Smoktech Dual Coil Cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjim

Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
United Kingdom
Finally got some results with this carto on the basic ego. You've got to get it warmed up it seems. Hold the button for a bit before you take a draw, first one still won't be great. Repeat, and I seem to find its giving of decent vape on the second hit onwards, until it cools again. I'm finding you've got to be holding that button for 3 secs plus before taking a draw on it. It will crackle a little then seems to be ready.

Hopefully help anyone using this on an ego.

Still not much good for all day vaping. Needs vv I think.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
I'm using the smoktech dual coil cartomizer tanks that come stock with smoktech dualcoils in them and they rock as long as you keep your tank filled. I find that if you fill these from above, they will clog and die within a few days... But as long as your keeping them wet, like in a tank that is constantly feeding them juice, they rock for a good long time. I'm wondering, does anyone here know how the coils are positioned? I know these are dual coils so, where are the coils? Vertical on each side, or horizontal on the bottom? I ask because the top of the filler material is always bone dry when i'm using these in a tank, but I've never gotten a dry hit or anything from these. So I'm wondering if the coils are situated toward the bottom of the cartomizer, yeah? Anyone know?

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
These work great at 3.7 volts and they work fantastic at 4 to 4.3 volts. Its because they are DUAL coils. Haven't any of you ever watched GRIMMGREEN videos? haha. DUAL coil cartomizers work better at higher voltages, despite what the ohm says... Its because there are two coils, which raises the total resistance of the cartomizer, I think. I love it on 3.7v mods though and I think a lot of people would. Its cooler vapor but still tons of vapor and a great throat hit. Can somebody please answer the question I posted above though?

Subject:09141987

Nov 23, 2012
Earth
Odd. I've bought two of them and both gave me nothing but troubles. The first one died in four days, and this one just keeps flooding the juice from the tank in. Poor vapor production' although the flavor is very clean. I get a constant gurgle, and I've tried hitting it several different ways. I have a 5 ml archemedes tank from madvapes that I really don't want to go to waste, but I'm also 2 for 2 on bad carts. :(

mmikee

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
st louis
Of all the cartos I have tried on a mod, I like these the best. They are worth every penny to me. Crystal clear has them in a 3 box (of 5) deal for about $22. That's less than a buck fifty a piece. My wife still uses 900 mah batteries. These don't perform well at all on her bats. But they rock on my zmax.

Mudtoe

Feb 15, 2013
Houston
Some of the earlier posts in this thread said not to use these with Ego batteries, then I saw other people saying they used them without problems. Does anyone have a definitive idea about if they will damage Ego 650's? Anyone had an Ego battery ruined by them? They seem to work well, I just hate to trash batteries if I don't have to, and I did have one foul up on me and just give off burning flavor despite being well filled.

Last edited:

Koman

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2010
lv
Of all the cartos I have tried on a mod, I like these the best. They are worth every penny to me. Crystal clear has them in a 3 box (of 5) deal for about $22. That's less than a buck fifty a piece. My wife still uses 900 mah batteries. These don't perform well at all on her bats. But they rock on my zmax.

Yeah, they are the best. I agree!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread