smok tfv8 baby beast troubles!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
ok so i got an email yesturday from smok. they said the bubbles are normal due to the rewicking process, but the vapor filled bubbles however are not. they said that is indictive of a vacuum leak. the most common culprit is the gasket in the top around the refill opening. so last night i took the old one out and cleaned the hole and put the new one in and holy ....!!!!! the seal now it 5 times tighter then before and no vapor in the bubbles!! my tank is now crystal clear!!!!
That's great Larry!
Kinda knew it had to be something simple..glad you got it fixed.. :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

SAG

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2011
STL
you and me both!!! it was driving me crazy
So the burnt hits were from preheating? I'm going through coils every 4 -5 days. Driving me crazy!!! I'm using the baby on a Therion. I can't go over 43w or burnt taste with the .4 coils. The first coil went almost 2 weeks before flavor loss. It was awesome. None of them after that last and i'd settle for the damn flavor loss over burnt taste.

bigTRAV710

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2016
Fort Worth Tx
i cheched all the o rings and swapped to a diffrent juice it 80vg/20pg last night. so far its acting normal but i can see in the tank after taking a hit that occasional there is a small tad bit of vapor but nothing major like it was. the orings on the other coils were all in good shape. my first thought was one of them got pinched. im gonna try going back to a 50/50 blend later and see if it starts acting up again. but a big thanks for all your help though
I run 65/35 or 70/30 in my bby beastie, with the quad coils at 55-65w and chain vape with no issues, my gf on the other hand ran 80/20 on the q2 coil and burnt hit city. I prime them for 10 min the instal coil , let it sit and soak for 30 min and start at20w and go up by 2 watts slowly for 8 or so hours til i hit 40w and the next day i go up to 50 and so on. Ive done this with my crown as weel and never burnt a coil unless i used 80/20 or higher.

10Pups

Jan 14, 2017
Orange, California
I have been bouncing back and fourth between to BBs (different flavors) for 8 days now. No problems with different %vg/pg from 60/40 to 70/30. I stay within the "best " range written on the coils. Usually 55 to 65 watts. Was typing in a forum the other night not paying attention and ran it dry. I know what smoking an old sock tastes like now. Just filled it and it cleared right out. One thing I have noticed about these things is the close tolerances. BE careful when your screwing things together. I hate fighting the o rings and trying to feel the threads at the same time. To correct that I take everything apart if anything and start the threads on everything before coming in contact with the o rings. Then everything pulls together straight. Habits I developed rebuilding hydraulic systems on backhoes and other heavy equipment. O rings are little miracles really but if you roll one putting something together they might as well not be there.

ChristyD

Mar 15, 2017
Hi guys and gals,
im new to the forum, but ive been reading on here for about the last month. ive recently started vaping(4 weeks with no analogs!!!!) i have a fuchai 213 and a smok tfv8 baby beast. ive been using the same coil .4 ohm since i got it. i started getting a burnt taste so i figured it was time to change it. ive primed the new coil right cause after a few hits the flavor comes through great. after about 10 hits or so the great flavor goes away, and i get a burt taste again. i have noticed when i take a hit the bubbles that come out of the cotton has vapor in them and it fills the take up. ive used 100%vg and diffrent mixes down to 50/50 and all produce the same results. ive even tried 2 other coils and all have started fine but end up the same. any ideas or help would be great!
I'm so glad I saw your post Larry I'm having the same problems I have blown through more coils that I wanted it meant have you had any luck resolving the problem?

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
I'm so glad I saw your post Larry I'm having the same problems I have blown through more coils that I wanted it meant have you had any luck resolving the problem?
Sounds like the coil it isn't tight in the base... I would also check that all gaskets are in their proper places and not broken or missing. I've had the BabyBeast for awhile now with no issues at all.. good luck figuring it out :)

bigTRAV710

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2016
Fort Worth Tx
Prime coil, install , let it sit in full tank for 30min , strt at 20watts and go up in 2watt increments, if it seems like its not wicking take the coil out and poke 3 or 4 holes in the cotton in juice slots eith a needle safty pin or needle tweezers, then scrape the cotton til you cant see the holes you poked. Reinstall and let sit for ten min and strt from 20 watts. I get coils every pack or so that dnt want to wick and this wrks for me and my fiancee. I run 65/35 in my bby b

Reactions: Richard-D

ChristyD

Mar 15, 2017
Prime coil, install , let it sit in full tank for 30min , strt at 20watts and go up in 2watt increments, if it seems like its not wicking take the coil out and poke 3 or 4 holes in the cotton in juice slots eith a needle safty pin or needle tweezers, then scrape the cotton til you cant see the holes you poked. Reinstall and let sit for ten min and strt from 20 watts. I get coils every pack or so that dnt want to wick and this wrks for me and my fiancee. I run 65/35 in my bby b
I've gotten the coil to go up without the burnt taste but now I get a small amount of smoke and then jyst air on my hits. It's frustrating. With my Cleato tank I get vape as long as I hold the button down. Any ideas?

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
I've gotten the coil to go up without the burnt taste but now I get a small amount of smoke and then jyst air on my hits. It's frustrating. With my Cleato tank I get vape as long as I hold the button down. Any ideas?
I'm sorry to hear you're still having troubles with your BabyBeast Christy...
6e6552359158330dd3dc64446ead4bf5.jpg

After priming the .15 ohm T8V8 coil seen here I fill the tank and take a couple dry pulls without firing the button..I don't poke holes in the cotton and take my first hit around 65w..Never have I gotten a burnt taste or even come close to a dry hit vaping 100% VG..my sweetspot for this setup is around 70-75w or so with airflow wide open... its a great little tank as I own two of them now with no problems at all.. good luck! :)

Last edited:

bigTRAV710

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2016
Fort Worth Tx
That sounds like the 510 isnt making a good connection. Check the o rings on the coil, make sure its screwed dwn tight and try it on a diff mod if possible

Reactions: Richard-D

bigTRAV710

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2016
Fort Worth Tx
I'm sorry to hear you're still having troubles with your BabyBeast Christy...
6e6552359158330dd3dc64446ead4bf5.jpg

After priming the .15 ohm T8V8 coil seen here I fill the tank and take a couple dry pulls without firing the button..I don't poke holes in the cotton and take my first hit around 65w..Never have I gotten a burnt taste or even come close to a dry hit vaping 100% VG..my sweetspot for this setup is around 70-75w or so.. its a great little tank as I own two of them now with no problems at all.. good luck! :)

Your lucky. I run 65/35 and i get about 1 coil per box that just wont wick, and i have to poke holes in the cotton. If i go over 55 watts the coil only lasts 3-4 days, so i stay at 40-45 and get a week or more. Thats the prob with premade coils, theres always gonna be duds or in my experience coils with too much cotton or it just too tight. Overall the coils are consistent compared to other similar setups.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Your lucky. I run 65/35 and i get about 1 coil per box that just wont wick, and i have to poke holes in the cotton. If i go over 55 watts the coil only lasts 3-4 days, so i stay at 40-45 and get a week or more. Thats the prob with premade coils, theres always gonna be duds or in my experience coils with too much cotton or it just too tight. Overall the coils are consistent compared to other similar setups.
I guess I am lucky as I get 6 to 8 weeks on the same coil vaping it everyday..Im a big fan of the Beast tanks and have good luck running the new CloudBeast King T12 at 150-160w or so..got a month on this coil and still going strong
9bb0393b02b83e35dc8b9721afa61e4a.jpg
Clouds are good too, lol

bigTRAV710

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2016
Fort Worth Tx
I guess I am lucky as I get 6 to 8 weeks on the same coil vaping it everyday..Im a big fan of the Beast tanks and have good luck running the new CloudBeast King T12 at 150-160w or so..got a month on this coil and still going strong
9bb0393b02b83e35dc8b9721afa61e4a.jpg
Clouds are good too, lol

If i run higher vg than 70/30 it just won't wick worth a sheet, but its been cold . 100% vg no way , you must live somewhere very very warm lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread