smok tfv8 baby beast troubles!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry C

Oct 9, 2016
Hi guys and gals,
im new to the forum, but ive been reading on here for about the last month. ive recently started vaping(4 weeks with no analogs!!!!) i have a fuchai 213 and a smok tfv8 baby beast. ive been using the same coil .4 ohm since i got it. i started getting a burnt taste so i figured it was time to change it. ive primed the new coil right cause after a few hits the flavor comes through great. after about 10 hits or so the great flavor goes away, and i get a burt taste again. i have noticed when i take a hit the bubbles that come out of the cotton has vapor in them and it fills the take up. ive used 100%vg and diffrent mixes down to 50/50 and all produce the same results. ive even tried 2 other coils and all have started fine but end up the same. any ideas or help would be great!

Larry C

Oct 9, 2016
depending on the juice, its usually between 52-57 give or take currently i have ballistic vapes- tsunami in there now and its a 50/50 blend but like i said 50/50 or even 100 vg it does the same. if i didnt have another tank to rely on id be getting really ....... i would just like to know what is causing the problem now and why it wasnt doing it when i first got it. today i changed out all the o-rings, the orange seals for the glass and the big gasket in the top around the fill hole and chimney. i went and picked up 3 new Q2 .4 coils and have a new one in it now that i soaked the wick and assembled it and has been sitting full for about 3 hours so ill let you know how this one works out. also replaced the coul in my crown 2 tank and its vaping like a champ with the same juice

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hello and welcome to ecf.

Most likely you are not allowing the coil to wick fast enough to keep up with your vaping. Vg takes longer to absorb into the coil so that may be the problem. General rule of thumb tho, is when you first detect any kind of burnt taste immediately turn down the watts. This has saved my coil many times from being unusable. Different juices need different settings to taste good. It it doesn't taste good then you don't want to vape it. And after the coil gets that burnt taste you may as well throw it away because you will never get the taste out of the coil.
Hope this helps.
:)

Larry C

Oct 9, 2016
ive went through 3 new coils now and the 50/50 juices dont last any longer then the max vg juices i use. heres how i get the coil ready.... i screw it in the bottom base so i can have more to hang on to, i drip the juice on the center of the coil till it comes out the slots on the sides. then i put the glass on and screw it all together and close the airflow at the bottom and fill it up. i then open the airflow just a tad and take about 6-7 dry pulls from it. usually after 6-7 pulls i can start to taste alot of flavor so set it aside. about an hour is the least amount of time i let it set since i have another tank. when i do start to fire it up my watts start out about 25 for a few light hits and go up anout 4-5 watts at a time till i get up around 52-57, but like i said it all will taste fine for about 10-15 hits( not chain vaping hits). 10-15 over the course of 7-8 hrs and then the strong burnt taste starts

Reactions: Cheallaigh

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Do you run the liquid level below half before filling up?
Less liquid in the tank will reduce flow thru the cotton to the
coil.

I do not think the vapour in the air bubbles is a "cause" of the problem but may be a symptom. The vapour should all be inhaled when you take a vape. Do you release the fire button 2 seconds before you stop your puff to remove the residual vapour from a still hot coil and out of the chimney?

Even still the vapour should not be able to pass through wet cotton into the tank. The flow normally goes the other way as we vape air/vapour into our lungs.
There should be no vapour left in that area after your draw.

Just brainstorming here, you'll get it figured.
At least you got a Crown to vape in the meantime. Cheers.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
im pretty much stumped

I have only been using my tank on the Alien mod. But since I have a Fuchai 213, I put the baby beast on that, filled it with my Blueberry (clear juice) 80VG/20PG, and took about 10 hits in maybe 4 minutes at 56 watts. Still hitting it at a slower rate and no burnt hits or as best I could tell, no vapor in the bubbles.

Another 8 - 10 hits while pondering and typing this out and still hitting fine with a Q2 coil in use since 9/18. I am falling in line with your statement I quoted as I am pretty much stumped myself.

Vapor in the bubbles makes me think it is an o-ring problem. If you got it at a shop, I would take it in and ask them about it. Or check all the "bad" coils and check if the o-ring is getting damaged by something when installing them.

And lastly, I assume you put in all new juice when you took it all apart and re-built it? It seems I have heard somewhere that the burnt taste can stay with the juice used when the burnt taste started.

Sorry, but that's about all I got. Good luck!

Larry C

Oct 9, 2016
i cheched all the o rings and swapped to a diffrent juice it 80vg/20pg last night. so far its acting normal but i can see in the tank after taking a hit that occasional there is a small tad bit of vapor but nothing major like it was. the orings on the other coils were all in good shape. my first thought was one of them got pinched. im gonna try going back to a 50/50 blend later and see if it starts acting up again. but a big thanks for all your help though

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Hope it keeps working for you, Larry!

Something else I just now noticed, but no idea if it could cause or contribute to your problem. I took mine apart to clean and change flavors and after I got it back together, I noticed a very, very slight gap between the top glass o-ring and the top piece and only on one side. I could only see it holding it up with a bright background. Seems it is easy to cross thread the chimney into the coil causing the slightest in tilt. But either fixing that or the DIY juice I filled it with caused a lot more bubbles after a vape and a noticeable increase in vapor. Might be worth a check and I will be watching it closely in the future.

Reactions: Richard-D

Notor!ousG

Moved On
Oct 10, 2016
Canada
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Underaged registrant

Larry C

Oct 9, 2016
its a .4 ohm 40-80 and best 55-60 i soaked it till it was running out of the holes then put it together and it sat all night. this morning i gave it about 8 dry pulls then started the watts out on 25 and did a few pulls then up to 30 watts with a few and so on by the time i got up to 55 it was good. also im running a thicker juice80vg. seems im only getting the burnt taste with 50/50 60/40 and 70/30. the thicker i go the less it tastes burnt. im on the 4th coil since friday

Notor!ousG

Moved On
Oct 10, 2016
Canada
  • Deleted by retired1
I have two Baby Beasts that I run on Fuchai 213s. In one of them I run the Q2 coil at 55 watts, the other I run the T8 coil at 75 watts. I have notices that the Q2's don't seem to last as long as the T8's, but I haven't experienced anything like what has been described in the OP. Almost all of my liquids are 80 VG or higher and I haven't run anything less than 80 VG in either of my Baby Beasts since I got them, so perhaps that was the issue.

Notor!ousG

Moved On
Oct 10, 2016
Canada
  • Deleted by retired1

Notor!ousG

Moved On
Oct 10, 2016
Canada
  • Deleted by retired1