Smok TFV8

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaponeGiaccone

Mar 8, 2016
Has anyone used this with the RX200? Does it have the same 510 connection issues as the tfv4? If so is there a fix around this?

Also, as far as batteries - would 3 LG HG2s be suitable and capable of safely firing the tfv8 up at 200w with the 0.15ohm coil? I'm struggling with the concept of using 3 batteries - does this mean everything is essentially divided by 3 when I'm trying to work things out?

How about the possibility of coil rebuilds as well? Not seeing anything in the way of tutorials yet but I know it hasn't been out for too long. On the other hand the coils do look extremely complex so maybe it's more hassle than it's worth. How long are people getting on these coils?
I have both the RX200S and the Koopor Primus 300 and I would recommend the Primus over the RX200 mods. It's packed with better TCR, for those who use TC, I do not at all, plus a setting to adjust the initial ramp up hit strength from soft-hard with a few in between choices for the perfect vapor hits that will fit anybody's preference. The RX200 & RX200S both have soft and slow ramp up speed and firing punch. This is a huge issue for me because I've never had such a slow and soft initial hit of vapor before and I've used 20 different V/W 18650 box mods. Also all the Primus' three cells run parallel which means more battery life than the RX200s. Don't suggest LG HG2s, they become way too hot after a few consecutive hits. I think the LG HD4 18650 batteries (25amp, 2100mAH) are best for either mod because if you plan on reaching high wattage for something like a TFV8 Cloud Beast tank and remain able to vape at 140W-170W through your entire battery life, you need a new-gen LG Chem 18650. All of these are no less than 23amps, though no greater than 2100mAH each. LG HB4s are 30amps, 1500mAh or a bit more according to Mooch (1600mAH) and don't drop off voltage as soon as the HB6s that are 32amp 1500mAH according to Mooch with a short lived boost of power and voltage. HD4s beat out the 23amp, 2000mAH (in actuality) Sony VTC4s although I just purchased 3 of both batteries. And Sony is pressuring vendors and retailers of vapor gear to remove their batteries from their sites completely but one or two battery sites have the newest batch of VTC4s with appropriate markings indicating authenticity. Besides, I've tested them so I ordered more since I'm sure they're real. I got mine from imrbatteries.

phager

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2010
Monongahela, PA
Well, just got home from work, and decided to swap the coil. With the new octo coil, the resistance reads where it should. I'm letting the coil set and absorb juice before I go at it, but it looks like I just had a bum coil. I'm a happt camper now!

Sent from my HUAWEI H892L using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bayou14

Nads

Aug 4, 2016
I recently got the TFV8, I've gone through about 5 tank refills in 2 days, which is huge for me!

Anyway, I'm having one issue with it. Was wondering if anyone else is also having a similar issue.

Im running at 95watts generally but have tried various other wattages too!

Problem is that majority of the times (especially when chain vaping) i get a watery taste on the exhale! Its hard to explain but the flavour is initially there and then disappears to a water cloudy flavour! Ive tried various different flavours and all are the same!

is anyone else experiencing something similar?

Nads

Aug 4, 2016
I bit the bullet and got the TFV8 ordered yesterday, not that I needed another tank I have plenty of others just because I can. It should be here tomorrow so I can compare it to the others. I am so glad I diy juice this could be a bad habit LOL.

Great, please let me know your experience with it. Especially after the first 2 days. I feel that chain vaping it at around 85watts quickly changes the flavour from being nice to just ordinary. It just starts tasting like plain watery liquid after and flavour goes missing on the exhale.

But let me know how it works for you.

Nads

Aug 4, 2016
Probably is a bad coil head. It happens. Contact whoever you got it from, they may be able to help oyu out with a replacement coil.

Ah i see, so you have not had this issue still?

I was using the coil head that came with the tank. I also have another which is much higher in ohms, maybe i will try that one aswell. Otherwise i will have to buy more of the lower ohm coils, which are like £5 each!!

Reactions: subohmasaurus

CaponeGiaccone

Mar 8, 2016
I still have the problem. I'm not able to return it because I threw out most of the packaging and haven't authorized it on my account for Smoktech. However, it was a learning experience because the TFV4 has new Cloud Chaser Clapton coils like the TF-T8 .16ohm I run at 120W so there's less eliquid wasted and plenty of life left for the classic TFV4. The TFV8 drank juice too much that I was refilling more than vaping. Terrible in my opinion.

Mrdaputer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
MN
I still have the problem. I'm not able to return it because I threw out most of the packaging and haven't authorized it on my account for Smoktech. However, it was a learning experience because the TFV4 has new Cloud Chaser Clapton coils like the TF-T8 .16ohm I run at 120W so there's less eliquid wasted and plenty of life left for the classic TFV4. The TFV8 drank juice too much that I was refilling more than vaping. Terrible in my opinion.

I have tried all the TFV4 coils and find the V8 to have a little more flavor

Mrdaputer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
MN
I got my TFV8 on Thursday I filled it up and let it sit for about 30 min using the V8 coil. I primed it started out low watts and it leaked bad. I bumped up the watts to about 80 and it still leaked same with more wattage. I run 85% vg or higher so I knew that wasn't the issue. I youtubed it and seen a few tips, one was the leads of the coil not being right. I noticed the bottom part of the coil is removable I took it off looked at the leads seemed fine to me. So I put it back on turned it a couple of turns and put it back together. Not sure why but it stopped leaking. Maybe it was loose from the factory or by turning it a couple of times did something.
I started off low like 80 watts then kept bumping it up to 150. Took it to my battery max of 200. I played with the air flow from wide open to almost closed. My sweet spot is about 134 watts any more and it gets too warm for me, I take about a 3 second draw. I run the air about half open to wide open depending on if I want a tad more flavor or clouds.

Is it worth getting ya maybe so, is it a must upgrade maybe not. I am sure they will be coming out with more coils like they did for it's little brother. You will get a little more flavor and bigger clouds that is for sure. I did noticed I will have to drop my nicotine level down from 3mg cause that hit me like a freight train. It all depends on your vaping funds on to get it or not. You will have to diy for juice or that will break the bank. I have a "I quit smoking fund" I put in about half of what I use to spend on cigs so the money to buy new tanks and mods is not a issue for me. If you don't have the TFV4 I would get the TFV8 for sure.

I forgot to say my out and about tank is the subtank mini .5ohm coil. It is smaller and uses a smaller battery easier to carry and I can stealth vape.

Last edited:

JimZet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2015
I got my TFV8 on Thursday I filled it up and let it sit for about 30 min using the V8 coil. I primed it started out low watts and it leaked bad. I bumped up the watts to about 80 and it still leaked same with more wattage. I run 85% vg or higher so I knew that wasn't the issue. I youtubed it and seen a few tips, one was the leads of the coil not being right. I noticed the bottom part of the coil is removable I took it off looked at the leads seemed fine to me. So I put it back on turned it a couple of turns and put it back together. Not sure why but it stopped leaking. Maybe it was loose from the factory or by turning it a couple of times did something.
I started off low like 80 watts then kept bumping it up to 150. Took it to my battery max of 200. I played with the air flow from wide open to almost closed. My sweet spot is about 134 watts any more and it gets too warm for me, I take about a 3 second draw. I run the air about half open to wide open depending on if I want a tad more flavor or clouds.

Is it worth getting ya maybe so, is it a must upgrade maybe not. I am sure they will be coming out with more coils like they did for it's little brother. You will get a little more flavor and bigger clouds that is for sure. I did noticed I will have to drop my nicotine level down from 3mg cause that hit me like a freight train. It all depends on your vaping funds on to get it or not. You will have to diy for juice or that will break the bank. I have a "I quit smoking fund" I put in about half of what I use to spend on cigs so the money to buy new tanks and mods is not a issue for me. If you don't have the TFV4 I would get the TFV8 for sure.

I forgot to say my out and about tank is the subtank mini .5ohm coil. It is smaller and uses a smaller battery easier to carry and I can stealth vape.
No idea why it leaked for u at the start, mine worked and continues working great without any issues with 50/50 juice.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
b96b8a4cfae6da9bc3f691fed6c3dcfe.jpg

I had the TFV8 on my Cyan RX200s with the supplied .15 ohm coil..Whole mod got rather hot vaping at only 50w..tank was really warm too..out of a abundance of caution I moved it over to my older IPV4... just got this tank an hour ago and breaking in the new coil at lower wattages..when I think it's safe I'll move it back over to one my RX200's...normally I'm a RTA type guy but after hearing what huge clouds this thing is supposed to blow I picked one up free (points) at my local B&M..will see for myself if all the hype is true, lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
I sold my TFV4 stuff long ago, been vaping on my Crown exclusively for a long time, have tons of coils but I am down to one new tank which I just opened tonight (since I have so many coils). Now I have 2 Jaybo DNA200, thinking this tank to try on the other one. So I'm watching for feedback.
Update
Really liking the TFV8 .15 ohm coil on the RX200s..At 125w using 100% VG juice it blows massive clouds and isn't too hot either..
A good cloud beast, for sure lol

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Haven't tried the RBA yet..
310289d758ab4bacf14c58b5d63c0fbf.jpg

However it seems to hit better on the 300w Koopor Primus compared to the 200w RX200s vaping the same .15 ohm V8 coil at the same 125w..
Maybe ramp up time is quicker on the Primus, don't know for sure, lol

Last edited:
Reactions: cigatron

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Haven't tried the RBA yet..
310289d758ab4bacf14c58b5d63c0fbf.jpg

However it seems to hit better on the 300w Koopor Primus compared to the 200w RX200s vaping the same .15 ohm V8 coil at the same 125w..
Maybe ramp up time is quicker on the Primus, don't know for sure, lol

Yeah, probably. My Reuleaux fires the pig fast at 175w in TC mode but it's just too much coil mass for my SX Mini Q Class in TC mode. Only 2 batts and 120 joules with the Q.

Reactions: smacksy

Mrdaputer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
MN
I have had my tank for a little over a week. Still the same great flavor and massive clouds if I want. I have played with the watts and the air flow to see what I like the best. I go through about 15ml a day it is not my only tank and is not stealth friendly lol. I know a lot depends on the watts and the juice you use but was wondering how long the coils are lasting? At about 6 bucks a pop I am hopping to get 2 to 3 weeks out of them that would be about 300 ml.

Reactions: smacksy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread