Smoktech 510 LR atomizer terrible taste covered in oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigOlNoob

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
Ohio
I just recieved 2 smoktech LR atomizers in the mail. Right off the bat I noticed both of them were covered in some kind of grease or oil. There was a lot I mean they would cling to the inside of the bag with droplets of the stuff all over the plastic. I took one out and rubbed off the oil and put three drops of ecblends liquid i had recieved the same day. At first it was working perfectly i was able to vape it for 5 mins with no problem until all of a sudden it began tasting exactly how the oil smelled kinda like a weak smell of WD40. I immediately cleaned it out under the hottest water my sink could produce for about 5 mins i would let the water run through the turn it followed by blowing the water through the bottom. I then let it soak at the bottom of the sink while I did the same thing to the other one. I dried it off with a paper towel inside and out while breathing air through it to dry faster. I then let both if them sit out for 10 minutes before putting another 3 drops in it. As soon as I vaped it it had the same bad taste on the first hit. So I then washed it out in water to remove the liquid. Then I took 91% isopropyl alcohol and an eye dropper and began filling it with alcohol and allowing it to flow out the bottom before repeating. I did this over ten times and even blew on the end to force the alcohol out five times. I washed it in water again to avoid any alcohol taste and tried again. Once again they both had the same taste on the first hit. So I don't know what my next step would be. I'm using them on an ego c upgrade at 3.6 volts. I'm also allowing time for the liquid to settle. All the reviews online say they work well straight out if packaging and I can't find anything on ECf or reviews that have had the same problem. Also i didn't dry burn it at all and and the bad taste is not harsh or even resemble the taste of anything burning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread