SMOK Xpro M80 Plus how the failure rate and are 80watts necessary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
For most folks and setups, I'd say 50 watts is plenty. However, if you have a high performance sub ohm tank like the Freemax Starre/Vapeston Maganus (identical tanks), you'll see a noticeable difference between the 50 and 80 watt settings. That tank could actually handle 100 watts just fine. Anything beyond that is probably overkill for anything that's not some insanely powerful RBA/RDA/RTA with some insane coils.

DatguyRay

Mar 11, 2015
New Jersey
Thanks Cloudmann & BAOdoubleT

For most folks and setups, I'd say 50 watts is plenty. However, if you have a high performance sub ohm tank like the Freemax Starre/Vapeston Maganus (identical tanks), you'll see a noticeable difference between the 50 and 80 watt settings.

Ohh so basically only on high performance sub ohm tanks?

I ordered the M80 with the Joytek Delta 2 and Eleaf Lemo and Kanger Subtank Plus 6ml tanks.

Would there be any difference when vapping on them at 80watts. The delta 2 is rated at 15-30 watts. as far as I know. So does that mean it won't do good at 60-70watts?

btw if it were for the looks I would've gotten the IStick 50Watts. I just thought more equals better.

Wish you a woderful day guys.

Last edited:

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
With the Lemo, it's all really going to depend on your coil build. Ditto for the Delta II and Subtank RBA setups. With the Delta stock coils, you can probably go with 50 watts with no huge issues. The Kanger occ coils kind of begin to poop out with wicking at around 35-40 or so watts.

With beasty wattage, you need a beasty setup. And vice versa. Otherwise, what's the point of either.

DatguyRay

Mar 11, 2015
New Jersey
The Kanger occ coils kind of begin to poop out with wicking at around 35-40 or so watts.

Thank you in that case I might consider rmaing that one.

With beasty wattage, you need a beasty setup. And vice versa. Otherwise, what's the point of either.

Course, your right. that makes sense.

I just wanted to share my experiences with the product line. As with everything on the interwebz, YMMV.
My results may vary I know nothing is the same, thank you for your input. :)

I have M50, M65 and istick 50, really prefer the istick for battery life and seems to hit harder. Fire button on M50 acts up sometimes, but all of them are good.
Thanks, i will condider that, Ic an still rma the Smok M80 Plus. So if it doesn't suit me I'll go get the iStick50watt.

Should be my first setup and I think im good to go with that. I was considering to go for the Sigelei 150watt but i dropped that idea.
Regarding hitting harder thats also what Vapingwithtwisted described when he reviewed the smok m50 sigelei 50 and istick 50

here's the video: https://youtu.be/bxfL7PlUwdk?t=11m48s

ashton4life

Feb 22, 2015
Miami, Fl
I've had the Smok Xpro M65 now for 3 weeks and it works great on my Aqua v2, Kayfun V4, Eleaf Lemo and Orchid v4. I range from 25 to 45 watts and chuck the vapor. If your going to use a killer RDA with a crazy coil build that needs more then 65 watts then go for something in the 100 watt range. I'm waiting for my first RDA to come in so I can max out to 65 watts. I predict I may not like such a hot vape but I will give it a shot. As others said the button needs to be pushed straight on or it may not fire. I believe the included silicon button fixes that issue, haven't used it yet to know for sure. But yes, the M65 is a nice small light mod and my battery last all day and night for me. I have never drained the battery completely yet and I vape a lot. I believe I have the LG HE5 20amp battery.

Last edited:

DatguyRay

Mar 11, 2015
New Jersey
Thanks crocosurfer

I love internal batteries ..no need to buy anything else..plug and go!

Here same :)

PS the eleaf is ideal with your choice of tanks

dayum, should have gotten the Eleaf IStick 50watts instead it was me thinking more wattage equals better performance.
Though I just now noticed I don't have any high performance attys.

And does the IStick hit noticeably harder like dashreeve described?

Kayfun V4, Eleaf Lemo

Would you say the Eleaf Lemo is a Kayfun killer? Well i also watched this one. That's the whole reason why I ordered the Lemo instead of a Kayfun Infinity Clone.

Eleaf Lemo Review - R.I.P. Kayfun and Others - VapingwithTwisted420
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uQJUWg6nZE

Last edited:

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
"Are 80 watts necessary?"

That's a question that can only be answered by the individual vaper. I've pushed my builds and my devices to their limits, just because, but I am perfectly happy lately with two builds I'm running, one at 16 watts, and the other around 20. So for me, 80 watts isn't "necessary", but I will probably get a higher powered device just because.

I almost bought that xbox instead of the istick 50. It has a long delay i heard right before you take a vape. i just went with 50 watt istick also the tem control doesnt work on it,

Are you mistaking the temperature protection with temperature control on the istick? It does have a safety feature that will turn it off if the board reaches a certain temperature (70C? That seems to ring a bell) but there's no temperature control, unfortunately.

MagicJosh

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2015
Boston, MA, USA
"Are 80 watts necessary?"

That's a question that can only be answered by the individual vaper. I've pushed my builds and my devices to their limits, just because, but I am perfectly happy lately with two builds I'm running, one at 16 watts, and the other around 20. So for me, 80 watts isn't "necessary", but I will probably get a higher powered device just because.

Are you mistaking the temperature protection with temperature control on the istick? It does have a safety feature that will turn it off if the board reaches a certain temperature (70C? That seems to ring a bell) but there's no temperature control, unfortunately.

Temp protection i think : Pbusardo and mikevapes etc..did a test on youtube where it burned the wick (cotton) The vaporshark did not. The vapor shark will not let out a burned hit. but the others will. Flask clone also didnt work well. Sorry for the mixup. The iStick does not have this feature. But does have the safety feature.

I almost bought that Smok M80 Plus instead of the istick 50.But the Smok M80 Plus has a long delay ,i heard right before you take a vape. I just went with 50 watt istick, also Smok M80 Plus temp protection control doesn't work on it. In tests on dry cotton the cotton would light on fire and shows how dangerous mods can be. The Vaporshark showed no burn whatsoever. Its the safest on the market. Sorry i just wanted to be more understanding.

Burn Tests
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdS-NczPZbQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxKqvsHJ_Xw

Last edited:

DatguyRay

Mar 11, 2015
New Jersey
I almost bought that xbox

Whats an xbox? Did you mean the SMOK Xpro M80 Plus?/ just read you meant the smok

But the Smok M80 Plus has a long delay ,i heard right before you take a vape

What do you mean by long delay? I got the smok delivered today and absolutely no delay. I dont get what you mean?

The only downside you can't adjust the volts on the SMOK!

Theres only TEMP Mode, Mech Mode, and Wattage Mode.

Here's a video : Check that vapor: brandon did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhOj8cTLsdc

Last edited:

DatguyRay

Mar 11, 2015
New Jersey
Regarding battery life, mine lasted only a day. Heavy Vaper here.

But Vaped it only at 17-21 Watts max. on a Lemo prebuilt 1,0 Ohm and a Delta 2 at 0,5 prebuilt coil.

Now after 3 weeks it is broken, shows on the screen: No Atomizer
yep, builts work on another device

I wouldn't recommend it a friend had his for almost 2 weeks before it died on him. And another Youtuber called DJLsb Vapes (i think) had his fourth reviewed device died after some use.

here the link to the tube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QegRLjcjKkM

Attachments

• hi.jpg
    hi.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread