you hadn't guessed lol ;)
Very true, you even have money to burn or this really is a DIY tank.

Reactions: Pugs1970

Paul lamb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2015
Newcastle, UK
Get the full kit, ni200 coils, sextuple coils, quad coils, the dual/vertical rba decks and u r set for a while, this tank rocks, my oring has been holding up fine
Thanks for the feedback, i hope they are selling o rings as there have been a lot melted in vids I've watched, yeah definitely need the full kit with RBA section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread