Smok VCT diy tips/tutorial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteowl84

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2016
In my experience those little rebuildable heads are really frustrating and don't work very well once done properly.
A drop in tank can be just that and an RTA can offer a prebuilt solution but I've never seen a subohm tank with a drop in rebuild deck that worked well.
When I started it was using the RBA head on my crown tank and I hated it. Always either too tight or leaking and when I made it work it was a horrible vape. Then I got an RTA and nailed it first time.
Usually when you can't find info on something it's because there was no demand for the product or the tutorial.

If it came with something pre-installed I'd try to replicate that.
It should at minimum have instructions with a picture of what it should look like.

Reactions: ChelsB

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Pull the center pin and the grommet out. Pull the old coils out. Drop the new coils in, and fold the legs from one side back. Install the grommet over the two legs still pointing out. Install the center pin. Trim all legs very flush. Position coils. Wick. Prime. Install. Vape.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Pull the center pin and the grommet out. Pull the old coils out. Drop the new coils in, and fold the legs from one side back. Install the grommet over the two legs still pointing out. Install the center pin. Trim all legs very flush. Position coils. Wick. Prime. Install. Vape.

As always, THANK YOU for the prompt help, Shawn!

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Why are the coils that come with this black on the coil end? And are these the only kind that would work?
b14dd9d3579f8fdbde239fffa1fd88eb.jpg

Reactions: Izan

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
NR-R-NR is the common term.
The coil is welded to non resistance wire legs (shiny parts).
It appears so, but I don't have one to confirm.
Replacements can be purchased in the US or from China.

Have fun
I

thanks! Sorry if this is obvious, but do I need to buy the NR wire for them to work (when I run out of the ones that came with the coils)? Or will regular kanthal work?

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California