smok tfv8 or tfv12 cloud beast king ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

theclaw20

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2017
The TFV12's large deck should be easy to learn on. I actually started rebuilding on the TFV8 out of necessity when I ran out of coils before my coil shipment came inz started building regularly, and never looked back. It was a good training deck and I still use it. But, when you buy the 8 specifically for rebuilding, you unnecessarily pay for a bunch of coilheads and only get 1 deck, whereas the V12 RBA Edition comes with 2 decks and no coilheads.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Reactions: cloudbusting

cloudbusting

Apr 6, 2017
uk
The TFV12's large deck should be easy to learn on. I actually started rebuilding on the TFV8 out of necessity when I ran out of coils before my coil shipment came inz started building regularly, and never looked back. It was a good training deck and I still use it. But, when you buy the 8 specifically for rebuilding, you unnecessarily pay for a bunch of coilheads and only get 1 deck, whereas the V12 RBA Edition comes with 2 decks and no coilheads.

thanks for the heads up ,will look into it ..havn't brought any vape gear for a week..need to do shopping ;-)

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
Of course, others are welcome to their opinion. I had an opportunity to try it and found it highly underwhelming.

I'd be fine recommending the TFV8 *and* the RBA, but I just personally wouldn't recommend the TFV12 if your primary purpose is building and the factory heads have been having QC issues.

Unless you are dying to also get to use factory coils, I have had much better experiences with RTAs that were made for the purpose. There are always concessions when a tank does both. You've got an RTA that can also run factory coils or a subohm tank that has a deck. Doesn't mean they can't also be good, but it's just what happens. The Lemo 3 does both and is one of my favorite RTAs in terms of performance and even has a roomy deck, but the concessions come in extra small screws and a weirdly placed, weirdly-sized o-ring in factory coil mode. There's always something.

The SMOK tanks are not expensive and there are many good RTAs that are also reasonable. Same for the RBA sections. Perhaps you can do both, even if not at the same time. Something like the Pharaoh or Griffin AIO have swappable/interchangeable decks; there's the Ammit with the single or dual coil versions in different sizes, the VanyVape Kylin is popular (I found it kind of eh TBH) and they just released the Govad tank, Wotofo does tank versions of the Lush, Troll, possibly something else, there's Augvape, there are other Geekvapes, CoilArt's Mages, OBS Engines of various sizes, the list goes on and on. All of that choice makes it easier to zero in on something that checks all your boxes, if the TFV8 or 12 indeed don't. But maybe they do.

Vaping is a subjective experience. What works for me may not work for you or someone else. I preferred the original TFV8 to what experience I've had with the 12, if we're talking about factory coils. I prefer most of my purpose built RTAs to the TFV12 RBA and most RBA decks of subohm tanks, which all have concessions. I simply think SMOK missed the mark on the 12, and am grateful I have vaping friends who will let me borrow their stuff before I have to buy. Or maybe the tank I used was bad. Who knows. Either way, I've got my own thoughts on it.

Some people will like the TFV12 because it works for them, and some people will like the TFV12 because it's the new big thing. ::Shrug::

theclaw20

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2017
Of course, others are welcome to their opinion. I had an opportunity to try it and found it highly underwhelming.

I'd be fine recommending the TFV8 *and* the RBA, but I just personally wouldn't recommend the TFV12 if your primary purpose is building and the factory heads have been having QC issues.

Unless you are dying to also get to use factory coils, I have had much better experiences with RTAs that were made for the purpose. There are always concessions when a tank does both. You've got an RTA that can also run factory coils or a subohm tank that has a deck. Doesn't mean they can't also be good, but it's just what happens. The Lemo 3 does both and is one of my favorite RTAs in terms of performance and even has a roomy deck, but the concessions come in extra small screws and a weirdly placed, weirdly-sized o-ring in factory coil mode. There's always something.

The SMOK tanks are not expensive and there are many good RTAs that are also reasonable. Same for the RBA sections. Perhaps you can do both, even if not at the same time. Something like the Pharaoh or Griffin AIO have swappable/interchangeable decks; there's the Ammit with the single or dual coil versions in different sizes, the VanyVape Kylin is popular (I found it kind of eh TBH) and they just released the Govad tank, Wotofo does tank versions of the Lush, Troll, possibly something else, there's Augvape, there are other Geekvapes, CoilArt's Mages, OBS Engines of various sizes, the list goes on and on. All of that choice makes it easier to zero in on something that checks all your boxes, if the TFV8 or 12 indeed don't. But maybe they do.

Vaping is a subjective experience. What works for me may not work for you or someone else. I preferred the original TFV8 to what experience I've had with the 12, if we're talking about factory coils. I prefer most of my purpose built RTAs to the TFV12 RBA and most RBA decks of subohm tanks, which all have concessions. I simply think SMOK missed the mark on the 12, and am grateful I have vaping friends who will let me borrow their stuff before I have to buy. Or maybe the tank I used was bad. Who knows. Either way, I've got my own thoughts on it.

Some people will like the TFV12 because it works for them, and some people will like the TFV12 because it's the new big thing. ::Shrug::
Great feedback. Meant no disrespect disagreeing with your view on the V12.

Have you had a chance to build with the V12s triple coil deck? Thing is a beast. Eats batteries and juice for breakfast, but if that's not an issue for you, then you should try it if you haven't. It sounds like you have a friend you can borrow it from, and if you can borrow it without having to buy it, I recommend at least giving it a shot.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
No disrespect taken, was just super-clarifying that everything I've said in this thread is almost completely subjective and opinion-based, of course. I also definitely didn't mean to come off as combative. No, I haven't had a chance to use the triple coil deck yet, so I'll see if my friend has one or I'll just buy it for him so I can then use it for a bit lol. I did try the Azeroth just for a bit at at a shop when I helped someone build their new one (lol) and that was all right. Obviously not at all the same tank, just another tri coil, but I dunno. I go hot and cold on this stuff; recently I've just been feeling like the flavor of my usual juices starts to break down at really low res/high power so I've been trying to bump up my resistance a little. I do realize it's possible to build a tri coil of reasonable resistance, it's just not really the direction I've been going lately. I always end up back and forth, though. I'm sure I'll get to try it soon.

Also, sorry to both you and OP if I made it sound like "it's not a 'real' RTA so it won't be good," that's definitely not what I meant. I probably should have elaborated more in my first post but was just in a rush. Like I said above, I LOVE my Lemo 3 which does both. As long as you're aware/prepared that there is (almost always) some compromises in dual-use subohm tanks with RBA decks/vice versa, there are plenty that are very good. Clearly I was a little underwhelmed with the TFV12 in both modes but it wasn't terrible or anything and I realize it has lots of fans. Again, I would tend to go with a specific RTA for that for myself, but not always always and that's not for everyone either.

cloudbusting

Apr 6, 2017
uk

love your feedback,thanks for the pointers..looked at the obs engines,they look good ...

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
brilliant feedback people,given me a bit to think about,my priority for an rta would be easy top fill,bottom air control,and easy to wick..to start with ,then once i get a grip with it move on to other styles..i already have the limitless xl,but i'm still on the pre-installed led coil..anyone know if it's rta deck is any good ?
I have owned the Limitless xl, exo xl, and currently have the Combo RDTA which I really like , very smooth, 7-8 different build decks to choose from.
642279b270614d3a1d5d304d2eb27dd7.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread