Ended Smoktech giveaway! 250 Cloud Machines to win...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardV

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
The Golden Isles of Georgia, USA
Back when I was in Jr College (1971) one of the books I had to buy was $50 used.
First day of class the prof. said we would not be using the book even though we were required to buy it, we would be tested on his lectures and at the end of the class the book store would buy it back for $5.00.:-x

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
The price for the books is rediculus... I wouldn't buy them. Copy the few parts needed...
Not only that, but way too many textbooks are filled with errors! I had a math textbook once that had so many wrong answers in it all it did was confuse me even more than I already was. I hate spending that kind of money on shoddy materials. At least with e-textbooks they can be edited faster, but the end consumer should not have to deal with spelling, grammar and syntax errors and definitely not wrong answers!!! **rant over**

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
shave.gif
This guy needs to worry about all the mold on the ceiling more than shaving! ewww
46f1ef38.x120.gif

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Hmmm, I might have to do that, then. I am afraid the same thing would happen to mine, though. I still have a 19-year-old at home and he is definitely a gamer!! :)

What happened with me, was because my son is so much better with computers than I am, he having been on one since kindergarten, was that he told me to get this that and the other, and I did exactly what he told me and ordered the "right" computer..

then.. his computer broke, and of course he decided I didn't really NEED that one.. hahahaha

and of course, because I actually DO need that one, I have to purchase another when I can afford it.. lol...I just didn't know how badly I actually needed it til now.. hahaha

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I didn't qualify for financial aid, either. My husband made way too much last year and even though our circumstances have definitely changed they still denied me. I had to decide if I wanted a career that would last longer than 10 years (my last one) or just work minimum wage jobs for the rest of my life. School won. :)
What did you go to school for? Thinking of going back.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Some people are going to scoff at this recommendation, but I suggest an Alpha. It's inexpensive, small, and keeps up with my simultaneous use of Sony Vegas and Photoshop.
What operating system does it run? I am a Windows user. I HATE 8/8.1 and haven't completely installed 10 yet but I don't want to have to switch my OS this late in the game. Been using Windows since... what was before Windows 95? Since then. :D

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Had to spend the morning with Mom, the doctors changed all of her medicine so her epilepsy was acting up. I used her MVP 3 the whole time.
Oh no! I hope they get that straightened out soon! :( Cool that you got to use the MVP 3, though. I really want the Pro. Someday.... :)

Reactions: FringeChief68
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread