Ended Smoktech giveaway! 250 Cloud Machines to win...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
Been trying to figure out what is going on with this thread since the winners were announced. And I see the count did not go all the way to the 50 I thought were to be chosen. Can someone enlighten me?
I just kinda got here myself, but I found this post from SJ :)

Since this runs to the end of the day today we're going to leave this one open until it's done

To confirm, 6 left to win - I'll be announcing how they can be won later today :)

Jbb8415

Aug 10, 2015
Massachusetts
Well.. there are 6 more chances, and from what smokeyjoe said about later today, I have a feeling they will be contests as he said he will tell you all what to do in order to win one of the last 6..

so I am guessing it may well be trivia or something for the last ones.. but I don't know for certain.. what he said did not convey another ollie visit of randomness though.. so it is just what I am thinking..
But we need details! He said he would post later today....its getting late over in his neck of the woods!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
My first pc was an XT also and I had that thing for a long time before I got a 386. I hated the dip switches...and figuring out all the compatibility issues. I taught myself dos and went from there....my friends and hubby thought I was nuts because I spent so much time on that darn thing....who would have thought back then that you would carry the Internet in the palm of your hand on your wireless phone!!

ROFL!!! I remember DIP switches!!! "Damned Invisible Plastic"! :lol:

There was a type of program often used with DOS machines, "TSR"s -- terminate and stay ready -- there was a funny definition for TSR at some point but I can't recall it for the life of me.

Andria

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Well.. there are 6 more chances, and from what smokeyjoe said about later today, I have a feeling they will be contests as he said he will tell you all what to do in order to win one of the last 6..

so I am guessing it may well be trivia or something for the last ones.. but I don't know for certain.. what he said did not convey another ollie visit of randomness though.. so it is just what I am thinking..
That's what i was thinking too,when i seen a small number left,i figure some type of mini contest or something.It never fails though,they always run while i'm not on here haha.

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
It's a scam. I bet the teacher has a hookup with the author or publishing company. :grr:
Some of the Professors write their OWN books and make the kids use them ones :grr:
Then every couple of years or so they change something in the book and call it Rev 2 or Volume 2 and make you but the new one :glare:

Nick N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
Anything new
Fell off the tank wagon, back to dripping for today...

Hand check:

06fa54e5f0a71b5d82c23af84ca7a5eb.jpg

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Ah, heck no. Over the counter computers with the occasional upgrade are FAR less expensive than home built any more...
I guess I just need to figure out what it is I need. I can't get a laptop to keep up with me. I definitely think I need a quad core (at least) but I don't think I need an actual gaming computer, just one that won't freeze under the weight of all of my apps and tabs! Doesn't seem like a lot to ask, but so far I have been very disappointed.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Then you know my pain :cry:
Boy do I know your pain. My wife and our three kids are all going to college at the same time.....and I make way too much money for any of them to qualify for financial aid. According to FAFSA, only once our college expenses exceed roughly 40k for the year would they qualify. My wife suggests that we should get divorced just so at least she would be able to get financial aid.

TikPandora

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Platte NE, USA
So still no word on what we have to do... well, that should make it interesting! Maybe it's one of those things where if you use the magic word that you didn't know was a magic word....

Peanut Butter Sexy Doughnut Cookie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread