Smokeymizers = 0/10 VERY ANGRY !!!! NEVER AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

asha23

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
London
I have had all the same problems others are reporting here. Leaky, it killed one of my batteries, weak flavour. Good amount of vapour though, if rather plasticky if the wick isn't wet or charged...

I have got one to work fine, but since it killed one of my batteries I just can't trust it (and it leaks where the little stopper is like a .....) - so won't be using again or re-buying.

Simply can't recommend.

achieve

Oct 15, 2011
Ireland
I'm reasonably new to this whole vaping thing, nearly 4 months now. I admit that I have gone somewhat overboard and have been trying lots of different devices. I mentioned earlier in this thread that I am currently using a Smokeymizer. Rather than constantly chopping and changing, I'm now trying to stick with a each product for a week and guage their performance over a somewhat extended period. I have previously used 3 Smokeymizers, on and off, but for 5 past days I have been vaping using Ego battery & Smokeymizer. No leaks, good flavour and it's still going strong. I will keep vaping it until performance decreases.

The only thing I don't like about them is having to fill them up using a syringe ( I do use the blunt needle that came supplied with the pack, rather than a needle from a pharmacy), but definitely only something I do in the privacy of my home. I would be too self conscious to use the syringe in public, even if what I'm doing is completely innocent.

DoctorRiboh

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2011
UK and Ireland
The only thing I don't like about them is having to fill them up using a syringe ( I do use the blunt needle that came supplied with the pack, rather than a needle from a pharmacy), but definitely only something I do in the privacy of my home. I would be too self conscious to use the syringe in public, even if what I'm doing is completely innocent.

yup exactly my issue, like my mum walked in on me filling one of those up and gave me the 'I'm disappointed in you' look ... not cool
she already thinks I'm a junkie with the Ego

asha23

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
London
Just a follow up on these. I have had a number of issues. I bought a five pack.

1. The first time I used it, it killed my Riva 510 battery.
2. One of the Smokymizers in the pack totally didn't work. I had to cut the top off to get my liquid back.
3. Another one in the pack didn't have a wick. I didn't want to risk another battery, so again had to cut the top off to get my liquid back
4. They all taste burnt after a few pulls.
5. They all leak liquid into the tip after a few pulls.
6. One came apart when I tried removing it from the battery - It was impossible to get the wick back into the tank. - Again, cut the top off to retrieve wasted liquid.

In conclusion, when they do work, they give good vapour. But out of a 5 pack, three were faulty and one killed my battery. I can't recommend these to anyone they are a truly terrible, fiddly, leaky and pointless product. I find it hard to believe that people are still selling them as they are not worth buying and are rife with problems.

wingman

Verified Member
Nov 16, 2010
Avenel, NJ
I bought a pack of smokeymizers from myvaporstore. Two out of 5 were shorting ego battery. Problem with shorting is intermittent (it works OK for some time, then short and fried battery). So it cost me 2 batteries to try that lousy product. Do not buy them. Smokeymizers are just average cartomizers, absolutely not worth the risk of frying the batteries. There are many better and safer cartos out there.

Dec 31, 2011
I just tried both the ce2 & ce3 today, I'm getting more vapor with the ce2, but it has a bit of a burnt plastic taste. I'm using the same juice in both. I think I may be getting a bit more flavor with the ce3, it's gurgling. I like the draw on the 3 better, it's not as airy as on the ce2. I find both of these to be fiddly to fill.

To the OP, I too filled mine according to a you-tube video, must have been the same one you watched. All my juice leaked out. Figured it was a dud & tried another, same thing.

My search lead me here. Low & behold I found my little instruction card after I completely emptied the little box they all came in. It was picture side down so was impossible to see in there.

I'm going to use them both for a while yet to give them a fair chance, but my first impression is not so great.

I also picked up some 510 visions on the same order. The easiest things ever to fill, pull off the tip, drip in the juice, replace tip & vape. I really like the draw on these, not as "airy" as the other two.

I'm not going to compare the vision to the ce2/3 yet because I have a different flavor & blend of juice in the vision.

In the time it took me to write this & vape on all 3 of the above, I have found out that my ce3 does leak from the bottom and I have juice that seeped up to the tip also, not such a great first impression at all. But like I said I will give them all a fair try & report back.

:toast:

G_Jones

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2009
Seattle
I love CE2s, but CE3 is a whole different beast. I ordered CE3's just because they were there and I didn't expect there to be much difference. Wow, terrible. A huge step backwards and a lot of unnecessary hassle.

Naturally, like many people in this thread I put the juice in not expecting it to pour right out, but of course it did. Not something I have ever experienced before or would expect with any cartomizer. Once I finally got it loaded up, the vape is OK, comparable to other cartos but all the extra hassle is unacceptable and a bit strange.

The CE2 cartos with the new soft plastic shell that does not crack are probably the best overall solution I have found after going through all kinds of vaping devices. They also are much more affordable than tank systems. If it burns out quick, no big deal, unlike expensive tank atomizers. For CE2's, like other cartos, I just jam the needle in, squirt, and its ready to go in a few seconds. Simplest and quickest loading process. Also probably the driest, most consistently leak free, and quickest and mess-free experience I have had vaping. Sticking with CE2's, its been ages since I had juice leaking everywhere as with ancient devices of the past, and I almost forgot what that was like and how annoying it is.

I don't understand the need to overly complicate a working design by having to use end caps, tiny rubber stoppers, slow filling etc. I don't have time for that, I'm not sure who does, and now I don't trust that the thing won't leak everywhere like many of the other experimental devices I have tried. I don't really mind trying out new supplies, and once more I have, but CE3 = huge fail. The tiny rubber stopper itself is ridiculous, and will absolutely get lost. My five pack came with some tweezers for handling the stopper, but they were incapable for the intended job and a waste to include.

Now I am sure somebody will like them somewhere, but in comparison to what is already out there, (like CE2) it seems pointless to use something that costs the same, practically vapes the same, and holds the same amount of juice, but is significantly more of a hassle to fill, more likely to leak, and is certain to have a shorter average lifespan once the tiny rubber stopper vanishes, as it is just asking for it.

I recommend CE2's to anyone with a long needle syringe. I do not recommend CE3's and will not purchase again. Do not want. I will remember to consult the forum first next time.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
I'm on my second or third week using CE3's exclusively. I'm glad I ignored all the whining and complaining in the reviews about these and tried the for myself.

Yeah, you need to put the included condom on. Better yet, use one of the beefier ones that we all have laying around. I never get more than maybe a drop or two of leakage when filling.

Yeah, the included tweezers are pretty lame. The plug is tiny and you need "real" tweezers. Tweezers with a curved tip are even better. I haven't lost a plug yet, and there is a spare plug in the pack. The plugs don't wear out, so when one CE3 burns out. I'll save the plug and suspect I'll have plenty of spares. Don't fill them up if you're drunk, half blind, or in the dark and you'll be fine. If you have Parkinson's or are suffering from DTs these are probably not for you.

As for leaking and battery issues, I've notice that virtually everyone who has reported battery shorts has been using a **Go type battery. What's with them? Are they that delicate? A couple of mine have leaked slightly on first use. Why? Because the tube comes off for cleaning and there's a little O-ring there. From the factory, the tube may, or may not, be pressed down sufficiently. Press down and rotate it just the slightest bit. No more leaking. I have disassembled these for cleaning a couple times now and have never had a leak after the first initial use. Which brings me to the next point....

I've read people complaining that you can't clean them. The wick won't go back in the hole. What??? I'm in my 50's and I have a hard time threading a needle without a magnifying glass, but I have yet to "miss the hole" more than once or twice when re-assembling these after cleaning.

Then, we have the complaints about juice pooling up in the area under the drip tip, near the fill hole. Yeah, it will do that. By the time you empty one, there will be about 0.1 ml or so of liquid there. A lot of that is condensation, too. So, it's not worth trying to recover. Use a q-tip or piece of tissue to soak it up before you pull the plug for your next fill.

You need a syringe. Maybe. A syringe or blunt needle tip on a dropper bottle does fine. A tip in included in the pack and it fits the Luhr lock bottle caps, so I don't even need the syringe anymore.

Don't want to carry a syringe or something that looks like a precision oiler in public? Fill a few of them up before you go out. Put a condom on the connector end. They won't leak from the top, but stick them in a plastic bag or something. A couple spares should do you. How much do you vape anyway?

I use fairly thick liquid, so the CE2's, with their top coil arrangement, are less than optimal even IF the tubes didn't crack, they didn't taste like burning rubber, you didn't need to "fluff your wick" or thin your juice, or play around with the seals inside, or open and and dry burn them before you use one. And people complain about having to remove a little plug????

But, go ahead and complain. Disregard everything I just wrote. Don't buy them. They suck. All the whining has already managed to get them discontinued. I'll be glad to ride the Clearance Sale Train all by myself. I'm stocking up.

Oh, and if anyone has them and hates them, PM me. I'll be more than happy to take them off your hands.

Last edited:

RickH

Feb 4, 2012
NC
I haven't tried the CE3's but really like the CE2's. By the pics I've seen they appear to be built the same except for the lil rubber plug, wonder why they didn't use the CE2 method of filling? The CE2's do seem to vary a lot.. some really just pour out the vapor while others require more draw. By the comments the CE3's must be built similar to the new X7's which require the condom to fill, but the X7 has the bottom coil or atomizer which I hate. They give very little flavor and no warmth to the vapor, supposedly the bottom coil aids better juice flow to the wick, but dry hits are common on these as well. You must also keep the 1 mouthpiece provided in the tube or all the juice will run out. So you can only use 1 at a time or have plenty of mouth pieces.
Thats another issue I have, how can these vendors charge $3.50 for a drip tip when you can get a 5 pack of CE3's or Ce2's for $7???

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
With the CE3s you can use any drip tip you have laying around. There is a solid partition at the top, so it doesn't matter what tip you use. They don't rely on a custom tip to keep the juice from leaking out the bottom like, for example, the G4s. They do have a bottom coil but I've never had a dry hit with one. I'm not sure it's even possible. They don't use the CE2 method to fill because the top is solid partition which provides a seal to maintain a vacuum that the CE2s big rubber plug can't and doesn't need to. The G4s also create a vacuum, but they don't have the partition with a little plug. Instead, they rely on the seal of a specially designed tip. I found out the hard way that you absolutely cannot use any other tip on the G4. If you try, you'll leak juice like crazy. I think the X7s are built more like the G4s. They're less fiddly to fill, but you pay the price by having to use a particular mouthpiece.

Like I said in a previous post, the CE3s are terrible cartomizers. Please don't buy them. But if you see any with a good price on clearance, please PM me and let me know. I need your help to get these off the market.

Mr. Blue Dot

Dec 14, 2011
United States
I have a suggestion for everyone out there saying their CE3s are terrible and they don't like them:

SEND THEM TO ME!

I love the CE3s! Way better than the CE2s in fact. The CE3s never give me a dry hit off the wick as long as there is juice inside them because of the way they're designed with the wick and atomizer on the bottom. The CE2s on the other hand need to be swirled a few times to get liquid up to the atomizer if it's less than half full. Also the CE3s are sturdier, every CE2 I've tried always ends up cracking and leaking because of the flimsy plastic used. That's not a problem with the CE3s at all.

Here's a tip I haven't seen from other posters yet: when you put a CE3 on your battery, hold the cartomizer upside down (threads pointed to the ceiling, drip tip to the floor) and then screw on your battery TIGHT. turn it right side up and it won't leak.

And I'm serious about sending your unwanted CE3s to me, I will give them a loving home!

Edit: I see people feel self conscience about filling these in public. 5 come in a pack, I fill up 3, put one on a battery and 2 in my case with condoms on and I'm good all day. You shouldn't have to fill them in public unless you're away from home for days at a time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread