Smokeymizers = 0/10 VERY ANGRY !!!! NEVER AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorRiboh

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2011
UK and Ireland
So it all started with Youtube vids of the mythical smokeymizer, the wonderful hybrid of tanks and cartomizers ...or so I thought..

To my delight, a nice package arrived today with 5 brand new Smokeymizers, so I read the instructions and proceeded to inject the liquid into the Smokeymizer into the correct hole and within seconds it all came pouring out the other side,
my battery is drenched and it went all over the button and now I'm angry , I thought it was just 1 bad one , I tried another with a different liquid, exactly the same thing, I'm not that stupid to go ahead and try the other 3.
These are not cheap and if you can't sell a product that works then you shouldn't be allowed to sell it in the first place, my battery is now damaged , 2 half bottles of juice have just been wasted on tissue paper over my desk, and the 2 smokeymizers are now sitting on top of my juice bottles dripping back what I can salvage from this disaster.

Some people who have responded to this thread have since mentioned that you are supposed to fill it with the silicone caps on the battery end in order for it to act as a vacuum.
I will admit that I did not try that. However; this was nowhere to be mentioned in the instructions.
It is not something I am supposed to guess, so I refuse to take responsibility over this.

Additional edit.

I just checked the instructions AGAIN just to make sure that I didn't end up looking like a complete ...... and there it was , the exact same way that I filled mine, upright and capless.
You can't blame me for doing it wrong.

Last edited:

PsychOfMSE

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2011
Lexington, KY
Lol, did you have a carto condom on the battery end of the smokymizer as you were filling it? If you don't, all the liquid you put in the top will flood out the bottom.

Think of when you put your finger on top of a straw and pull it out if a drink. The liquid stays in.

The smokymizer is a straw and the top bung is the finger holding the liquid in. If you take that bung out you better have a carto condom on it.

Don't trash a product if you do not know how to properly use it.

Last edited:

bryansthl

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2011
PA
Your suppose to put the rubber cap that comes with them on the bottom of the cartomizer wile your filling them when the little rubber stopper is put back in then you can take the rubber cap off the bottom of the cartomizer. It will not leak every where if you do that.

But if you read the instructions you would have known that. If the rubber stopper is out it will leak out the bottom.

DoctorRiboh

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2011
UK and Ireland
it's after I dried it off and refilled it that it went all over my battery dripping from the inside, and it didn't say anywhere on the instructions that you need to bung it.

This is something they should have mentioned as now I got juice all over my battery.

I will edit the post then out of benefit of the doubt, but the fact remains this was a disaster for me.

DoctorRiboh

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2011
UK and Ireland
Lol, did you have a carto condom on the battery end of the smokymizer as you were filling it? If you don't, all the liquid you put in the top will flood out the bottom.

Think of when you put your finger on top of a straw and pull it out if a drink. The liquid stays in.

The smokymizer is a straw and the top bung is the finger holding the liquid in. If you take that bung out you better have a carto condom on it.

Don't trash a product if you do not know how to properly use it.

Right but what happens when you take the rubber cap off and put it in your PV ? you mean to tell me that it remained dry ?

PsychOfMSE

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2011
Lexington, KY
Right but what happens when you take the rubber cap off and put it in your PV ? you mean to tell me that it remained dry ?

As soon as you put that little black bung back in after you are done filling it up you can take the carto condom off and put it back on your pv.

Devonmoonshire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Diego, CA
WOW, I have had a total of 20 of these from Hitliquid.com and not one of them has done this except when I tried to fill it to fast. I did notice that if I inject the liquid too fast it will all come pouring out the bottom, but if I do it nice and slow it holds just fine. I also noticed that if I do not replace the little rubber plug for the fill hole and then try to vape it it will do the same thing.

I really hope your other three work better, my only suggestion is to try filling it nice and slow;
Sincerely and with happy Thanksgiving Wishes;
Nate aka Darth Vapor

DoctorRiboh

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2011
UK and Ireland
I could swear my first pack mentioned to put the cap on the battery end(I may have seen a video though). My current open pack does not.

Photo on 2011-11-25 at 00.jpg

These are the ones I got, not very clear photo but it's what came with the box

wdave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
So it all started with Youtube vids of the mythical smokeymizer, the wonderful hybrid of tanks and cartomizers ...or so I thought..

To my delight, a nice package arrived today with 5 brand new Smokeymizers, so I read the instructions and proceeded to inject the liquid into the Smokeymizer into the correct hole and within seconds it all came pouring out the other side,
my battery is drenched and it went all over the button and now I'm angry , I thought it was just 1 bad one , I tried another with a different liquid, exactly the same thing, I'm not that stupid to go ahead and try the other 3.
These are not cheap and if you can't sell a product that works then you shouldn't be allowed to sell it in the first place, my battery is now damaged , 2 half bottles of juice have just been wasted on tissue paper over my desk, and the 2 smokeymizers are now sitting on top of my juice bottles dripping back what I can salvage from this disaster.

Some people who have responded to this thread have since mentioned that you are supposed to fill it with the silicone caps on the battery end in order for it to act as a vacuum.
I will admit that I did not try that. However; this was nowhere to be mentioned in the instructions.
It is not something I am supposed to guess, so I refuse to take responsibility over this.

Additional edit.

I just checked the instructions AGAIN just to make sure that I didn't end up looking like a complete ...... and there it was , the exact same way that I filled mine, upright and capless.
You can't blame me for doing it wrong.

I tried them twice and gave up.

StotheK

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Knoxville
www.stevevape.com
The little black stopper is the most important part of the formula. I've filled without putting the condom on the end (I just angle the smokymizer a little bit and replace the black plug quickly). There have been reports of some leaking even with the stopper replaced, probably a bad seal on the wick end or something. As far as the directions go, they're not great, probably a waste of card stock, especially when it comes to cleaning :)

sheik124

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2008
Tampa, FL
ARe you sure the Smokymizer was the cause and you didn't just get a broken passthrough?

Never try to clean them like the card says. You will never get the wick back in without screwing it up. Just run syringes of hot water through them.

It was working perfectly with the eGo-T atomizer. And a lot of my LR carto's. The Smokymizer has a PROTRUDING CENTER POST. All of my other atomizers have RECESSED center posts. All of them. Original 510. eGo-T. Various carto's (DC, TC, Boge) It shorted the battery out and I'm lucky it didn't explode.

EDIT: I just opened another Smokymizer. Same problem with the center post. If you push against it, you can make it recess, and then it just comes back out. This is a serious design flaw. The closest atomizer I have in terms of center post protrusion is a 510-T LR atomizer. But even then it is only slightly protruding, and border-line "level." Same goes for the Boge LR. The dual coil cartomizers have slightly recessed center posts.

Last edited:

DoctorRiboh

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2011
UK and Ireland
I had the same instructions and the same result...complete failure.

Since then I have learnt to love the CE3 due to a simple mod that works great. Not quite a tank and not quite a drip feed, but I like the way it works.

View attachment 65735
That looks awesome , does it fit on an Ego ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread