Smok tfv8

Status
Not open for further replies.

zjames7

Jul 29, 2016
hi i just bought this smok tfv8. I woke up this morning and filled my tank up and couldn't seal it back together. I look down at it and the little bar that goes under the other bar wouldn't go under. so I looked around on the top and I noticed a little pin sticking up. Out of no where this happens I don't know what to do I've been looking for help and nobody's had this problem so if anybody could give me some tips that would be great. it just pisses me off because I paid good money for this tank and I just got it and this happens and I can't even put it in my pocket without juice leaking all over and on top of it all my coils are leaking. i'm starting to think this "cloud beast" is just a piece of .....

did you unscrew the top to fill it, or pivot the top cap over?
I don't have the TFV8, but have a couple TFV4's. Never had the issue you describe.
It sounds like you unscrewed the top cap.

If so, put the juice (if you can) back into the bottle or another tank.
Remove both the top cap and bottom, that holds the atomizer.
Remove the atomizer, and rinse the base out. You probably had juice leak into the base.
Wipe down the glass tube, make sure you don't have lint or hair on the edges.
Inspect the base and top gaskets.
To re-assemble, put the top cap onto the glass, making sure it is seated fully.
Put your coil back on the base, then screw the base/coil assembly into place. The coil screws into the top cap, make sure it is going on straight, and is not cross threaded.

To fill, pivot the top cap over.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
so I looked around on the top and I noticed a little pin sticking up

First, welcome to ECF!

I just got my TFV8 a couple days ago and have had a TFV4 and a couple mini's for some time. First thing I noticed with the TFV8 is how tight the "clasp" is on the swivel top. But with a bit of downward pressure just as it closes, it seems to snap into place more then the others.

If by "the little pin" you are referring to the pin the cap pivots on, I have not seen that on any of my SMOK's. Was it that way from the start or after working with it to close the fill cap? I'm guessing by your post, returning it is not an option. If so, I would follow afishhunter's direction on breaking it down, then see if you can come up with a way to "press" the pin down flush. Maybe with vise grips and using washers or coins (something like that) between the jaws and the cap/pin.

I just thought too, if the pin is sticking up on one side, it would have to show the hole it is supposed to fill on the other side. Otherwise, the pin may be sheared, or close to it. In that case, replacement parts may be your only option.

Sorry, but that is all I got and no, I have never heard of this before. Good luck!

NYCVape

Aug 30, 2016
I have had nothing but trouble with SMOK tanks and their X-Cube box mod. Maybe it is just my bad luck. The box mod wouldn't take a charge after about a week, no biggie -- pull the batteries out and charge them. Two TVF4's leaked like a newborn baby. I'd vape on 'em for a few days -- go to refill and the liquid is dripping out about as fast as I am adding it. Figured I had one bum atomizer, ordered another, same story.

I'll never buy a SMOK product again.

Joshua DeMott

Sep 28, 2016
The tanks require a very firm push to seat over the seals which is good because it makes a very tight seal. I had some issues getting the tank figured out as well and went to the local vape shop and they took it apart and pushed the tank the rest of the way onto the seals so that the entire top and bottom seals are completely covered by the glass tank and now it's awesome. I've rebuilt it two times now and both times i seated it just fine now knowing it requires a firm push to ensure the tank is completely covering the seals. I can show pictures or video of myself rebuilding it if you would like and i can also vid chat with you to help you solve your problem too if ya have skype and are comfortable doing so. I have no idea what pin you are describing that's in the way. I'm sure we can figure it out though, I'm pretty happy with my atomizer it never leaks or anything so far. -Josh

NYCVape

Aug 30, 2016
...I've rebuilt it two times now and both times i seated it just fine now knowing it requires a firm push to ensure the tank is completely covering the seals. I can show pictures or video of myself rebuilding it if you would like .... -Josh

I really appreciate that. I have to find the tanks (may have tossed them in disgust)

THanks for the kind offer and I'll ping you back soon.

VaporDaze

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2015
Denver, CO
Had mine for a couple months and love the bad boy, no issues to report here. Top lid snaps into place and never comes loose like the v4 did for me, never leaks out the AFC. I do prefer the V6 coils though, air flow isn't quite as restricted as the V8, better flavor for me, doesn't seem to burn up as quick, and every last bit of juice I can squeeze in the thing the better since the V6 is a smaller coil haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread