Status
Not open for further replies.

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Exactly Right theres nothing that makes these worth what they are selling for, nothing

What kind of price could you put on that burnt plastic taste in your mouth?

You know what im talkin about.
Your dripping on a LR 306 on the couch while watchin a movie, and it runs dry... DOH
Your open that new box of "genuine Joye" atomizers and try to blow out the primer, then vape... DOH
Your "new" CE2r5s come in, with that new fat wick, you hit the 3.5 ohm one with 3 volts thinking your safe... DOH
Your Bloog cartos come in and you thought they were special... DOH
You wait for months while Iken stocks an item again, you finnaly get an order before he sells out, get it in and vape.. DOH

We all know the routine here. I'm so sick of that burnt taste in my mouth after all this time. Even if these didn't have great vapor production, I would vape them just because I have NEVER had that taste in my mouth from these. Even when they run low, I get a hint, and top it back off. But never have I gotten a mouthfull of Burn Plastic Primer Dry WTF Is In My Mouth taste like I have from other products.

6 volts is really the sweet spot for me on these. I can't vape them on my darwin or provari at that voltage, so I stack bats in my GG. They are so perfect, that I will let $500 worth of mods sit on the table while I vape my old school GGTS and these carts just so I can slam a bunch of volts into these little gems and fog the room and smile. I don't HAVE to drip anymore, I don't HAVE to eat that burnt taste anymore, I don't have to spend an hour modding a carto so it will sorta work sometimes.

How much is that worth?

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
What kind of price could you put on that burnt plastic taste in your mouth?

You know what im talkin about.
Your dripping on a LR 306 on the couch while watchin a movie, and it runs dry... DOH
Your open that new box of "genuine Joye" atomizers and try to blow out the primer, then vape... DOH
Your "new" CE2r5s come in, with that new fat wick, you hit the 3.5 ohm one with 3 volts thinking your safe... DOH
Your Bloog cartos come in and you thought they were special... DOH
You wait for months while Iken stocks an item again, you finnaly get an order before he sells out, get it in and vape.. DOH

We all know the routine here. I'm so sick of that burnt taste in my mouth after all this time. Even if these didn't have great vapor production, I would vape them just because I have NEVER had that taste in my mouth from these. Even when they run low, I get a hint, and top it back off. But never have I gotten a mouthfull of Burn Plastic Primer Dry WTF Is In My Mouth taste like I have from other products.

6 volts is really the sweet spot for me on these. I can't vape them on my darwin or provari at that voltage, so I stack bats in my GG. They are so perfect, that I will let $500 worth of mods sit on the table while I vape my old school GGTS and these carts just so I can slam a bunch of volts into these little gems and fog the room and smile. I don't HAVE to drip anymore, I don't HAVE to eat that burnt taste anymore, I don't have to spend an hour modding a carto so it will sorta work sometimes.

How much is that worth?

Theres only one way I vape now, it's @ 6V with the new Ikenvape HV-510 it is by far the best vape for me over EVERYTHING else on the market, Issac has created a monster of an Atty with these new HV-510's and I only use Bottom feeder Box mods anymore as well.!

Ego-T = Suck
CE2 = Sucks
Filler cartos = Suck
most tank mods I have tried = suck

Feeding an Atty and the ones I'm using are by far the best performing I have used to date, 6ml's in the gas tank X 6-7 Box Mods is a lot of fuel, and a different flavored fuel in each one running at the higher RPM's of 6V just cant be beet, even LR sucks its way to hot and fry's the liquids, these new Attys run way cooler then any LR and you get TH and flavor = #1

Last edited:

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Theres only one way I vape now, it's @ 6V with the new Ikenvape HV-510 it is by far the best vape for me over EVERYTHING else on the market, Issac has created a monster of an Atty with these new HV-510's and I only use Bottom feeder Box mods anymore as well.!

Iken stuff is pretty decent. Megas I bought from him for the 510 and kr808 versions burned. Hate that taste. All the attys I got from him have done great. I stopped doing business with him a long time ago because he doesn't stay in stock. You could have the greatest attys on the planet, but if you can't stay in stock, then your wasting my time. I'm guessing that website is run as a hobby with some serious supply issues. Most of us purchase something to try out, then purchase larger quantities on the next order if they are good. Can't do that with Iken most the time.

Still though, of all the iken stuff I have purchased, none of them compare to these dual coils. I would imagine there will be an "Ikenvape SuperSilver" or something 510 available soon though (for about 1 day before sold out), haha.

pixiedust

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2011
Nevada
Exactly Right theres nothing that makes these worth what they are selling for, nothing

I don't get your reasoning here..I paid $12.99 + $3 shipping for 5. I have had them a week and the first one I have used is still going strong. IF it were to die today I would still feel like I got my $3.19 cents worth..I pretty much chain vape and these things haven't even hiccuped. I get alot of flavor, adequate vapor and a nice draw..it's making me re-think that Reo mod I was saving up for; unless these somehow turn into a huge disappointment (which I don't anticipate) how can this not be a great deal?

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
I don't get your reasoning here..I paid $12.99 + $3 shipping for 5. I have had them a week and the first one I have used is still going strong. IF it were to die today I would still feel like I got my $3.19 cents worth..I pretty much chain vape and these things haven't even hiccuped. I get alot of flavor, adequate vapor and a nice draw..it's making me re-think that Reo mod I was saving up for; unless these somehow turn into a huge disappointment (which I don't anticipate) how can this not be a great deal?

Couldn't agree with yah more 8)
Price will come down though, as they only cost the suppliers about 20 cents more then a regular carto from smoktech. Hoosier selling them for $2 each was still doubling his money. I agree that $3 a pop is a bit overkill though, especially since your not gonna have to worry about warrantying 1 out of 3 like most the other cartos on the market today.

rmerriett

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Wisconsin
Everyone has their own preference as to what they consider a good vape. To put things into perspective, I was vaping at 6v because it was the only way I could vape and not want an analog. My 6v device now sits on standby, and I'm once again using my ego, and am more satisfied with it as I was with my expensive mod. Not only does it vape like I want it to, but the convenience of having a much smaller device is priceless. I'm sure these are not for everyone, but for me they are everything I could ask for. I vape to not smoke, and I know there are a lot of folks that make a hobby of it. I am not one of those people, it's about ease of use, reliability, performance, price ect... These things win in every area. I'm glad I held on to my ego, and I always hoped I'd be able to get a satisfying vape with it as technology improved. All I can say is if your like me, and want the simplest cost effective experience, give them a try. For me they are perfect.

pixiedust

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2011
Nevada
Couldn't agree with yah more 8)
Price will come down though, as they only cost the suppliers about 20 cents more then a regular carto from smoktech. Hoosier selling them for $2 each was still doubling his money. I agree that $3 a pop is a bit overkill though, especially since your not gonna have to worry about warrantying 1 out of 3 like most the other cartos on the market today.
I agree $3 is probably too high, but so far it's been worth it, and it's a bargain compared to what I paid for those miserable POS ego attys and tanks (makes me want to cry to think about that waste of money)

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Just an update on these cartos. Hoosierecigsupply is getting 2.5ohm dual coil that when matched up will be 1.25 ohm's. They will be in stock in 2 weeks. I hope he ordered a lot.

I was kinda hopin the next generation of these would be higher ohm. Its making my Darwin and Provari kinda BLEH since they can't max these out.

Oh well, I'll keep polishing the GGTS 8)

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Iken stuff is pretty decent. Megas I bought from him for the 510 and kr808 versions burned. Hate that taste. All the attys I got from him have done great. I stopped doing business with him a long time ago because he doesn't stay in stock. You could have the greatest attys on the planet, but if you can't stay in stock, then your wasting my time. I'm guessing that website is run as a hobby with some serious supply issues. Most of us purchase something to try out, then purchase larger quantities on the next order if they are good. Can't do that with Iken most the time.

Still though, of all the iken stuff I have purchased, none of them compare to these dual coils. I would imagine there will be an "Ikenvape SuperSilver" or something 510 available soon though (for about 1 day before sold out), haha.

As a Hobby, you must be joking right, Issac has forgotten more about the vaping business then most will ever know about and he is one of the best retail suppliers in the industry as far as Attys and Cartos go by far. Any Carto will burn or not run properly if not kept wet enough or ran at to high of a voltage. The reason he is out of stock often is because he sells out so fast and way more then the trunk of a car will hold and that's a fact. Supply vs demand, when you have way more demand than you can supply that's a pretty dam good thing when your in business and people are jut waiting for you to restock in my opinion, so I guess Boeing and Lockheed martin are bad companies because there is a 2 yr wait for there jet product too right cut me a break man.

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
As a Hobby, you must be joking right, Issac has forgotten more about the vaping business then most will ever know about and he is one of the best retail suppliers in the industry as far as Attys and Cartos go by far. Any Carto will burn or not run properly if not kept wet enough or ran at to high of a voltage. The reason he is out of stock often is because he sells out so fast and way more then the trunk of a car will hold and that's a fact. Supply vs demand, when you have way more demand than you can supply that's a pretty dam good thing when your in business and people are jut waiting for you to restock in my opinion, so I guess Boeing and Lockheed martin are bad companies because there is a 2 yr wait for there jet product too right cut me a break man.

He is not building airplanes. He is buying stuff from china, rebranding them and selling them to us. Supply and demand is correct, but he didn't just start yesterday. The orders from china can be plenty large enough to stay in stock, and his reputation should support larger orders by now. Right now he is still in the same category as the other smalltime hobby websites that can't afford to place a large enough investment in inventory to stay in stock.

Can't recomend a supplier that has a very very long track history of being out of inventory. He is the most knowledgable person there is around here about cartos and attys, but he can not stay in stock. I did it for a few months, "notify me", and I would get home from work "out of stock", I did this for 4 months. Got a few products, like some of them as I said, but doesn't justify recomending his website to anyone. If you want to be a "retailer", you have to have something to sell right?

I'm recomending a bad ... cartomizer that is slowly being stocked by everyone out there. You don't have to wait 2 months for IkenAnything. Pick a supplier and order, simple as that.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD

So they don't produce mad vapor? What is your PG/VG ratio?

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
He is not building airplanes. He is buying stuff from china, rebranding them and selling them to us. Supply and demand is correct, but he didn't just start yesterday. The orders from china can be plenty large enough to stay in stock, and his reputation should support larger orders by now. Right now he is still in the same category as the other smalltime hobby websites that can't afford to place a large enough investment in inventory to stay in stock.

Can't recomend a supplier that has a very very long track history of being out of inventory. He is the most knowledgable person there is around here about cartos and attys, but he can not stay in stock. I did it for a few months, "notify me", and I would get home from work "out of stock", I did this for 4 months. Got a few products, like some of them as I said, but doesn't justify recomending his website to anyone. If you want to be a "retailer", you have to have something to sell right?

I'm recomending a bad ... cartomizer that is slowly being stocked by everyone out there. You don't have to wait 2 months for IkenAnything. Pick a supplier and order, simple as that.

Stownz, you have it wrong, Issac is custom specking out all of his goods to be built, not just buying what the plant makes on wholesale orders, every item on his site is this way ! this takes time to custom spec out stuff, have it built, and delivered,He also doesn't need money and can order what he wants. Issac is running a first class business, he cares very much about the entire vaping community and does one helluva job, I have never heard one person say anything negative about him ever as well. Companies take time to build, grow, and most of all be successful, anyone can wholesale a ton of Ego's and Attys and all the basic stuff, it takes time to build a business the way Issac is doing it, he is also doing it the right way and also minimizing his mistakes how he does it. Again, this is no out of the trunk of a car business it is a real one and a dam good one.!

I would also bet my ... that when and if Issac puts out a dual coil carto it too will be superior to the mass of the ones coming out now and be sold out as much as all the rest of his great products sell out, mark my words on that too. It wouldn't surprise me if he was working on a quad coil right now.!

Last edited:

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
Hey Stownz. Have you noticed any difference buying from different sources/brands?

I started with the nhaler ones, fell in love with them. But they were a bit stiffer draw than a normal Boge carto. So I bought from another vendor, and it was identical- except for the visible portion of the wire at the top- the one from nhaler is blue, the one from the other vendor is red. But performance wise they are identical. I saw another vendor advertising Boge dual coils, and am curious to find out if those have the lighter draw that standard Boge's do. But since I currently have 4 boxes of dual coils (and they tend to last a while), I really am not interested in ordering another box unless I know for certain they are going to have the lighter draw

alldayvape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
Maryland
the dual coils are ok.. They produce little vapor compared the V2 Gold Cartos Ikenvape is selling. Taste is ok, but again the lesser vapor production is a turn off for me.

Edit: Just cranked my Darwin up to 12.7 watts and these things actually still produce great flavor, with the amount of vapor increasing.. Interesting.. Guess I'm not evaluating them quite yet

Edit #2: Even though cranking up the voltage has helped with vapor production, it just doesn't seem right. Using it on Shan's VV Splash Mini @ 6v I get a little bit more vapor but the overall 'hit' seems pretty harsh.. No burnt taste but just doesn't feel comfortable.

It works I guess, but can't compare the cartos Ikenvape is selling.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread