Smoktech Dual Coil Cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
I've tried them all: every cartomizer and atomizer made. Every manufacturer, and even the "cisco" versions and 20 or so other websites trying to get attys and cartos made to a special design.

Nothing compares to these dual coils from smoktech. End of story.

Nice review man, and I found similar results in my review.

BTW - You need more mods :)

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Any opinions on these dual carts with 100% vg juice? Anyone use Boba's Bounty with them? I was wondering about flavor more than vapor. I am pretty sure vapor would be no problem. I use a Roughstack maxi 6volt and a VV Buzz for most of my vaping. Thanks!

I've got some experience with Boba's in the Boge. It works, but not easy. Takes a long time to fill. If you "condom" on the initial, you gotta push a little and wait, etc, or it will all come out the top of the airway at which point you might as well just fill it from the top.

Top off is the same. Drip and wait drip and wait. It absorbs, but it's slow.

Could possibly be a little faster if you syringe it, but not my method of choice + I don't like to carry syringes around with me. Tough to explain to the officers. :)

I would imagine the duals would behave the same way.

Still my method of choice though.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Thanks Pbusardo. That is the same way I fill my carts. I was just wondering about the taste compared to regular Boge carts. I am ordering some dual carts Friday and just checking on opinions on taste compared to Boge carts and lr dripping.

No problem. I would assume (I hate that word) that taste would be very similar. That's what I've experienced when comparing juice flavors side by side on both cartos so far.

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
What kind of price could you put on that burnt plastic taste in your mouth?

You know what im talkin about.
Your dripping on a LR 306 on the couch while watchin a movie, and it runs dry... DOH
Your open that new box of "genuine Joye" atomizers and try to blow out the primer, then vape... DOH
Your "new" CE2r5s come in, with that new fat wick, you hit the 3.5 ohm one with 3 volts thinking your safe... DOH
Your Bloog cartos come in and you thought they were special... DOH
You wait for months while Iken stocks an item again, you finnaly get an order before he sells out, get it in and vape.. DOH

We all know the routine here. I'm so sick of that burnt taste in my mouth after all this time. Even if these didn't have great vapor production, I would vape them just because I have NEVER had that taste in my mouth from these. Even when they run low, I get a hint, and top it back off. But never have I gotten a mouthfull of Burn Plastic Primer Dry WTF Is In My Mouth taste like I have from other products.

6 volts is really the sweet spot for me on these. I can't vape them on my darwin or provari at that voltage, so I stack bats in my GG. They are so perfect, that I will let $500 worth of mods sit on the table while I vape my old school GGTS and these carts just so I can slam a bunch of volts into these little gems and fog the room and smile. I don't HAVE to drip anymore, I don't HAVE to eat that burnt taste anymore, I don't have to spend an hour modding a carto so it will sorta work sometimes.

How much is that worth?

This...all this, OMG, this! I'm with you and you speak the truth. I love this carto (I only have one and I'm vaping the hell out if for the third day now and I just. freakin'. love. it.)!

I've got it on a VV Tekk at 4 volts and I have vaped it at 3.7v and it's just all good. It's awesome that you can vape them at higher voltages, but if anyone has only a 3.7v device, these are perfroming beautifully at that voltage.

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Nice review man, and I found similar results in my review.

BTW - You need more mods :)

No, i need to chill on the mods. Just purchased the UFS for the GGTS though, lol. And COV found the addapter to make the Fog fit all my 510 stuff, so will get to play around with the Fog some more.

Last edited:

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
.... these dual coils dont even come close to Ikenvape's cartos in any aspect. They're more expensive, and give out less vapor + taste.

Keep in mind @ 6v these give decent vapor, but on a Ego type battery these just fall through.

Odd, im sitting here with the platinums, and gold 510s. Also the kr808 megas and the 510 megas. I got these months ago and wasnt impressed. Guess I could go through the rotation again, sticking them on my mods and playing with volts and watts, but they are still not impressing me. The megas I actually hate, because they burn the juice too easy.

Iken is definately better then a lot of the people peddling junk out there, he sells good products. Once he gets his hands on one of these, and gets them made the way he likes, then I'm sure they will be better then everyone elses. But he will always be out of stock, and we will purchase from someone else.

namuch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Surprise,Az
sorry, but what was the consensus on using dual coils on a basic 650 mah ego battery?

They work better than any other carto on the regular ego batteries IMO.

However, there is a possibility (and some vendors have a strong warning to that effect), that they may shorten the life or destroy the switch of your ego battery, or depending on the battery, it may fail to work due to the low ohm rating on them. I've been using them without issue daily on both normal ego's and on SE riva's with no problems so far...

pixiedust

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2011
Nevada
At a guy pbusardo :)!!! dam those dula coil carto's happen to come down 33% in no time at all, I think I heard someone say that a little while ago back a couple of pages in this thread didnt I :D
I paid $12.99 + $3 shipping when they first came out, these are $10 + $5 shipping so that's not exactly a 33% drop in price

pixiedust

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2011
Nevada
This...all this, OMG, this! I'm with you and you speak the truth. I love this carto (I only have one and I'm vaping the hell out if for the third day now and I just. freakin'. love. it.)!

I've got it on a VV Tekk at 4 volts and I have vaped it at 3.7v and it's just all good. It's awesome that you can vape them at higher voltages, but if anyone has only a 3.7v device, these are perfroming beautifully at that voltage.
You're right, I'm using them on a 3.7v e-power and they kick a88

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Clear Dual Coils being made now 8)

dualcoilclearcartomizer.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread