Smoke tfv4 Problem help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Dawson

Sep 27, 2016
I Seem to be having a problem when I refill my tank, I get a burnt taste but after a while the taste returns to normal, I am using a 0.30 clapton dual coil at the moment. Does anyone know why this is happening.

I have had in in for nearly a week and progressively gone up in wattage to the 60 watt mark on the actual coil. It's not a huge deal just more of an annoyance.

gotch23

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Fukuoka, Japan
Back off the power a little. Still get a burnt taste once in a while?
Back off some more.

Depending on how much you're vaping, the coil (more precise the cotton part of the coil)
just might be shot. Time to change it.

But try backing off the power a little first. Usually these coils perform the best somewhat
under their stated power limit.

Reactions: djsvapour

Tom Dawson

Sep 27, 2016
are you presoaking the wick?... ( Im assuming you are using the RTA deck)
Yeh I do that everytime. It only happened after a few days, It just confuses me that the burnt taste only comes when I refill it, after a few pulls it is back to normal. Could be that I am a chain vapour. I usually need the flavour to destroy my throat before I feel satisfied, Otherwise I will have a vape, put it down for maybe 5-10 seconds them I am at it again most of the day.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
It just confuses me that the burnt taste only comes when I refill it, after a few pulls it is back to normal
Sounds like the wick(s) are not fully saturated with juice. Could experiment and take a few short drags for how many minutes it takes to stop the burnt taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread