SMOK XPro M80 problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sykriss

Apr 1, 2014
Hudson, FL, USA
I finally decided to buy a box mod as my mech wasn't able to deliver the power my Delta II was truly craving. After receiving it, it worked very well with my Delta and all my Kanthal atomizers, but when I tried the temperature control, it was unacceptable. Took over five seconds for it to get up to temp! So I researched the problem online and found out about the software update that supposedly fixed the problem. Got the .hex file and the program, updated it with no problems. The temperature control now works fine, but my damn + button does absolutely nothing now! I cannot turn up the wattage in wattage mode, and it does not work in any menus, nor does it wake the device up. It acts as if the button simply is not there. I can still switch the device to mech mode and that still works fine, my .2 ohm atomizer fired at around 65w without issues and my .35 fired at roughly 45. I have contacted smok about the problem and they claim that my boost IC chip is damaged. How could a software update cause my boost IC chip to fail? And if it has failed, why does the device still work fine in mech mode where it STILL has to boost the voltage over 4v? I am very unhappy with their customer service, all I asked for was a factory .hex so I could revert the changes. So here are my two questions. Has anyone else encountered this problem? And would anyone be kind enough to upload their original .hex so I can attempt to fix this shoddy update? Thanks a bunch.

boandlkramer

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2014
Germany
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428827634.978793.jpg

Pretty happy with mine. Love that it lasts all day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Animekid161

May 8, 2015
Does the Smok XPRO M80 come with a 2amp charger or is it 1A. Either way how long is the charge time from dead/near dead to fully charged. Ordered one on 4/29 from Gear Best. Still hasn't shipped yet. Seriously can't wait, for 11 months of vaping my most powerful device has been a 15W Max VTR.

Ive had mine last for two days heavy vaping with a .6 ohm coil. When it went dead it took about 3 hours to fully charge. I have the newest release of the device and have had zero issues with it other than mech mode.

SacredNut

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2014
Sanford, FL
Ive had mine last for two days heavy vaping with a .6 ohm coil. When it went dead it took about 3 hours to fully charge. I have the newest release of the device and have had zero issues with it other than mech mode.

I know it comes with the cable, do you need the wall USB port part to be a higher end 2amp version, to get the most benefit/faster charge time. Or is the cable itself special and any Wall USB to outlet is the same?

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
Sad to say but after just 3 1/2 months of use it has bricked. It was working well and I only used it in power mode since I never liked the way it proformed TC. Any atty I put on it now it reads it as shorted. I've done everything I can think of to try to correct this but nothing has worked. I conntacted where I purchased it and they did give me a credit minus 15% which is fine with me considering I been using it for a while.Since I'm passed the warranty I took it apart and the board has a burnt smell to it but all the functions work. I'm able to change the wattage, change the modes, and even charge it but when I put an atty on it it doesn't work.

I'm happy that this was a cheap buy but, I guess you get what you pay for! Now I have to figure out if I can use the box and the LiPo batteries to build something else it's just I've never messed with LiPo's before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread