Smoke Tech Black Ego Battery won't charge?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jodi Puffs Alot

Apr 13, 2011
Missouri
I received my ego batteries in the mail yesterday and I quickly went to my usb ego charger.

I screwed the first one on and the light was still green so I screwed on the second one, same thing. Thought ok.....they may be charged?? Put on my atty and NOTHING. WTH??

So now I have two batteries that don't charge and don't work on any of my ego products. I am sooooo confused and flustered!!!!!

Anyone have the same problem or is it just me??

lilfarmtruck

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2010
MO
I LOVE my Smok Tech Ego clone batts....

BUT this is what I have discovered....

I MUST use the charger that CAME with the Smok Tech Ego clone batts.

So far everything is great. I use the charger that came with my KIT as apposed to any other Ego charger that I may have already have on hand.

Please, if you use the "Smok Tech" Ego clone batts, do yourself a favor and USE the charger that comes with them. Do not "try" to use your Joyetech Ego charger. Please if you dont already have the appropriate charger contact Madvapes and ask for assistance.

The folks there will be more than happy to assist you! They are a GREAT bunch of people!

Last edited:

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
My sister gave me a gold one of these from madvapes just today because she couldn't charge it with her ego charger and it wouldn't make a connection with the smoke tech attys. I lifted the center post a little bit with a pair of forceps. I'm charging it right this moment with my ego charger. The threads are a little deeper than a standard ego, but I would recommend against sanding the neck down. 510 stuff gets its air from two little holes in hte atty or carto just above the threads. Then the air comes through the notches at the top of the threaded neck. Sanding that down would remove the notches.

So, the solution is raise the center post just a little bit with some tweezers, a forceps, or maybe a very small flat blade screwdriver (if you can get a little leverage). It doesn't need to move much, just a little bit.

I didn't bring my truck home today, so my multimeters are all at work, but I'm pretty sure these are unregulated. Judging by the difference in vapor between this batt and a regular ego batt with an ego mega atty, I'm sure this puts out more than 3.2v. The switch acts the same, though. When you release the button, it keeps firing for half a second or so afterwards just like an ego.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread