SmokeStik Ultra (eGo style) beta test thread.....post your findings here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Hi everyone.....we are looking at aprrox 2weeks....then 10 of you will be getting free kits...woohoo!!! The rest of you will be getting a new tank and a small surprise.

We are going to have to update our free shipping policy because of the low cost of these Ultra products. To give free shipping on a $7 item just doesn't make good business sense and we are not big enough to be able to afford it. So we will be going to a $50 minimum system...spend $50 and get free shipping...BUT.....the paid shipping will be only exactly what the post office charges us and folks will be given the option of First Class instead of Priority. One of the only good things the USPS has done lately is give tracking to ALL packages now....including first class. Of course we will also have the usual 10% discount code and special codes for higher discounts for ECF people. Just know that SmokeStik never makes any money when charging shipping. We are still charging 4.95 for priority and it cost's us $5.25.

Cat I'm sorry to hear your coil broke. I use two pairs of channel locks on mine with no problems and in fact today I had to bend part of it back into shape...lol. I guess we just have to live with a certain failure rate no matter how good something is. I am surprised to hear the Kanger coil fit????? I mean it's great if they do....like I said we did not intend for other coils not to fit. I'll have to dig through my stuff and see if I have some of those. The problem is like someone mentioned about ebay...I have bought "kanger" coils from stores I know and trust just to get a handful of coils thrown in a baggie. No way would Kanger sell them like that. So it's hard to know sometimes.

Thanks for sticking around folks!!! I know it's hard to wait when nothing is going . I really appreciate it.

tick22

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Vanceboro, NC
I would say, your coil has outlasted most. I mean, most of us change out coils and clean or what not every so often. With yours, I just kept using it with a rise every so often. So heck yes, it is a hell of a coil...
Thanks for the new information. I always check the thread just to hear how the others are doing.

Even if nothing was given out to us, to me, just being able to beta test this little jewel was worth it alone...

You are right on the free shipping, you have to set a limit before you can do it. Maybe when you guys are bigger or on certain sales you can do the free shipping thing, but for now, I understand...

Sue1971

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
Mass
I too love this tank, just remade a fresh coil on it, (back to silica) I was using cotton. But missed the original coil so I wanted to replicate it. :) and I think I've got it...lol

Even though at first I thought this was an airy tank, I grew to love it. This tank is very rarely off my battery.

Also your shipping is very reasonable, do what works for you :)

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
Mine is rarely off my battery too, though I now have two ego's in addition to an Astro clone.

It is still my favorite of all of my smaller tanks & all of the larger except one & performs quite well, even with 50/50 blend, though I'm changing over one by one to 70/30 & 65/35 PG/VG ratio. There is one final coil that has lasted 3/4 of the way through the bottle w/out changing, a Relax Pina Colada e-juice. No discoloration of the blend either. I would like to see if switching over leads to longer coil life.

I also believe that it'll compete well against the EVOD, of which many vendors are still carrying. There will always be those who will buy the knockoofs due to price, but really, what's two or three of extra dollars for quality? I have one of these that was given to me & is the one that I keep for when company (a couple of persons in particular) comes by, if they want something to vape, put my least liked e-juices in to get rid of. Freeloaders can't be picky.

That one also happens to be the one that gets leaky at times & goes through coils like mad, though that may be due to the e-juices, The ones with the cologne or chemical taste are the ones that tends to gunk coils the worst, or so that's been my experience. Here's the one I'm referring to, piece of junk.

$3.32 RGM2 Bottom Coil Clearomizer (2.0mL) - glass tank / 2.2ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Cat

atisa

May 7, 2014
NC, USA
I'm still loving my tank! The dry burn cleaning was just the trick I needed to bring the clean taste back to it. I use it about 90% daily. I have to change up my flavors occasionally during the day and I'll be so glad when they become available for purchase. Though my Aspire BDC has gotten better for me... it still doesn't compare to this Ultra Tank. Thanks again for letting me join this beta. You folks over at SmokeStick have a winner with this for sure!

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
hey peeps!!!! Well we are getting ready to launch our website as soon as the Ultra shipment gets here...hopefully late next week. I need a favor from all of you or anyone who sees this.....these are four different color schemes .....just tell me which one you like best if if you have a reason...tell me what it is.

http://www.smokestik.com/ultra/ultra-home-dark.jpg

http://www.smokestik.com/ultra/ultra-home-light-smoke-grey.jpg

http://www.smokestik.com/ultra/ultra-home-light-smoke-blue.jpg

http://www.smokestik.com/ultra/ultra-home-light.jpg

Just go ahead and post your comments right here in this thread. Thanks so much!!!!

atisa

May 7, 2014
NC, USA
I took a look at all of them and I think option #3 (blue) is the best one of the selections. Here's my thoughts on each:

1. Dark: Looks nice... however, it is hard to read the smaller print and the red pricing strains the eyes.

2. Grey: Looks good. The background is a little too light. It makes the dark colors seem off and too bright. Strains eyes after a few minutes of looking at it.

3. Blue: This is perfection! Not too dark nor too light. Colors blend nicely together. Very easy to read both small and large print. Pleasing to the eyes with no eye strain which allows for longer viewing.

4. Light: It's just eh, ok. The stark white background hurts the eyes and causes major strain which makes me squint. It was almost like being blinded by the bright sunshine.

Hope that helps some.

Sue1971

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
Mass
After opening them all and then switching from each page. The page the page that shows the detail most of the pictures and was most easy on my eyes. was the ultra-home-light-smoke-blue.

Everyone has different monitors so each person may see these colors and pages a little more different than the other.

Just my opinion though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread