Not open for further replies.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
Its 2 3.2 ohm coils in series=1.6 ohms.

That's not how it works. Hooking two electrical components up in series causes Ohms to double. Hooking two components up in parallel causes resistance to be cut in half. it can either be two low resistance coils in series or two higher resistance coils in parallel.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
Madvapes list them as dual 3.2 in parallel for 1.6 ohms, which really sucks because I'd love to be able to use them
with an ego at work. Would the 1100 mAh ego's work better? Or, is it still too much draw on the switch?
By the way, I just got mine today and they work awesome on my GLV2 with a 14670 batty in it.

Makes you wonder how 2 1.5 ohm coils would work in series for 3.0 ohms of resistance.

I'm thinking about ordering these with the ePower modular ego, but I'm kind of nervous since the ePower is regulated @ 3.7v. Everybody I've asked say they can handle the draw though.

I guess this means I'm not ordering an infinity since they can't handle anything below 2.4 ohms.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Madvapes list them as dual 3.2 in parallel for 1.6 ohms, which really sucks because I'd love to be able to use them
with an ego at work. Would the 1100 mAh ego's work better? Or, is it still too much draw on the switch?
By the way, I just got mine today and they work awesome on my GLV2 with a 14670 batty in it.

I just screwed one onto an eGo 900mah battery. Yes they work but please keep in mind that I don't know what they will do to the batteries .

Last edited:

VpnDrgn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Gulfport, MS.
I just read a tip from another member yesterday that if you put them in the fridge for a few minutes
the label peals off easily and the adhesive comes off with it.

I got appx 65 drops in the first one but the second one seemed to have less filler ( gotta love that Chinese
quality control ) and it only took about 50 drops.

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Just tried 8 volts by stacking to fresh charged 3.7 volt bats. Still no burning LOLOLOLOL. This is officially the most insane vapor I have ever hit. I thought 2 dual coils on a AJ dual atty was great.... No 8 volts into 1 is pretty sufficient .. hahaha.

I can't resist, time to load it up with some pure VG stuff and checking wicking and vapor production.

Last edited:

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
I don't know if I'd be brave enough to try 8V's on any carto.
I do have two 3V batts though...hmm... I might be brave enough for 6V's. ;)

It is not producing the burnt taste we all hate. That is what I'm trying to test. Really wanna see what the limits are on this thing, lol. My darwin and provari won't let me go over 5 volts 8( Good thing for the ole GG. I'm actually more worried about melting the spring in the GG vs melting down the carto.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
From what I read earlier, the E power takes a 14650 3.7V batty. What would be the point of regulating?
From what little I know about electronics, wouldn't a regulator waste more power than the few points
of voltage that your trying to step down?

To keep the battery at 3.7 volts. 3.7v batteries will usually charge to 4.2 volts. Regulating the voltage can also help when the batter drops below 3.7 volts. I'm guessing it works when the battery is under load as well.

Basically, it just give you a more consistent vape over a longer period of time.

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Well, testing done with VG. Although it wicks fine, it makes the draw very very tight. I'll continue with the 70/30 from here on out. Still trying to burn one up with 2 3.7 stacked bats in my GG. Still going strong lol

Know how you see people doing those crazy long draws on the reviews? Or puffin on it to warm it up? Yah, thats not needed with 7.4+ volts on a 1.4 ohm carto. LOL

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Anyone know how these things are taking so many volts an amps? This is blowing my mind.

Both my Provari and Darwin are stopping these things long before they cap out. Provari won't let me put more then 3.7 volts into a 1.6 ohm one. Darwin is stopping at 4.6 volts at 12.7 watts. Something is goofy here with the math. I'm actually rockin my GGTS with stacked 3.7 volt bats and LOVING IT. Need to find a calc and see how many watts that is or something.

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Online Conversion - Ohm's Law Calculator

Why would you want to vape at such high wattages, though? It burns the juice and tastes awful, IMO....

Because these DO NOT burn. Thats the thing Katya. I have been trying to get away from that burn taste for over a year now. I was curious to stress test them and see at what point they would burn the fluid and taste nasty. Highest I can go is 8 volts atm with fresh bats, and it just gets hotter and hotter, but doesn't EVER give you that nasty tasting vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread