Ended Smoktech giveaway! 250 Cloud Machines to win...

Status
Not open for further replies.

v1ks_

Has a pretty generic custom title
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Latvia
Well... That sucks.
Went to sleep yesterday waiting for SmokeyJoe to announce how to win one of the last 6 devices. And now its allready over...
I am dissapointed...

Disappointed at being given the chance to win one of 300 devices absolutely for free?
Am I reading this correctly?

v1ks_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Latvia
............:lol:

250 to go!!! ;)

Peoples wanting it - NOW!

Somewhat curious how will that drawing go. If I had to guess, I'd say that 1 point will equal 1 entry in the draw.
Also, I'd like to see the top contestants, heh... just how many points people have managed to gather...

Reactions: BamaBabe4Ever

Mestapholes

Verified Member
Aug 27, 2015
Disappointed at being given the chance to win one of 300 devices absolutely for free?
Am I reading this correctly?

Nope. I really had a blast during the last couple of days in this thread (lots of nice and funny people).
I am just dissapointed that the last 6 devices were given away more or less likely depending on the time zone you are living in...
And I am not hoping to win one of the other 250 devices as the relation of the odds winning there will be much smaller than here.
That`s just why.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Somewhat curious how will that drawing go. If I had to guess, I'd say that 1 point will equal 1 entry in the draw.
Also, I'd like to see the top contestants, heh... just how many points people have managed to gather...
I understood:
10 Points for entering
10 Points for each linked entry
a few other 10 Point categories
30 points for software download - linked

Yes, each is an additional entry.

Wife and I probably have 10 each :lol: I am already excluded by my early win(I assume)
Still wishing her luck.
My Wife chucking Clouds........:shock: No way:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
In case anyone is interested, Smok has the temp control profile for stainless steel coils now.
Screenshot_2015-09-02-02-48-52.png
Screenshot_2015-09-02-02-49-15.png

I think I need to try using the 0.4 ohm stainless steel Aspire Triton coils to see if temp control works with them.

v1ks_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Latvia
I understood:
10 Points for entering
10 Points for each linked entry
a few other 10 Point categories
30 points for software download - linked

Yes, each is an additional entry.

Wife and I probably have 10 each :lol: I am already excluded by my early win(I assume)
Still wishing her luck.
My Wife chucking Clouds........:shock: No way:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Umm, I don't think so... as per the website:
Earn 10 points just by signing up!
Earn 20 points for every signup with your link!
3 points for signing up on Facebook
3 points for signing up on Twitter
3 points for sharing on LinkedIn
3 points for sharing on Pinterest
30 points for downloading their App (not mentioned on site)

Since they're giving 3 points as well, that pretty much means that 10 points != 1 entry. Hence I'm guessing it's 1 point = 1 entry.
I managed to get 60 points. 10 (signing up)+ 30 (installing app)+ 20 (colleague signed up via link), but I'm also excluded, I guess.
I think someone already boasted they have something around 400 points on last Wednesday... :eek:
So yeah, curious, just how hard people have worked on this one.
I'm pretty much anti-social, so I have no Fecebook, Titter and what not... :lol:

Seleya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2014
Florida, USA
Umm, I don't think so... as per the website:
Earn 10 points just by signing up!
Earn 20 points for every signup with your link!
3 points for signing up on Facebook
3 points for signing up on Twitter
3 points for sharing on LinkedIn
3 points for sharing on Pinterest
30 points for downloading their App (not mentioned on site)

Since they're giving 3 points as well, that pretty much means that 10 points != 1 entry. Hence I'm guessing it's 1 point = 1 entry.
I managed to get 60 points. 10 (signing up)+ 30 (installing app)+ 20 (colleague signed up via link), but I'm also excluded, I guess.
I think someone already boasted they have something around 400 points on last Wednesday... :eek:
So yeah, curious, just how hard people have worked on this one.
I'm pretty much anti-social, so I have no Fecebook, Titter and what not... :lol:
I have all of those and shared it on my social media, but none of my friends care to enter a random drawing. :( lol

v1ks_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Latvia
In case anyone is interested, Smok has the temp control profile for stainless steel coils now.
View attachment 486562 View attachment 486563

I think I need to try using the 0.4 ohm stainless steel Aspire Triton coils to see if temp control works with them.

Good news! I believe it was firmware v1.09... correct?
Any thoughts about how usable is the device without the App? People were complaining yesterday that not everyone has a compatible phone for the App.
Thanks!

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
I wouldn't be so sure.
In the first couple of hours after announcing the subcontest, answers were flying left and right... most of them were way off, because no one bothered to read the actual rules, but even then, I think it works out to more than just 4 - 5.

I managed to keep up with the posts in the hours immediately following the questions as well.

I should have qualified my earlier comment however; I counted no more than four or five us with original answers.

A lot of the answers were duplicates due to people not being able to keep up with the thread and being in a hurry to be the first to post the right answer.

v1ks_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Latvia
So what mix is everyone vaping tonight?

On stinkies... :oops:
Waiting for my Koopor Mini (which was ordered 2 days prior the giveaway was announced), or the Cube, whichever arrives first!
Don't want stinkies any more... :nah:

v1ks_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Latvia
I managed to keep up with the posts in the hours immediately following the questions as well.

I should have qualified my earlier comment however; I counted no more than four or five us with original answers.

A lot of the answers were duplicate due to people not being able to keep up with the thread and being in a hurry to be the first to post the right answer.

I don't recall what your answer was. Mind reminding me?
Best I found was 25th of August, 2007. That one contained words "you don't smoke it, you vape it" or something along those lines. Underneath the text there was an diagram with an e-cig...
Now, I know I'm not getting another Cube, but... I have someone on this thread I would like to give one. :lol:

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
I don't recall what your answer was. Mind reminding me?
Best I found was 25th of August, 2007. That one contained words "you don't smoke it, you vape it" or something along those lines. Underneath the text there was an diagram with an e-cig...
Now, I know I'm not getting another Cube, but... I have someone on this thread I would like to give one. :lol:

@SmokeyJoe

Earliest mention I could find using the term vaping in relation to e-cigs on Google was

A new study commissioned by ASH - puffdaddie.co.uk

The date is Jan 5th 2006

***my original post stated Jan 5th 2005 but that was a typo

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
On stinkies... :oops:
Waiting for my Koopor Mini (which was ordered 2 days prior the giveaway was announced), or the Cube, whichever arrives first!
Don't want stinkies any more... :nah:
Hopefully it arrives soon! I keep some of my old ego's around, also have a genitank on my old iPow 2 just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread