Smok TFV8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewart Jarvis-Grove

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2016
Lincolnshire, UK
Thanks Tony, if i don't hold the vapor i get some pretty impressive clouds. My lungs capacity for absorbing vapor is incredible :blink:

But wow does this thing rock through juice! To remedy that i've bought 200ml of VG from the local chemist this morning, drawn out 25ml, transferred 5ml of nicotine and 20ml of distilled water and i'll vape that for a bit ;)

Reactions: Pheric

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Finished my second week with the Big Baby TFV8 and I have to say that I'm impressed.
I spent a little time with the two pre-made coils it came with but moved quickly onto the RBA as that was why I bought it. I cooked off the first coil by putting too much power through it, and used the second for about a week at around 50 watts. Quite good flavor and vapor production but turbulent airflow when you dial it down below 25%.

I wicked up the RBA with spaced clapton it came with. Average flavor and quite good vapor density, but crackly and harsh.
I pulled those coils and replaced them with a dual 9 wrap 3mm SS round wire build. Poor flavor, turbulent airflow and dry hits unless under 40 watts. Even with the wicks super short it still wasn't wicking correctly.
I pulled that build and replaced with dual 2.5mm 26/32 contact claptons and relatively heavy wicking, coils nice and close to the air-holes.
Happy days. Great flavor, dense vapor and lovely smooth airflow. Good up to 80 watts, best around 58 with the AFC open about a quarter. Finally a tank on par with an RDA, I didn't think I would ever say that.

The only issue so far is that with the RBA installed, the positive pin on the base gets pushed really far out. To the point where it did not screw down flush onto most of my devices. I filed a millimeter or so off the top of the pin and it's good to go now.

jgCtpCE.jpg

Stewart Jarvis-Grove

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2016
Lincolnshire, UK
I've just had a go at wicking for the very first time and it's worked! :eek: :cool: :thumb: :thumbs::headbang:

I dug out the RBA for the cloud beast and popped in the bit of cotton that came with it. My mod is saying it's 0.28ohms. What i'm wondering is what wattage i can take it up to without getting burnt hits. Does anyone have any idea?

Vukmir

Jul 13, 2017
I have been using big baby beast tfv8 for a long time and i must say premade coils are the ....tiest ever. If you use in recommended wattage range they will burn in 48 hours, if below recommended around 4 days max without muting flavor. I have very selective tastebuds and cant stand it more than 4 days because when u open it up, you will see how messed up cotton will get after 2 days. Btw, i never vape colored juice, its always fruity and transparent white. I vape %80 vg.

One more thing about big baby beast is the lack of rba. If you want an rba, you will have to use baby beast tank because they dont sell anywhere the required glass tube for big baby beast.

I would recommend to stay away from it and get cleito(never tried but coils are very well made)

taric2000

Moved On
Jul 13, 2017
  • Deleted by classwife

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I have been using big baby beast tfv8 for a long time and i must say premade coils are the ....tiest ever. If you use in recommended wattage range they will burn in 48 hours, if below recommended around 4 days max without muting flavor. I have very selective tastebuds and cant stand it more than 4 days because when u open it up, you will see how messed up cotton will get after 2 days. Btw, i never vape colored juice, its always fruity and transparent white. I vape %80 vg.

One more thing about big baby beast is the lack of rba. If you want an rba, you will have to use baby beast tank because they dont sell anywhere the required glass tube for big baby beast.

I would recommend to stay away from it and get cleito(never tried but coils are very well made)
Huh?

I bought a 10 pack of BBB RBA glass tanks for something like $3 at Fasttech. Not sure what you mean about a lack of an RBA and replacement glasses.

Also, I get about a month out of a prebuilt baby coil at the low end of the recommended wattage. I think they are amazing coils.

To each their own...

Vukmir

Jul 13, 2017
Can you link me that? Are they for big baby beast? Rba for baby beast and tfv8 regular is super easy to find i am looking for big baby beast with rba glass.

About coils, when you are done with them tear apart and check inside the coil, you will see things you wish ud never seen. Big baby beast drip tip gathers all the dust in there, plus they have little cotton compared to the power its going through. Thats why i am saying they are not well designed and they wont last without muting flavor

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Can you link me that? Are they for big baby beast? Rba for baby beast and tfv8 regular is super easy to find i am looking for big baby beast with rba glass.

About coils, when you are done with them tear apart and check inside the coil, you will see things you wish ud never seen. Big baby beast drip tip gathers all the dust in there, plus they have little cotton compared to the power its going through. Thats why i am saying they are not well designed and they wont last without muting flavor
Will do. I am away until Tues, but will go thru my FT orders or look for the part number on the package when I am home.

IIRC, they are hard to find due to the poor description.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada

BTW, you are correct re: the coils getting gummed up due to the large drip tip opening for sure.

I vaped part of a mosquito while camping a couple weeks ago. :nah: The air flow slots are huge as well and can collect dust and anything else in your pocket. ;)

Pheric

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
www.elegomall.com
Still have the V8 with the coil that came installed... Been about a week now running 100% VG at 125w...massive clouds and it still hits awesome..
In fact I like it so much I just ordered another one...hope this coil lasts a month or so..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
my boss gave a the Smok X Baby with 3%nic inside, 80 watts then chock me to death X(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread