Status
Not open for further replies.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Sorry to disappoint but each has its own advantages.
Knowing how to use each makes a great difference in final results.
I have No issues with any of my delivery systems once I familiarize myself and adapt things as needed. Turns out some are good at worst and many are excellent.

The Pyrex tank has -0- nada - nothing to do with Vapor production:
e-liquid Blend
Available Power
Delivery Device wicking capability

Some times you need a 1 hole Carto, sometimes you need Dual Slots to get things flowing. :D

Last edited:

Tebo

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2012
Kelowna British Columbia
The protank is the first I ever used that I can take a direct lung hit off of. The throat hit for me is just a slight scratchiness.

Your experience may vary, and advocating one device over the other can o ly be a personal opinion. ;)

haha so for the smoketech DCT your throat hit must be non existant?

I'm getting super thin smoke from my DCT with default cart atm, and a non existant th :p

ghostworld

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2013
Hamilton, ON
haha so for the smoketech DCT your throat hit must be non existant?

I'm getting super thin smoke from my DCT with default cart atm, and a non existant th :p

Buy some boge cartos for the tank. It's not the tank that sucks, its the carto that comes with it. The cartos only last about 5 days or so anyways so you need to keep a bunch on hand if you're going to be using tanks all the time.

Nicadmus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Portland, Oregon, United States
hmm... wonder if that is what fasttech sold me??

does your's look like this one?? https://www.fasttech.com/products/1336002

Curious..

That really is an authentic X8 that Fasttech is selling. The Smoktech Pyrex tanks are different.

Smoktech Pyrex Tanks:
Smoktech 510 Pyrex (DCT) Tank

In case of vapor production and throat hit, I agree with the above poster in that the tank itself has no effect on those two things. It's the cartomizer itself that would make the difference. Perhaps try filling/priming your carto first, and take a few pulls off of that before fully assembling the tank. If you don't get much throat hit or vapor, it could be a bad carto, not enough power to the carto, to high of resistance, etc. If it's working to your satisfaction, then go ahead and slide it into your carto tank, fill, and vape away.

Tebo

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2012
Kelowna British Columbia
Buy some boge cartos for the tank. It's not the tank that sucks, its the carto that comes with it. The cartos only last about 5 days or so anyways so you need to keep a bunch on hand if you're going to be using tanks all the time.

I also got 15 boge carto's for the tank. I just got it all though so I used the default carto. I am hearing the default carto's are crap yes & that could be why. It's weird, most of the problems I hear with the default cart is it don't get juice into it enough, mine is draining as quick as an iClear30 on it, but still lacking vapor production

I will try the boge's, but damn smoketech carto's sure do suck

Rodeorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
Guthrie, OK
I'm in opposite world. I've finally got some decent flavor out of the KPT, but had to trick it out with ribbon kanthal, cotton wicks, and lower ohm coils. It still doesn't touch my Smok DCT (pyrex) or EVODs for flavor, with the stock carto. I will admit the KPT gives a little more vapor, but the V1 has more than enough for me, for TH, and definitely flavor. In fact, most I've read on here concurs that KPTs mute flavor.
I'd bet an extra hole in the carto will help with TH and vapor.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
hmm... wonder if that is what fasttech sold me??

does your's look like this one?? https://www.fasttech.com/products/1336002

Curious..
The X8 is not the Smoktech Pyrex...
Smoktech%20Glass%20DCT%20Tube.jpg

This is another item I don't have issues with... have 2 of them, bought without cartos as I have my preference. Working great!

Turnkeys

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
SW Washington State
I just switched from DC to single coil tank cartos. Picked up 10 from Altsmoke, and so far 2 out of the first box have been disapointing.. First one was so bad I pitched it in disgust. They are smoketechs, and I've been reading mixed reviews. I've used the regular smoketech cartos, dual-coils, and they performed as expected; though the dual coils seemed to mute the flavor.

While I mull over what RBA's I want to try, does anyone have any tips to improve performance on stubborn carto's? Either they're wicking too fast, causing leakage, nor barely wicking, giving me dry hits.

Thanks much.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Thanks for all the replies. I am sure it probably is my default carto since you all are saying good things about the tank.

I have replacement carts I can use :). I will let ya know how it works with boge carto's later. I am sure it will be better!

Any problem (other than leaking around the seals) attributed to ANY carto tank lies solely in the carto itself. Think about it, all the "tank" is, is just a way to allow the carto to hold more juice and go longer between refills. The tank itself does nothing for vapor production, TH, or flavor. ALL of that is controlled by the carto itself. So bottom line is find a carto you like and then add a tank to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread