Ended Smoktech giveaway! 250 Cloud Machines to win...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaceGun59

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Owensboro, KY
I'll do anything I need to do in order to get one of these bad boys...like a Klondike bar.
252fed1e38a564bf85d4bfcee8abeec4.jpg

Nick N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
I'll do anything I need to do in order to get one of these bad boys...like a Klondike bar.
True story, kinda long...

Father in law was living with us a few years back, waiting for a liver transplant (he did get one). He was up in his room and wanted a Klondike bar. Wife and I were in bed already, so he decided to go get one from the freezer in the basement. He was somewhat loopy at the time because liver failure does that to you. He gets to the bottom of the upstairs steps, missed the last step and fell into the wall, breaking his right arm. A few weeks later he emailed the story to Klondike and they sent him some free coupons and a letter. His arm is fine, liver is good, and most importantly...he has his own apartment. [emoji12]

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I seen people talking about Books and eBooks but I can't find the post now :(

But anyways my son got into Penn State and I had to buy some of his books, which by the way,
OMG THE PRICES OF SOME OF THE BOOKS
thud.gif

But what really shocked me was the eBooks weren't much cheaper :?:
This don't make much sense to me why a eBook would be so expensive.
And some of them, even after you bought them, you had to have a subscription to a website that would run out,
and then they would shut the book off :facepalm:

To confusing for me :rolleyes: I went with the good old hard cover books :laugh:
It's insane how much they charge for e-textbooks. Penn State, though! Wow!!!

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I guess I just need to figure out what it is I need. I can't get a laptop to keep up with me. I definitely think I need a quad core (at least) but I don't think I need an actual gaming computer, just one that won't freeze under the weight of all of my apps and tabs! Doesn't seem like a lot to ask, but so far I have been very disappointed.

A few years ago I bought a gaming computer.. if you bought one (of course not one with windows 8 on it though) you would love it.. mine was like driving a Lamborghini.. so responsive it was the best computer experience I ever had..

the only drawback to it, was that my son adopted it, permanently.. lol.. but as far as how it was.. it was a dream to operate!

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
Boy do I know your pain. My wife and our three kids are all going to college at the same time.....and I make way too much money for any of them to qualify for financial aid. According to FAFSA, only once our college expenses exceed roughly 40k for the year would they qualify. My wife suggests that we should get divorced just so at least she would be able to get financial aid.
Or move to a different country, come back to the USA with a student visa, and have the government cover the whole bill :facepalm:

TikPandora

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Platte NE, USA
I guess I just need to figure out what it is I need. I can't get a laptop to keep up with me. I definitely think I need a quad core (at least) but I don't think I need an actual gaming computer, just one that won't freeze under the weight of all of my apps and tabs! Doesn't seem like a lot to ask, but so far I have been very disappointed.

Some people are going to scoff at this recommendation, but I suggest an Alpha. It's inexpensive, small, and keeps up with my simultaneous use of Sony Vegas and Photoshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread