Status
Not open for further replies.

arth_d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2011
Australia
They rip off the provari now the GLV.
Well they do say imitation is the biggest form of flattery.
Sidewinder.jpg

Rafto

Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Poland, Warsaw
Seems I saw these a while back. A long while back. :)

Zimoshi_safe_image.2.jpg

These are ZiMoshi mods. There aren't in any way GLV's ripoff, they've came in the same time, maybe earlier.

ZiMoshi (Lightvapor) e-cig mod reviews

As to the smoktech, it resembles GLV-1 more, than the present GLV. Yet, smoktech's design is different. Head and end caps are not as rounded at the edges as the GLV. Smoktech holds cheapo Chinese horn button whereas GLV holds cool Otto button. Smoktech is made of copper, while GLV - of alloy. Smoktech has thinner walls and can hold 18350 battery, having (probably) dimensions comparable to GLV-2 mini.

Not every mod with button on the top and atomiser thread on the side has to be GLV's ripoff. They're just similar, that's all.

Yet, I find no use of such tall atomiser head in Smoktech.

Rafto

Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Poland, Warsaw
Was it cheaper, I'd buy it and use as a base for making my own mod.

Nearly 50 $ is just too much. I've bought Vamo mod recently at 39 $ and it offers much more than the sidewinder (telescopic body, voltage and wattage regulation).

Besides, I prefer the design (and the price :p) of Smoktech's Gripper mod (the little one, that takes 18350 battery, not the VV one).

Rafto

Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Poland, Warsaw
I prefer both USA made mods and Poland made mods, especially when the latter ones are made by me ;)
It makes no difference for me whether the components for my mod (i.e. tube) were made in China. The majority of the stuff worldwide is made in China.

Sidewinder is a simple mod, just like GLV. It holds no PCB inside. I think that swap of the Sidewinder's button for a more solid one, maybe swapping the cables inside, and adding the Kick (or other similar device) it could be a nice VW mod ;)

It's only serious disadvantage relating to GLV would be the weight. GLV is made of alloy instead of the copper (as in Sidewinder) and this makes it lighter.

Couriously, Chinese can also invent they own products that are inovatory and doesn't resemble anything else - Joytech's eVic for instance.

arth_d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2011
Australia
Have you seen how chunky GLV threads are. They will last longer than my orion threads and many of my other SS mods even if they are aluminium.
Only thing that may crap itself is the 510 thread. But that can be replaced. I wouldn't call a GLV unsturdy by any means.
I tried a GLV at the shop last week... Granted, it was a "loaner", but the threads were pretty nasty, as will happen with time with aluminum threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread